cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

@designated_knitter wrote:

For anyone wanting to know what thei 91st day would be, ask the google machine.

So you can say "03/07/2021 + 91 days" in the search bar and you'll get the following:

PNG image.png

This is useful for Comenity as well which is often on a 61 day schedule.

You can also use a spreadsheet that will calculate the date for you as well.

That being said, @Anonymous , expect a great result when you do apply since your usage across all accounts is what they like to see.  I would predict card number 2 with a SL of either 25k or 10k based on data points.  Either way, you're probably looking at at least 5 digits!  

Also, apply for your second card first.  THEN hit the Luv button for the CLI.  Common wisdom on these boards is that you get a better result that way in terms of SL on card number 2.

Hope this helps and good luck!  Day 90 is the hardest!

I wish there was a way I could physically shank your hand Smiley Happy thank you x1,000,000!!! 

so just to clairify! Even though it's been 91 days (March 7th-June 6th) =91 days I still should wait until my June stament which cuts June 22nd so officially I should apply for my second card FIRST on June 23rd and follow it with a CLI request, is my understanding correct? 

Message 81 of 1,522
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

@Anonymous wrote:

so just to clairify! Even though it's been 91 days (March 7th-June 6th) =91 days I still should wait until my June stament which cuts June 22nd so officially I should apply for my second card FIRST on June 23rd and follow it with a CLI request, is my understanding correct? 

Please don't shank my hand 🤣.  That sounds painful!

If it were me, I would apply tomorrow (actually just after midnight if you're a night owl like me) for card number 2.  I still think you would be approved based on my experience which is a sample size of one!  But others here favor a more cautious approach.

I applied for card number 3 just after midnight (so JUST BARELY 91 days) and was approved within the hour despite still short of 3 full statements.  

I'm having to wait until next Saturday for my CLI of my older card when my 3rd full statement cuts.

As everyone else has said, let us know what you decide to do.  Worst comes to worse and you get denied tomorrow stating the card is to new.  That one inquiry should not hurt your chances when your 3rd full statement posts.

You could possibly even recon after your 3 full statement posts on the grounds that the card is now pas the 91/3 requirement and potentially save yourself a second hard pull.

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 82 of 1,522
Anonymous
Not applicable

@designated_knitter wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Please don't shank my hand 🤣.  That sounds painful!

If it were me, I would apply tomorrow (actually just after midnight if you're a night owl like me) for card number 2.  I still think you would be approved based on my experience which is a sample size of one!  But others here favor a more cautious approach.

I applied for card number 3 just after midnight (so JUST BARELY 91 days) and was approved within the hour despite still short of 3 full statements.  

I'm having to wait until next Saturday for my CLI of my older card when my 3rd full statement cuts.

As everyone else has said, let us know what you decide to do.  Worst comes to worse and you get denied tomorrow stating the card is to new.  That one inquiry should not hurt your chances when your 3rd full statement posts.

You could possibly even recon after your 3 full statement posts on the grounds that the card is now pas the 91/3 requirement and potentially save yourself a second hard pull.

Awww wow!!! Tomorrow!! I do have a balance on my cash rewards card literally just waiting for it to post so I can pay it in full the day it post lol i always felt applying with a "clean slate" will only Aid things in your favor a $25k flagship card would bring me to my knees ive worked my bum off to be the "perfect navy child" since the day they approved me crossing my fingers it all pays off! But trust me I will let everyone know how it goes!! Suck I can't make a payment until it post sadly haha knowing me being the nervous Nancy I am I'd wait until June 23rd out of fear hahahaha  

Thank you for your help! For sure! 

Message 83 of 1,522
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi team, quick question today I got an auto CLI from 4500 to 6000 even though I opened my 1st CC account March 30th. Statement closed on April 4 can I still request a CLI after my 3rd closing statement after I request a new card. Joined NFCU Feb 2/2021

Message 84 of 1,522
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi team, quick question today I got an auto CLI from 4500 to 6000 even though I opened my 1st CC account March 30th. Statement closed on April 4 can I still request a CLI after my 3rd closing statement after I request a new card. Joined NFCU Feb 2/2021

That's very interesting you received a CLI that soon, right on to that.

Once you receive a CLI, whether you requested or you receive an auto CLI, you'll need to wait 181 days to request your next one.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 85 of 1,522
Anonymous
Not applicable

So what's the confidence level that applying for a 2nd CC before the 3rd full statement cuts? 

I'm 5 days out from my 3rd cutting but I'd like to attempt it today if there's a chance.  

Any educated guesses?

Message 86 of 1,522
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm honestly not sure yet, thinking about waiting for my 95 days but I dont know if I need to or not. If people say I dont need to then ill pull the triger on the request. 

Message 87 of 1,522
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm honestly not sure yet, thinking about waiting for my 95 days but I dont know if I need to or not. If people say I dont need to then ill pull the triger on the request. 

I'm 95 days. I'm just not at 3 statements until Friday.  I think I'm going to pull the trigger today. What's the worst that can happen? They say no and I try again in 5 days? 

Message 88 of 1,522
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me know what happens and how much of a limit they give you. Plus your limit on your current card. 

Message 89 of 1,522
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Let me know what happens and how much of a limit they give you. Plus your limit on your current card. 

I'll post all the data points in a bit. After I apply for the card so I can put it all in a single post 

Message 90 of 1,522
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.