Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU max cards allowed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU max cards allowed?

Hi - does anyone know how many cards NFCU allows a member to have? I currently have three with relatively low credit limits (Go Rewards $7500, Cash Rewards $6500, and MC Platinum $5000) but eventually would like to apply for the Visa Flagship. Also, I haven't requested a CLI in a couple years, is there one card over the next that has a better chance of approval? Thanks in advance!!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU max cards allowed?

Three cards with NFCU is the max.

You could PC one of your cards to the Flagship card by calling them and requesting to do so. The Flagship requires a minimum SL of $5000, so changing any of your cards to it would be permissible.

As for a CLI, go for it on any of them that makes sense to you (provided that it’s not less than 6 months old for the best chance of success).
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much! Just the info I needed Smiley Happy Do you know (or anyone else) whether they do a SP or HP when request a PC?
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

No HP for a PC. One of the few things they don’t do a hard pull for...
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi - does anyone know how many cards NFCU allows a member to have? I currently have three with relatively low credit limits (Go Rewards $7500, Cash Rewards $6500, and MC Platinum $5000) but eventually would like to apply for the Visa Flagship. Also, I haven't requested a CLI in a couple years, is there one card over the next that has a better chance of approval? Thanks in advance!!

If your scores are decent & your Navy experience is good, no reason you couldn't request CLI across the board. It should cost you one HP, but no telling how much reward you might get.

Note: In the Navy thread a member mentioned getting 3 CLI recently (about 20-25K total CLI if I remember right). I just got 2 CLI (10K & 5K) and I've only been a member 8 months. 

Message 5 of 12
SwarthyOgre
Regular Contributor

Also as an option you can combine 2 of your cards limits to one, ditch the other and get a different 3rd card as a member or two has done recently. As usual your results may vary based on your relationship with NFCU and overall credit profile. Cant hurt to ask.

Starting scores: 5/15 - EQ: 546 | TU: 580 | EX: 554
Current scores: 4/23 - EQ: 750 | TU: 750 | EX: 750
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Combination sounds good to me. Open up that 3rd slot so you can get the SUB when applying for the Flagship.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I applied for a CLI for my cash rewards card (came as a HP). Requested $25k which is wishful thinking but I saw some here say that's the way to go. I got a "wait 24 hours" and see no change this morning which most likely means a no go this time around. I sent NFCU a secure message requesting a PC to their Visa Flagship so we shall see what they say about that. Thanks all for your responses, appreciate your time!
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well, I applied for a CLI for my cash rewards card (came as a HP) ,,,

You spent the HP, might as well put it to full use and request CLI on the other two cards. 

Upthread I mentioned getting two CLI -- Card1 I requested 25K from 7800, it went to review overnight and I got 10K bump; Card2 I asked only for 5K more (from 20 to 25) and it was instant approval. Note: this 2nd approval came after I had only been given a partial CLI on the 1st card. 

I think it's pretty well-documented here the best Navy strategy is not to over-think it, but just ask. 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, why not? I just requested CLI to $15k on my other two cards. We will see what happens. Thanks very much for the info!!
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.