Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy CashRewards CLI Denied

tag
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Navy CashRewards CLI Denied

I'll put down the specific reasons why when I get the letter LOL.     My thinking is because of the New Card I opened (DISCO) which I do need to update my Siggy LOL because I put a TON of spend on it when I got it so when I pay it down hopefully they will give me a nice increase middle/end of this year!     But my UTL is lower still even with the high use on that and I am still paying down others....One of them (The Medical one) I even paid off so my AGG UTL is now 69% my questions are 1)    Do they look at New accounts as a Bad/No no even if you pay down/off your other ones?! and 2)  How long do I have to wait before I can ask again?!     Because I am making a big payment on my DISCO in a few days (my payment is due on the 19th) but I'm not sure if after I pay that down if I tried again once it reported would I be trying/asking again to soon.      I also don't want it to be a HP since I used my SP recently or would it still be a SP if I ask later this month once it reflects!?

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy CashRewards CLI Denied

I'm too new with Navy to answer those questions, but I do know DTI is big with them, so your aggregate usage may be the issue. If you make a big payment on Disco though, once it posts, call up and ask for an off-cycle reporting. They'll do it and the next day your reports will reflect it. That might help.

Message 2 of 23
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous     The thing that is Funny to me about that though is that my AGG was higher than that when I first opened my account and got my Card LOL so Idk?!     I had that card under 30% when I applied as well and so I'm just a bit confused XD      I will see about calling to do the Off Cycle you mentioned so if I call I should request it the next day or a few days after to make sure it had time to show up for them?!

Message 3 of 23
AllZero
Mega Contributor

I don't have an answer for your question. I guess wait for the letter?

It should be SP for CLI request if done online or app. Data Points suggest that it could be a HP if done with CSR.

You could also freeze all bureaus to ensure no HP.

@CreditInspired wrote:

Freeze your credit with Equifax, Experian and TransUnion

Credit BureauOnlineBy phoneBy mail
How to freeze your credit with EquifaxVisitEquifax Credit Freeze page1-800-685-1111 (NY residents call 1-800-349-9960)Equifax Security Freeze, P.O. Box 105788 Atlanta, GA 30348
Visit: Experian Credit Freeze page1-888-EXPERIAN (1-888-397-3742)Experian Security Freeze, P.O. Box 9554 Allen, TX 75013
How to freeze your credit with TransUnion Visit: TransUnion Credit Freeze page 1-888-909-8872TransUnion LLC, P.O. Box 2000
Chester, PA 19016

I found this on https://clark.com/credit/credit-freeze-and-thaw-guide/

Message 4 of 23
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@AllZero     All of my CB have a Freeze/Lock.     I actually UnFroze my TU just in case that may had been the reason for a possible denial but idk?!!?

Message 5 of 23
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

@AllZero     All of my CB have a Freeze/Lock.     I actually UnFroze my TU just in case that may had been the reason for a possible denial but idk?!!?

From the data points I've read, members where successful with CLI with frozen reports, myself included. I'm unsure if frozen reports would be a denial reason.

Hopefully, the letter once received, will give you some insight.

Message 6 of 23
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@AllZero      This is true I have seen people with Frozen reports still get increases, I was just worried if mine was frozen and they went off the last information they had that the UTL would have been higher at that point because last I touched my account the UTL was higher and that one card still had a balance that I paid off.....^^     Hopefully I get the letter soon lol

Message 7 of 23
800wannabe420
Regular Contributor

@Girlzilla88

You can request a CLI at anytime after a denial. You must wait 6 months between CLI requests after a successful increase. 

It SHOULD be a SP but you should always be prepared for a HP. Having said that, it's been more than a year since I've seen a HP CLI request...

Good luck! ☺

Message 8 of 23
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@800wannabe420    Thank You!

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened my Cash Rewards January 2020 with a 1K starting limit, so just squeaked in. Waited for my 91/3, applied for Platinum, denied. Hit the CLI button on the Cash Rewards, they gave me $500 as a consolation prize.

Nov 2020, pushed the CLI button 4 days too soon, auto deny. Oops. Last week, hit the CLI button again, they gave me 3X, so up to $4500. (Go Navy!) Both CLI requests were soft pulls. Util on the cash rewards was 55%, overall util on all cards was 48%. (aggressively paying down debt, but it's a grind)

I've been putting spend on the Cash Rewards and making largeish payments, so that may have helped. You may just need to let that Cash Rewards age a little bit before they show you some Navy love.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.