Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Approval Chance?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Approval Chance?

I personally think you have an almost guaranteed chance of approval. Back in February, I joined and applied for the Navy Platinum with an EQ score of 601 and one charge off and one collection. They approved me for $17k on the spot. I've since paid off both baddies and I'm anxiously awaiting my 91/3 to see how much of a bump I'll get. That being said, I think you'll see some of the higher SL due to your profile. 

Good luck and let us know how it works out! Navy Fed is the BEST!!!!

Message 11 of 36
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Good luck with whatever you decide

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 12 of 36
Morphyyy
Contributor

Ok guys I just got approved and got my online account set up!!! How long should I wait before I app for one of the unsecured? Only unsecured I've ever been approved for is the cap one platinum and mission lane. Cant seem to get any other unsecured or pre approvals! How long do yall think I should give it on my new account before I pull the trigger?

Message 13 of 36
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Morphyyy wrote:

Ok guys I just got approved and got my online account set up!!! How long should I wait before I app for one of the unsecured? Only unsecured I've ever been approved for is the cap one platinum and mission lane. Cant seem to get any other unsecured or pre approvals! How long do yall think I should give it on my new account before I pull the trigger?

Congratulations on your membership! Call into CSR and see if you have any prequal for their credit cards.

Message 14 of 36
Morphyyy
Contributor

They approved me for the GoRewards for $500. Not that high but glad I got approved hopefully 91/3 will be better. Think it's because I have short credit history.

Message 15 of 36
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval!! Any DP's to share? Who and what score they pulled?

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 16 of 36
EverForward
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 17 of 36
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Morphyyy wrote:

They approved me for the GoRewards for $500. Not that high but glad I got approved hopefully 91/3 will be better. Think it's because I have short credit history.

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 18 of 36
nyuphoto
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous 

Could you let us know how you're 91/3 CLI goes? I'm in a similar boat and I think many other members are too. Thanks so much! 

@Morphyyy  And congratulations on your approval! I know the feeling, enjoy it and garden it well!

Cards (In order of approval) TCL: 137k

Chase Home Mortgage 402k 3.25% 30yr | 10/2021 | AU  
App’d for my first CC in April 2020, hoping for a 3k SL… Anyone can turn their credit around.
Message 19 of 36
Morphyyy
Contributor

Instant approval! They pulled TU for me which was 680. 1 collection. CAP ONE SECURED $500, CAP ONE PLAT $300, MISSION LANE $300 AND CITI SECURED $500 sitting at 2%UTI with 100% payment history and my credit age is only like 6 months i think.

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.