Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nationwide Visa Signature card.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nationwide Visa Signature card.

My mailbox overflows, it seems. I've never seen a Nationwide Signature Visa card, or a pre-approval offer before. Is this legit? Is it a good one?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Nationwide Visa Signature card.

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting. Seems to be one of the less popular ones from the search on the forums. Wonder if it's worth it...?
Message 3 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Interesting. Seems to be one of the less popular ones from the search on the forums. Wonder if it's worth it...?

1% card.. Meh..  Is it worth it to you if the question.  For me personally, no.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

From a utilization standpoint maybe, but not based on the rewards.

I've just noticed more recent cards are getting high SL and CLIs, where the ones I've had for a year are stuck at low and unmoving. Chase and Barclay's being the slowest and lowest of the lot.
Message 5 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

If you are looking for a high SL and low apr have you considered NASA FCU?  Not sure what you Experian looks like but they are known to hand out big CL's and might be a better fit if a big SL is what you seek?

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had considered it. Experian is ok, one paid collection and a paid tax lien, but solid payment history, low utilization at 7%. Current FICO is 685. Does that fall within their range?
Message 7 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I had considered it. Experian is ok, one paid collection and a paid tax lien, but solid payment history, low utilization at 7%. Current FICO is 685. Does that fall within their range?

It is within their range and could go either way to be honest...  The nice thing about NASA FCU is TYPICALLY if you appply for membership and approved then after approved for membership you apply for a CC it will be a SP as well whether it is approved or declined...  Once that CC is approved or declined any application in the future is a HP..  Keep in mind this can change and it could be a HP for the CC product initially, but more times then not it is a SP, but HP's have occured as well, but not the normal if done correctly.  I was turned down as my Experian was a mess when I applied and thought I could squeak by like some others did..  If I applied now I would probably be approved as my Experian is pretty dang clean..  It was unpaid CA's/CO's that got me.  They have tightened up a bit, but not much to lose really if it is a SP most likely.. Just my take on it.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is best for membership, savings or checking? Or both?
Message 9 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
What is best for membership, savings or checking? Or both?

Savings deffinetly.. believe cause of $5 or 10 dollar minimium deposit and no Fee invovled.. Checking recently someone Centurion King forgot he opened one and it had a monthly fee, got overdrawn and thy threatened to put him in collections.. Long story short it was taken care of and believe he closed out the checking account.  Savings account has no AF and thus cannot get you into any issues such as I mentioned.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.