Re: NFCU is no longer Hard Pull Happy?

@FinStar wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
What is max CL on navy cards?

IIRC

$80k Flagship

$50K Non-Flagship

$80K total aggregate credit line, not including CLOC.

Just to add to the above, 3 cards maximum in aggregate exposure, m8 😁

@FinStar I see what you did there....😂

Message 71 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received an auto cli on Thursday of $4k on cash rewards bringing it to $24k. No hard pull. It’s my highest card. Hoping AMEX Hilton Honors will auto increase next!
Message 72 of 157
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I received an auto cli on Thursday of $4k on cash rewards bringing it to $24k. No hard pull. It’s my highest card. Hoping AMEX Hilton Honors will auto increase next!

Congrats on your Auto-CLISmiley Happy

Message 73 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone got SP CLI in 2020? Waiting for the new score to post to request my CLI on my cashRewards card.

Message 74 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

No HP for my Flagship CLI from $22,000 to $28,000 on 12/26.  My Go Rewards card is at $13,000 so total CL with NFCU is $41,000. 

Message 75 of 157
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone got SP CLI in 2020? Waiting for the new score to post to request my CLI on my cashRewards card.

I'm waiting to hear as well.  Hoping someone will be the "guinea pig" in 2020 before my Platinum is ready for its 6 month CLI request.

Starting FICO 8 December 2017

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 76 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

In 8 days (next Saturday ) I will be 91/3 and will be going for a cli on my cash rewards card and applying for 2nd card with navy . I was going to do Cli first . I will update if it’s a hard pull as my understanding is that cli and a new app for cc would be 2 separate hard pulls since a cli pulls from a different bureau than a new cc.
Message 77 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Peazmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm waiting to hear as well.  Hoping someone will be the "guinea pig" in 2020 before my Platinum is ready for its 6 month CLI request.

With AR and updated Navy score, there should be should SP or HP CLI data points soon! Smiley Very Happy

Message 78 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

I froze my reports and applied yesterday. First cli, approved this morning 3x my previous limit $500 to $1,500. 760 EQ from newest AR, cardholder 22 months. Hopefully I’ll get lucky for my anniversary as well.
Message 79 of 157
Hex
Valued Contributor

Okay I was my own data points so here it goes:

I ended up applying for and being approved for CLI’s on all 3 of my Navy cards at the end of December. I was hoping for SP’s and I got lucky- they all were.

12/26/19 Flagship card- card opened in mid December 2018 with $15K limit. Never previously asked for or received a cli on this card. I asked for a 34.5K limit and they gave me a limit of $23K so it was an 8K increase. They sent me an email that said that I was approved but if it wasn’t for the full amount requested (which it wasn’t) they would send me a letter stating why. I received the letter -it is dated 12/26 and the stated reason is: “You’ve reached Navy Federal’s maximum unsecured credit limit.”

12/28/19 More Rewards Amex- Card opened 10/2017 with a $500 limit. Requested a CLI on this card after 91 days and got it to $1500 -HP. Last February I requested again and got it to $4500 -HP. (This when I decided no more HP’s for CLI’s because I get more with new cards.) On 12/28/19 I requested a $25K limit. I never got an email about this request or a letter in the mail but they did increase my limit to $12.5K so it was another $8K increase.

12/30/19 Navy CashRewards Card- my first Navy Card it started as a $500 nRewards secured card in July of 2017. This card graduated in December of 2017 at 5 months and they raised the limit to $2K at that time. It’s stayed at $2K all that time because I have much better cards so why spend a hard pull right?
On 12/30/19 I requested a CLI up to $6K on this card and I got that amount approved. They sent me an email but I won’t be getting a letter because I was granted my full request on this card. I still want to close this card. Wondering if I can move the limit to my Flagship and maybe get a different Navy Card or a new SUB for a duplicate card. But I’ll wait a bit since they were just so good to me.

I have been getting discouraged with Navy because I was disappointed with never getting an auto CLI on any of my cards. About a year ago I called to check if my accounts were set up for auto increases and they said they were. At the start of December I asked them via message to close my CashRewards and explained I didn’t want it because I couldn’t use it due to the low limit and I knew they wouldn’t increase it because I never used it. They messaged me back and said that auto CLI’s were disabled on my accounts (REALLY????). They advised that I request they turn them on and wait a full statement cycle before I cancel the account. I don’t know if that would have worked because I asked before they had time to give me an auto increase.

I think either something is/was broken at Navy or “You’ve reached Navy Federal’s maximum unsecured credit limit.” might not be the true reason for a lot of denials that get that reason.
EQ FICO 9 was 759 for the December AR.
Message 80 of 157
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.