cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU my offers tab

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.

NFCU my offers tab

Hello,
So when I logged onto my NFCU portal via website I saw several offers in the right hand side of screen, when I clicked my offers tab I had a 1.99% intro rate for the AMEX rewards card along with checking line of credit and IRA bonus. I received a flyer in the mail the next day for the AMEX at 1.99% for 12 months also. Are these pre approvals or just generic offers? I applied for the card last night with my acceptance code from the flyer and was denied :-(
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU my offers tab

By the sound of your post it was merely a pre-screened qualification rather than a true “pre-approved” offer. I haven’t experienced any offers like that from NFCU myself though.
Back In the garden June 2019 until TBD
FICO 8 Scores (Inquiries) May 29, 2019

Military Star - $8.7K | FCCU Platinum Signature VISA - $13K | Care Credit - $25K | Barclay AA Red MC - $5K | Best Buy Citi Visa - $3K | Cap1 Savor - $3.1K | USAA Signature VISA - $6K | PFCU Power Cash Rewards Signature VISA - $28.5K | CSR $15K | USAA AMEX - $12K | AMEX BCP - $35K | Chase Freedom Signature Visa- $7.5K | HSBC Rewards MC - $1.75K | CITI DC - $10.3K | Discover It - $16K | NFCU Cash Rewards Signature Visa - $10K | NFCU CLOC - $15K | TD Ameritrade Client Rewards Visa - $1.5K | Chase FU Signature $15K | Citi AA Plat MC $13K
AAoA 6 Yrs 10 Mos AoOA 16 Yrs 2 Mos AoYA 1 Mos
Currently 13/24
4/24 on 1/14/20
1/24 on 3/15/20
0/24 on 3/20/21
Installment Loans
BMW $36.4K of $65.3K @ .99% (44.3% Paid)
Student Loans $32K of $66.65K @ 2.75% (51.93% Paid)
Annual Income ~ $110K
Message 2 of 6

I'm wondering if it depends upon the offer?? I have their cashRewards card and one day I looked at my offers and there was one for the Flagship. I apped for it and was instantly approved.

Message 3 of 6
Regular Contributor

I had an AmEx offer in My Offers a few months back.  It was a decline.

Message 4 of 6

Thanks for the reply, I assume so. I tried to recon with them and the representative mentioned income I put on the application as the deciding factor.
Message 5 of 6

Oh that’s awesome. I guess it does , I’ll just wait another 6 months and see what comes my way.
Message 6 of 6