Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU "Reputation Score"

tag
CCrew
Regular Contributor

NFCU "Reputation Score"

Was approved for their Rewards Amex w/15K SL and was kind of surprised that they sent the standard disclaimer when credit was pulled through TU. Interestingly though they didn't list my TU score, but instead a NFCU "Reputation Score" that ranges from 100-450. Anyone see this before to know how it's calculated?  Did a search here and didn't really see anything.

As a data point we have a $25K Platinum card, a $45k vehicle loan and checking/savings with them so there is indeed a marker for them as to how we deal with finances (no baddies)

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU "Reputation Score"

@CCrew wrote:

Was approved for their Rewards Amex w/15K SL and was kind of surprised that they sent the standard disclaimer when credit was pulled through TU. Interestingly though they didn't list my TU score, but instead a NFCU "Reputation Score" that ranges from 100-450. Anyone see this before to know how it's calculated?  Did a search here and didn't really see anything.

As a data point we have a $25K Platinum card, a $45k vehicle loan and checking/savings with them so there is indeed a marker for them as to how we deal with finances (no baddies)

It’s been mentioned a number of times on here. If they just sent you their score on the cost of credit letter, it means they didn’t give you the lowest APR based on their internal score they have for you. NFCU unfortunately isn’t forthcoming about how they come up with these scores. 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its no way to know what they look for. I know I had a low 200 number, I think 217 when I first joined and applied in Sept 2018. Was declined. Opened a 500 secure card I used for 2 months and applied for the flagship again, this time approved for 10k, that was in Nov 2018. The score then was around 240. So no clue how they calculate it.
Message 3 of 7
CCrew
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Its no way to know what they look for. I know I had a low 200 number, I think 217 when I first joined and applied in Sept 2018. Was declined. Opened a 500 secure card I used for 2 months and applied for the flagship again, this time approved for 10k, that was in Nov 2018. The score then was around 240. So no clue how they calculate it.

Thanks. Yeah, they said my # was 302, and interestingly enough it is at the best rate for that card, so the letter didn't generate from not getting the best terms. I forget the rate, I know our Platinum is in the mid 7% range. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CCrew wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. Yeah, they said my # was 302, and interestingly enough it is at the best rate for that card, so the letter didn't generate from not getting the best terms. I forget the rate, I know our Platinum is in the mid 7% range. 

That is weird indeed. I got my cashRewards at the lowest 11.4% in September when I joined and my Platinum at the lowest 7.99% last month and a $500 CLOC at 15.9% and I only got the cost of credit letter for the CLOC since it wasn’t 13.9% and it didn’t have my NFCU score. 

Message 5 of 7
CCrew
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:That is weird indeed. I got my cashRewards at the lowest 11.4% in September when I joined and my Platinum at the lowest 7.99% last month and a $500 CLOC at 15.9% and I only got the cost of credit letter for the CLOC since it wasn’t 13.9% and it didn’t have my NFCU score. 

Just checked. New card is the AmEx Rewards card and rate is 11.65%. 0% for 12mo. From what I see that's their best on that card. Hey, like you said, that reputation thing is all a secret. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CCrew wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:That is weird indeed. I got my cashRewards at the lowest 11.4% in September when I joined and my Platinum at the lowest 7.99% last month and a $500 CLOC at 15.9% and I only got the cost of credit letter for the CLOC since it wasn’t 13.9% and it didn’t have my NFCU score. 

Just checked. New card is the AmEx Rewards card and rate is 11.65%. 0% for 12mo. From what I see that's their best on that card. Hey, like you said, that reputation thing is all a secret. 

Well I guess I wouldn’t worry about that score since they obviously like your profile a lot to give you such a nice limit at the lowest APR. Congratulations! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.