Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nasa app pending

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nasa app pending

I have been waiting for a status update on my app for over a week now. Does it normally take this long? I app'd for membership on 1/11 and it wasn't approved until 1/23. I am close to the 30 days and don't want them to hp if they don't review the app by 2/11.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nasa app pending

Did you go into the application status link and check in there or were you just waiting for an email?  Week seems like longer than usual with them

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump and good luck! 

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been waiting for a status update on my app for over a week now. Does it normally take this long? I app'd for membership on 1/11 and it wasn't approved until 1/23. I am close to the 30 days and don't want them to hp if they don't review the app by 2/11.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately they just declined it this morning. Too many new accounts and also inquiries. All of my credit is actually just a little over a year old so I better slow down before I get a cld. I am just going to garden until I app for a mortgage in May.

Message 4 of 12
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately they just declined it this morning. Too many new accounts and also inquiries. All of my credit is actually just a little over a year old so I better slow down before I get a cld. I am just going to garden until I app for a mortgage in May.

if you are trying to buy a home in may STOP APPLYING FOR CREDIT

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought I needed a certain amount of open credit? I even just added an auto loan last month so I can show installment loan payment history. I know this isn't a mortgage thread so I won't say too much. I guess maybe I should talk to somene so I know what I need to do or not do so I'm prepared by summer at least. 

Message 6 of 12
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

In your situation fight the urge for apping (pot calling the kettle black) so that you align yourself for that mortgage!  You have enough credit to do the trick IMHO.

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help everyone. Definitely going to garden.

Message 8 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought I needed a certain amount of open credit? I even just added an auto loan last month so I can show installment loan payment history. I know this isn't a mortgage thread so I won't say too much. I guess maybe I should talk to somene so I know what I need to do or not do so I'm prepared by summer at least. 

you need 3 accounts of any type total. I wouldn't add debt like an auto loan just to have it on my credit report, the debt to income may effect your approval amount far more than the bump in credit score for having an installment loan!

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I was getting a new car anyway it's just that I could have paid cash instead of financing. I guess that was a foolish mistake. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.