cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

designated_knitter
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products


@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@designated_knitter wrote:

Well, they did the hard pull and it was denied because it was too soon.  I would still try to recon on the grounds that it is no longer too early.  

Nothing ventured, nothing gained... except, perhaps saving a hard pull and coming up with more data for everyone... which is what this board is about.

 

Has this been tried before and has it been established as biblical canon that it wouldn't work?  

It seems like there are all these rules that people treat as if they are set in stone.  But, at least in my case and @Philadelphia 's case, we broke through one of them (thou shalt not be approved before the 3rd full statement.)


They never said there was a hard pull. Only that they applied for a CLI and it was denied. Since CLIs are currently soft pulls there's no need to make it bigger than it is. They simply have to wait a couple of days and try again 


I definitely need my seeing eye children.  I read this completely wrong!  I thought they had applied for a new card too early and was denied!

 

Feel quite stooopid now!

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 131 of 151
FrankTheTank13
Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

My last credit limit increase for my card was in January of this year.  My card did get a high balance recently but I just paid it all off. When is a good time to ask for another CLI on the card? This is a platinum visa. My current CL is $2,000. 

Message 132 of 151
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products


@FrankTheTank13 wrote:

My last credit limit increase for my card was in January of this year.  My card did get a high balance recently but I just paid it all off. When is a good time to ask for another CLI on the card? This is a platinum visa. My current CL is $2,000. 


You need 181 days in between your last CLI. Most people will wait 183-185 days just to be safe. If you ask too soon, you'll be denied.

 

NFCU More Rewards 24K CL
AODFCU Visa Signature 5K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 4K CL
Discover IT 1.5K CL
Cap1 Quicksilver 600 CL
NFCU auto loan
Message 133 of 151
TimFlorida
Member

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

2 CLIs within 30 days.

On my 5/18/2021 statement I received a 4k auto CLI on my GoRewards from 17k to 21k.

 

I hadn't seen any luv on my Flagship since November of 2019 so a couple weeks later I sent an online CLI request to have Flagship raised from $15,100 to $20,000.  It took about 4 days and I was given 4k taking it to $19,100.

Received letter last week saying I had reached Max exposure.  Is that just on that card or does that mean I would not qualify for a 3rd card later this year?

EQ9 779

Message 134 of 151
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products


@TimFlorida wrote:

2 CLIs within 30 days.

On my 5/18/2021 statement I received a 4k auto CLI on my GoRewards from 17k to 21k.

 

I hadn't seen any luv on my Flagship since November of 2019 so a couple weeks later I sent an online CLI request to have Flagship raised from $15,100 to $20,000.  It took about 4 days and I was given 4k taking it to $19,100.

Received letter last week saying I had reached Max exposure.  Is that just on that card or does that mean I would not qualify for a 3rd card later this year?

EQ9 779


Max unsecured exposure letter means as a whole. As of right now, you're at the max Navy is willing to lend you. From past DP's, the max unsecured can change after a few months. 

So, if you're looking to app later this year, it's certainly possible to be approved.

NFCU More Rewards 24K CL
AODFCU Visa Signature 5K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 4K CL
Discover IT 1.5K CL
Cap1 Quicksilver 600 CL
NFCU auto loan
Message 135 of 151
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

got my 4k increase last night on one card. Waiting to see about my second card as it should be eligible as well



FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 5/2021

FICO 8 - 5/2021

FICO 9 - 5/2021


Message 136 of 151
Saeren
Mega Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

Got my increase. Quite frankly was expecting a denial. 

1F6A1DC1-E1E9-4D2A-90AF-CFE95A9AD335.png

 

This puts me up to $32K in unsecured credit with NFCU - $12,500 cashRewards, $19,000 Platinum, $500 CLOC (I wish this would grow but it serves its purpose I guess). 

I probably shouldn't have done this because I wanted to get my third card later this year. My exposure with NFCU is now almost 170% of my annual income 😅 





Message 137 of 151
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products


@designated_knitter wrote:

Well, they did the hard pull and it was denied because it was too soon.  I would still try to recon on the grounds that it is no longer too early.  

Nothing ventured, nothing gained... except, perhaps saving a hard pull and coming up with more data for everyone... which is what this board is about.

 

Has this been tried before and has it been established as biblical canon that it wouldn't work?  

It seems like there are all these rules that people treat as if they are set in stone.  But, at least in my case and @Philadelphia 's case, we broke through one of them (thou shalt not be approved before the 3rd full statement.)


They didn't do a hard pull. Did a SP and I got the letter about a week letter. 

My credit card journey started 3/2018


Hover over cards to see limits and usage.
Total CL - $225,950
Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 6/1/21- $6336.35

CU Memberships

Goal Cards:


Message 138 of 151
Crshtheshrts
Established Member

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

Hi MOJO my friend.  I just wanted to give you an update.  Even though I was denied for the more rewards they did give me the auto CLI on my Nrewards last night. I woke up to a 600 dollar limit from the 200 so even though my journey isn't going as fast as others seem to, it's still going.  

 

Next stop 3 more statements and hopefully graduation.  I'll wait until then and probably apply again for the More Rewards. Especially If I do graduate after the 6th statement cuts. 

 

Thanks for all your help and support.  

 

Thanks to all of you. 

Message 139 of 151
Crshtheshrts
Established Member

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

Ok added data point.  I received the denial letter today and my internal score is 254 which is at least on par with or slightly above many scores from people on these forums that have been approved and with decent starting limits. 

 

Have a great Saturday everyone.  

Message 140 of 151
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.