cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

tag
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

@Anonymous wrote:

@USMC_Winger wrote:

@designated_knitter wrote:

@USMC_Winger wrote:

• nRewards Approved 12/2.  
    • First statement was 12/19 (partial-- only 17 days).  
    • 2nd statement was 1/19 (first full statement) 
    • 3rd statement was 2/19 (second full statement)
    • March 4:  Applied and Approved for platinum with 6900 SL
  • Platinum Approved 3/4
    • 1st statement was 3/9 (partial -- only 5 days)
    • 2nd statement was 4/9 -- full statement 
    • 3rd statement was 5/9 -- full statement 
    • June 3rd (today but applied just after midnight). :  Applied and approved for GoRewards with 15k starting limit.

NOW, One thing that may have "counted" was that I also had a car loan that was opened on December 1st... a day before the nRewards.  

MAYBE I was able to circumvent the 3 full statements on my credit cards because it was counting statements for both the loan and the credit cards.  So while I only had 2 full statements on the credit card prior to the next approval, perhaps the UWs looked at it as 4 Full Statements:  2 for the cc and 2 for the loan.

Sooooo, that could be a case of YMMV.  🧐

ETA:  I just requested a CLI on my platinum which is at 92 days.  My 3rd full statement cuts on 6/9... so we'll see if I get shot down for being too soon.

It appears Navy Fed is going by the date of approval of your first credit account, the auto loan, for the 91/3 rule.  I don't know your auto loan report date, but 3 entire months passed between the approval date of the auto loan and the approval date of the Platinum CC, and that seems to be 3 full statements.  March 4th was 93 days after the approval date of the auto loan.

Please let us know how your CLI goes.  Good luck!

@USMC_Winger Actually, I didn't have 3 full statements for the car loan either at the time I was approved for the second card.  The car loan statement cut 2 days after I was approved for the car loan.  So across all my credit lines at the time of approval of the 2nd card, I had 4 full statements between the loan and the cc.

@designated_knitter, Did your auto loan statement date change from the 3rd of every month?  If it didn't, then I count 3 full billing cycles before Mar. 4, 2021, when you applied for your 2nd Navy Fed CC:

Dec. 1, 2020 to Dec. 3, 2020 -- Auto loan approval to 1st statement date <-- short billing cycle

Dec. 3, 2020 to Jan. 2, 2021 -- Auto loan 2nd billing cycle <-- full billing cycle

Jan. 3, 2021 to Feb. 2, 2021 -- Auto loan 3rd billing cycle <-- full billing cycle

Feb. 3, 2021 to Mar. 2, 2021 -- Auto loan 4th billing cycle <-- full billing cycle

So I still think for approvals of a new credit card, that the 3 full statements could be a combination of loans and credit cards.   

NOW, regarding CLIs, it appears that my request was a now go... I haven't gotten a letter but my 3rd full statement for the card in question doesn't cut for another week.  So @Brian_Earl_Spilner  suggestion of having a loan with 3 full statements and then asking for a CLI a month after being approved for a cc would not work.  CLIs definitely seem to be 91 days and 3 full statements...

Sorry to hear about the denial for the CLI.  But the good news is that you can request the CLI again on Wednesday, after your statement cuts.  Good luck again!

This is consistent with my nRewards graduation eligibility,  I just had my 6th statement but the first was a partial statement.  So the earliest I can graduate is June 25th when my 6th statement cuts even though it will be 3 weeks past the 6th month of having the card.

Start looking for your nRewards card's CL to increase to $2,000 on June 21st if your current CL is less than that.  That's the first sign you're graduating, at least that's what happened with mine.  Then your nRewards card will change to cashRewards on your list of "Loans & Credit" accounts in the next day or so.  A few days later, Navy Fed will release the hold on your secure deposit in your share savings account.  Good luck on your graduation, too!

So wait.. the 91/3 rule applies to new not only the opening of a CC but also a loan?? That's horrible news for me I wish I would've know that before I took out a personal loan!! My 91 days is up tomorrow.. but I opened a personal loan a month after opening my credit card so I need to wait an additional month your saying before I can get a CLI and my second card?

Your 91/3 on your CC doesn't reset because you took out a PL. You'll still be fine. 

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 101 of 1,522
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

@designated_knitter, Did your auto loan statement date change from the 3rd of every month?  If it didn't, then I count 3 full billing cycles before Mar. 4, 2021, when you applied for your 2nd Navy Fed CC:

Dec. 1, 2020 to Dec. 3, 2020 -- Auto loan approval to 1st statement date <-- short billing cycle

Dec. 3, 2020 to Jan. 2, 2021 -- Auto loan 2nd billing cycle <-- full billing cycle

Jan. 3, 2021 to Feb. 2, 2021 -- Auto loan 3rd billing cycle <-- full billing cycle

Feb. 3, 2021 to Mar. 2, 2021 -- Auto loan 4th billing cycle <-- full billing cycle

So I still think for approvals of a new credit card, that the 3 full statements could be a combination of loans and credit cards.   

Sorry to hear about the denial for the CLI.  But the good news is that you can request the CLI again on Wednesday, after your statement cuts.  Good luck again!

This is consistent with my nRewards graduation eligibility,  I just had my 6th statement but the first was a partial statement.  So the earliest I can graduate is June 25th when my 6th statement cuts even though it will be 3 weeks past the 6th month of having the card.

Start looking for your nRewards card's CL to increase to $2,000 on June 21st if your current CL is less than that.  That's the first sign you're graduating, at least that's what happened with mine.  Then your nRewards card will change to cashRewards on your list of "Loans & Credit" accounts in the next day or so.  A few days later, Navy Fed will release the hold on your secure deposit in your share savings account.  Good luck on your graduation, too!

@USMC_Winger  i just checked to be sure I was correct.  

My first car loan statement cut on January 8.  So I had only had 2 full car loan statements (January 8 and February 8) and 2 full nRewards statements (January 25 and February 25) at the time of my 2nd card approval.

Thanks for the information on the nRewards graduation process... I could really use that 800 bucks back just before going on vacation.

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 102 of 1,522
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your 91/3 on your CC doesn't reset because you took out a PL. You'll still be fine. 

Oh oh thank goodness haha I would go nuts waiting another month and a half to see if navy fed open their floodgates to me lol ok so my personal loan I took out shouldn't affect my CLI and second card tomorrow

Message 103 of 1,522
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh oh thank goodness haha I would go nuts waiting another month and a half to see if navy fed open their floodgates to me lol ok so my personal loan I took out shouldn't affect my CLI and second card tomorrow

Regarding 91/3 the PL won't affect you applying for a 2nd card and CLI.

Make sure to app for the card first and then the CLI.

If you app the CLI first, you run the risk of a lower limit on 2nd card or possibly of a denial for hitting the maximum unsecured they're willing to give.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 104 of 1,522
USMC_Winger
Frequent Contributor

@USMC_Winger  i just checked to be sure I was correct.  

My first car loan statement cut on January 8.  So I had only had 2 full car loan statements (January 8 and February 8) and 2 full nRewards statements (January 25 and February 25) at the time of my 2nd card approval.

Thanks for the clarification.  Definitely not 3 full billing cycles on either credit account as of Mar. 4th, but more than 3 full billing cycles when combined across the two credit accounts, as you posted earlier.

Thanks for the information on the nRewards graduation process... I could really use that 800 bucks back just before going on vacation.

@designated_knitter, Since your nRewards card's statement date is the 25th, not the 19th on your original post, I need to revise the date for when you should start looking for the CLI to $2,000 when your nRewards card starts the graduation process.  Start looking for your CLI on June 27th, two days after your 6th full statement date, and then look for your secured deposit to be released about 3 days later, on the 30th.  Sorry for any confusion and super sorry if your vacation starts before your $800 is released.

I hope you enjoy your vacation and your graduation!

FICOs:

Message 105 of 1,522
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well my friend I applied this morning for the more rewards. Denied. I reconned and just got the decision.  

DENIED on manual review.  Reasons were based on my TU report. Nothing about 3 statements.  

I'm at a loss right now. So many success stories. 

Good luck to everyone.  

Message 106 of 1,522
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well my friend I applied this morning for the more rewards. Denied. I reconned and just got the decision.  

DENIED on manual review.  Reasons were based on my TU report. Nothing about 3 statements.  

I'm at a loss right now. So many success stories. 

Good luck to everyone.  

Wow!! That's a bummer! Don't let it get the best of you!!  

what exactly is on your TU report? Knowing what needs to be fixed is a step in the right direction! 

Message 107 of 1,522
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 baddies from over 5 years ago. 0 lates in 5 years. TU fico 9 629 EQ 9 688

3 Paid CO'S that's it. From 2015 no collections. 

Message 108 of 1,522
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous I'm really sorry!  Do you have any other products with them?  CD? SSL? Direct deposit?  CLOC?

As has been said so many other time, Navy is all about the relationship and how much business you do with them.

The other thing is why is you TU score so much lower than EQ.  While my TU is not stellar, it is about 20 points higher and I think I read where the range or approvals with Navy starts in the 64-650 range.

Good luck!

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 109 of 1,522
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous I'm really sorry!  Do you have any other products with them?  CD? SSL? Direct deposit?  CLOC?

As has been said so many other time, Navy is all about the relationship and how much business you do with them.

The other thing is why is you TU score so much lower than EQ.  While my TU is not stellar, it is about 20 points higher and I think I read where the range or approvals with Navy starts in the 64-650 range.

Good luck!

I have a Nrewards never have a balance.  I have 2 grand in deposits. 

I wish I knew why my TU is lower. They report the exact same things. 

Message 110 of 1,522
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.