cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

@Remedios wrote:

Please, save "congratulations" for the actual approval threads, or this one will become "too long to read" in no time. 

Asking for additional DPs and having conversations while congratulating someone is perfectly fine, but "congrats only" posts belong in approvals. 

This,  +1 Cmon guys and gals, please take a moment to actually read the preface of this threadSmiley Wink.  Thanks and  enjoy the new threadSmiley Happy

Message 11 of 1,522
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

A new beginning. Glad I seen that before it was placed too far down the road. I never new NFCU was using TU9 until reading about the new thread.

Thank you for the new thread already learned something new.

Message 12 of 1,522
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

Ahhhh, jumping into this new NFCU thread with my patented CANONBALL to get my feet wet!

Was just approved for NFCU Platinum with a SL $25,000 @ 5.99% !  My 1st NFCU card!  Woohoo!

Will post in the Approvals thread later for the "congrats", but here are a few DP's to digest...

• NFCU member for over 2 years
  • Have checking, savings, and Special CD.  It was my main checking account until very recently.
  • Inquiries (# / months): 0/3, 1/6, 3/12, 3/24
  • # of new CC's on credit reports (# / months): 0/3, 5/6, 5/12 (my new Affinity CC hasn't reported yet)
  • ETA:  forgot a biggie... TU was 749 on 5/1 and probably unchanged since
  • Also, BK7 from 2012 still on reports
  • UTI < 1%

NFCU Platinum Approval.jpg

Message 13 of 1,522
Merc1776
Valued Member

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

Ahhhh, jumping into this new NFCU thread with my patented CANONBALL to get my feet wet!

Was just approved for NFCU Platinum with a SL $25,000 @ 5.99% !  My 1st NFCU card!  Woohoo!

Will post in the Approvals thread later for the "congrats", but here are a few DP's to digest...

• NFCU member for over 2 years
  • Have checking, savings, and Special CD.  It was my main checking account until very recently.
  • Inquiries (# / months): 0/3, 1/6, 3/12, 3/24
  • # of new CC's on credit reports (# / months): 0/3, 5/6, 5/12 (my new Affinity CC hasn't reported yet)
  • ETA:  forgot a biggie... TU was 749 on 5/1 and probably unchanged since
  • Also, BK7 from 2012 still on reports
  • UTI < 1%

NFCU Platinum Approval.jpg

Was the 1st cards CL decent you had at NFCU?

Message 14 of 1,522
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

Please, save "congratulations" for the actual approval threads, or this one will become "too long to read" in no time. 

Asking for additional DPs and having conversations while congratulating someone is perfectly fine, but "congrats only" posts belong in approvals. 

Adding to the above, and for a more seamless interaction, please be sure to use the "quote" feature (if applicable) so that members know which post and who you are replying to.  As far as the "congratulations only" piece, just kudo the post -- no need to clutter things up 😉

Message 15 of 1,522
collics
Established Contributor

Question: What's the difference, or benefit, of the Cash Rewards being Visa Signature?

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 16 of 1,522
Jazee
Regular Contributor

Regarding CLIs seems the consensus they are currently soft pulls. I requested on my Platinum after 100 days right after Visa Signature approval.  I locked my TU file to be safe.  No instance response so I assume it's probably a denial.  I never read anything about 181 days for CLI's until I saw it in the summary info on this new thread.  So new cards are 91 days (3 full statements) and CLIs on a new card are basically 6 statements?  I suppose with my file locked, no harm no foul for being premature on the Platinum CLI request and I'll just wait 3 more statements.

Message 17 of 1,522
Falcon9
Valued Member

Jazee, the FIRST chance to request a CLI on a new card is supposedly 91 days/three statements then goes to six months (statements?) for subsequent CLIs.

Message 18 of 1,522
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Falcon9 wrote:

Jazee, the FIRST chance to request a CLI on a new card is supposedly 91 days/three statements then goes to six months (statements?) for subsequent CLIs.

There's no "supposedly" to it. 38E4B3F9-7C36-4E0D-945D-908C4E005BD2.jpeg

028067E0-6E12-43FC-B7B9-7205FEC61994.jpeg

Message 19 of 1,522
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@collics wrote:

Question: What's the difference, or benefit, of the Cash Rewards being Visa Signature?

@collics..Usually the big one is; being able to charge over your CL within a monthly statement cycle.

Message 20 of 1,522
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.