Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU product change from cashReward to Platinum questions

tag
Vu
Frequent Contributor

NFCU product change from cashReward to Platinum questions

Hello folks,

Is it possible to product change from cashReward to Platinum and get the 0% BT promotion?  I know the product change should not be an issue but would love to have the 0% BT.

DW has a year old $20K cashReward sitting at 0 balance.  She applied for the Platinum and denied with the reason of she reached the maximum limit with NFCU.  We have a 8 months old, 7.5% loan (foundation repair) that would like to be able to take advantage of the 0% BT promo if possible.  

I know I could pick up the phone and call NFCU but just wanted to check here first Smiley Happy

Thank you.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU product change from cashReward to Platinum questions

That particular 0% 12 month BT offer is tied to an approval so technically, probably not. 

You should call them and ask,  and if they say no go ahead and ask if they can extend to you a BT offer on your Cash Rewards card. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 7
Vu
Frequent Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

That particular 0% 12 month BT offer is tied to an approval so technically, probably not. 

You should call them and ask,  and if they say no go ahead and ask if they can extend to you a BT offer on your Cash Rewards card. 

That's a good suggestion on asking for the BT on the existing card.  Thank you.

Message 3 of 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

In addition, Navy usually offers 1.99% APR BT promotion on existing card holders beginning of the year. 0% APR for targeted members.

Message 4 of 7
Vu
Frequent Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

In addition, Navy usually offers 1.99% APR BT promotion on existing card holders beginning of the year. 0% APR for targeted members.

That's good to know too.  Thank you.

I supposed we have to wait until 2021 then because my DW just called NFCU and they said product change is no problem, 0% BT promotion is not available on the existing account Smiley Sad.

Message 5 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

You could always apply yourselfSmiley Wink

Message 6 of 7
Vu
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

You could always apply yourselfSmiley Wink

Already did Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.