cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

@Jazee wrote:

Regarding CLIs seems the consensus they are currently soft pulls. I requested on my Platinum after 100 days right after Visa Signature approval.  I locked my TU file to be safe.  No instance response so I assume it's probably a denial.  I never read anything about 181 days for CLI's until I saw it in the summary info on this new thread.  So new cards are 91 days (3 full statements) and CLIs on a new card are basically 6 statements?  I suppose with my file locked, no harm no foul for being premature on the Platinum CLI request and I'll just wait 3 more statements.

@Jazee, If you ask to early, you do not have to wait another 91/3. Only the original 91/3.

You can chat with an agent/or secure message ..even call to find out your 91/3.

Just do not ask for a CLI over the phone with a CSR.

Good Luck!

Message 21 of 1,522
bustout
New Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

@Brian_Earl_Spilner

Thank you for this thread and putting so many of the most commonly asked questions at the beginning. I recommend all newer members start witht he first post.

Message 22 of 1,522
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone. I'm not sure if this is where I should ask this so please feel free to move if needed. 

Ok so I'm been in serious rebuild mode since Oct 2020. In February I got a NCFU secured card. My 3/91 is coming up on 6/11. I'd like to get the NCFU AMEX as my spending habits fit that the best. My secured will also graduate to the next best fit. 

My question is this. Is there any difference in the criteria for the AMEX?? Or are all cards more or less the same? 

My TU9 is 629 My EQ9 is 670 my utility is at 19% 

Any and all advice is more than welcome.  

Thanks in advance.  

You guys are all great people.  Be proud of yourselves.  

Message 23 of 1,522
BigBS
Senior Contributor

At the beginning of April I sent a secure message requesting to moving portions of my cashRewards CL to my Flagship CL and while it took about a week to do NFCU did it without issue. Last week I tried to do the same thing as I realized I would likely use my Flagship card more and received this response today:

Navy Federal Response 05/27/2021 :

Unfortunately, we are not able to process your request at this time. We are unable to  move the credit limit on a Navy Federal credit card account to an existing account.  
We regret that we are unable to offer a more favorable reply. Should you have any further questions, please let us know.
Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 24 of 1,522
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@BigBS wrote:

At the beginning of April I sent a secure message requesting to moving portions of my cashRewards CL to my Flagship CL and while it took about a week to do NFCU did it without issue. Last week I tried to do the same thing as I realized I would likely use my Flagship card more and received this response today:

Unfortunately, we are not able to process your request at this time. We are unable to  move the credit limit on a Navy Federal credit card account to an existing account.  
We regret that we are unable to offer a more favorable reply. Should you have any further questions, please let us know.

Once you move part of your CL to another card, both cards won't be eligible again for 6 months. 

It's pretty much like a CLI.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 25 of 1,522
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone. I'm not sure if this is where I should ask this so please feel free to move if needed. 

Ok so I'm been in serious rebuild mode since Oct 2020. In February I got a NCFU secured card. My 3/91 is coming up on 6/11. I'd like to get the NCFU AMEX as my spending habits fit that the best. My secured will also graduate to the next best fit. 

My question is this. Is there any difference in the criteria for the AMEX?? Or are all cards more or less the same? 

My TU9 is 629 My EQ9 is 670 my utility is at 19% 

Any and all advice is more than welcome.  

Thanks in advance.  

You guys are all great people.  Be proud of yourselves.  

The Flagship is the only card with a more stringent approval criteria.

You need to qualify for a 5K SL.

Although, we had a member recently who was approved with a 2.5K SL, screenshot included. 

That's the only time I've heard of that.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 26 of 1,522
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

Once you move part of your CL to another card, both cards won't be eligible again for 6 months. 

It's pretty much like a CLI.

Thanks for that response. Guess I will try again in about 4 months.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 27 of 1,522
Jazee
Regular Contributor

@M_Smart007 I think I just confused the wording in the summary post of this thread:

- First CLI can be requested after 3 full statements and 91 days have passed. Due to recent delays in processing, it's now recommended to wait at least 95 days

- 181 days between CLIs if approved

This was my first CLI request on the Platinum.  I misunderstood the 181 days figure, that's how much longer you need to wait for subsequent CLI's after the first it sounds like.

Still typically I thought online CLI request you get an instant response if it's an approval. (As with other CLI and apps with other cards) and if no instant approval, either they will be requesting more info or a denial letter shows up.  Considering they just approved me for a $25K Visa Signature Flagship a couple days before, I'm pretty sure I'm maxed on for now on the total available revolving credit NFCU wants to extend me.  Which is fine.  I need nowhere near that $25K on the Visa Signature even if occasionally I don't pay off my bill in full.

Message 28 of 1,522
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Jazee wrote:

@M_Smart007 I think I just confused the wording in the summary post of this thread:

- First CLI can be requested after 3 full statements and 91 days have passed. Due to recent delays in processing, it's now recommended to wait at least 95 days

- 181 days between CLIs if approved

This was my first CLI request on the Platinum.  I misunderstood the 181 days figure, that's how much longer you need to wait for subsequent CLI's after the first it sounds like.

Still typically I thought online CLI request you get an instant response if it's an approval. (As with other CLI and apps with other cards) and if no instant approval, either they will be requesting more info or a denial letter shows up.  Considering they just approved me for a $25K Visa Signature Flagship a couple days before, I'm pretty sure I'm maxed on for now on the total available revolving credit NFCU wants to extend me.  Which is fine.  I need nowhere near that $25K on the Visa Signature even if occasionally I don't pay off my bill in full.

Most online cli requests are NOT  instant as most get viewed by LO. It might take a few days to see if one is approved. If no changes are seen  after a week or so expect a denial. 

Message 29 of 1,522
Jazee
Regular Contributor

Well I just did out of curiosity a check to see what PLOCs Credit Karma would pre-approve me for as it indicated they were soft pulls.  It triggered a sling of emails for several lenders saying I needed to unlock my TU profile.  So I guess I mistakenly assumed freezing your TU profile would allow a soft pull for a CLI request?  I'm surprised though I've gotten no email or phone call from NFCU saying they can't process my CLI request because they can't do a soft pull from TU?  However I swear I have seen several messages before about freezing your report before asking for CLI to make sure you don't get a hard pull.  But it looks like it prevents soft pulls too so how can you get a CLI approved from NFCU if you freeze your TU profile?

Message 30 of 1,522
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.