Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed denied CLI

tag
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Fed denied CLI

Sorry about your limit denial! The denial reason just means you've reached the amount of credit they're willing to trust you with on that specific card for now.  So if you wait a little while and try again or apply for another card you may be approved. 

The tricky thing I've found about the 91 days/3 statements rule is it also depends when you first got a card. Depending on how close you were to the closing date for that card when you were approved it could take 4 statements before you're actually eligible for a limit increase or new card instead of 3.  If when you were approved you were less than 3 weeks away from the closing date I'd definitely wait until I got 4 statements before asking for a limit increase or new card.  

Message 21 of 36
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Jordan23ww wrote:

Sorry about your limit denial! The denial reason just means you've reached the amount of credit they're willing to trust you with on that specific card for now.  So if you wait a little while and try again or apply for another card you may be approved. 

The tricky thing I've found about the 91 days/3 statements rule is it also depends when you first got a card. Depending on how close you were to the closing date for that card when you were approved it could take 4 statements before you're actually eligible for a limit increase or new card instead of 3.  If when you were approved you were less than 3 weeks away from the closing date I'd definitely wait until I got 4 statements before asking for a limit increase or new card.  

Well that's why we say 91/3 means 91 days and 3 FULL statements. A full statement has to have at least 25 days in its billing cycle. Any statement with less than 25 days isn't a full statement, so in those instances where a statement generates shortly after approval, it doesn't count towards 91/3.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 22 of 36
Sax2610
Contributor

Good morning 

Navy Federal said the CLi are hard pulls? Does anyone know if this is true now when i applied for Cli i was denied but CR was locked. 

Thanks

Message 23 of 36
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Sax2610 wrote:

Good morning 

Navy Federal said the CLi are hard pulls? Does anyone know if this is true now when i applied for Cli i was denied but CR was locked. 

Thanks

@Sax2610, NFCU are "SP" CLI's when done through the Web or phone app. ALL (3) can remain locked.

Some reading material here; (you might start towards the end of the thread, as it is pretty large)

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional...

Message 24 of 36
Sax2610
Contributor

So why did the navy fed rep tell me Hp

Message 25 of 36
Sax2610
Contributor

Thank you for the information 

Message 26 of 36
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Sax2610 wrote:

So why did the navy fed rep tell me Hp

@Sax2610, That is what the reps will always tell you! ..Many, Many DP's are SP if you ask over the web or phone app.

I have had at least 5 SP CLI's (I ask via the laptop)

Message 27 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine last week was a SP. I asked on the website.

Message 28 of 36
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Mine last week was a SP. I asked on the website.

Same for me.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 29 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never call in for a navy cli do it through web or app it will be an sp

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.