cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

Navy cli of 6k on my flagship card bringing it up to 36.5k ! 

Message 791 of 1,522
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

@Anonymous wrote:

Navy cli of 6k on my flagship card bringing it up to 36.5k ! 

Congratulations!!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 792 of 1,522
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received the Navy 8k increase today on my More Rewards card bringing it from 9k to 17k.

I didn't think I was approved for the increase because it wasn't showing as available credit on my account until 75 hours after I asked (asked on a Wed, finally showing on a Sat, and I checked every 2 hours). Asked on the app, SP

Message 793 of 1,522
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Received the Navy 8k increase today on my More Rewards card bringing it from 9k to 17k.

I didn't think I was approved for the increase because it wasn't showing as available credit on my account until 75 hours after I asked (asked on a Wed, finally showing on a Sat, and I checked every 2 hours). Asked on the app, SP

Awesome!! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 794 of 1,522
FLLGuy
Frequent Contributor

@FLLGuy wrote:

Relationship: 3yrs+ small deposits and last 6mos full employment deposits (never burned or IIB)

Credit Card(s): Secured $200 opened July 2021

Scores F8: EQ 683 - TU 668 - EX 673

Scores F9: EQ 705 - TU 685 - EX 691

Statements: 3

Auto CLI: $400 -> total @ $600

This was a nice little gift from NFCU without extra deposit taken nice litle auto CLI. 

Quick Update: As of 1/10/2022 (As expected dependent on your credit profile and NFCU's view):

Today NFCU Secured graduated to $2,000
    - July 2021  Started w/$200 secured deposit
    - Oct 2021  Auto CLI of $400 total CL of $600 (no extra monies taken from my account).
    - Jan 2022  Secured card graduated with new CL of $2,000 (deposit will be returned, new card arriving, now earn 1.75 cashback)

Message 795 of 1,522
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@FLLGuy wrote:

@FLLGuy wrote:

Relationship: 3yrs+ small deposits and last 6mos full employment deposits (never burned or IIB)

Credit Card(s): Secured $200 opened July 2021

Scores F8: EQ 683 - TU 668 - EX 673

Scores F9: EQ 705 - TU 685 - EX 691

Statements: 3

Auto CLI: $400 -> total @ $600

This was a nice little gift from NFCU without extra deposit taken nice litle auto CLI. 

Quick Update: As of 1/10/2022 (As expected dependent on your credit profile and NFCU's view):

Today NFCU Secured graduated to $2,000
    - July 2021  Started w/$200 secured deposit
    - Oct 2021  Auto CLI of $400 total CL of $600 (no extra monies taken from my account).
    - Jan 2022  Secured card graduated with new CL of $2,000 (deposit will be returned, new card arriving, now earn 1.75 cashback)

Congratulations!! That's a nice SL jump from your previous secured limit! 😃

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 796 of 1,522
SmileNWave
Contributor

Would I qualify if I was a former employee of a DoD contractor (Veteran's Affairs)?

Message 797 of 1,522
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@SmileNWave wrote:

Would I qualify if I was a former employee of a DoD contractor (Veteran's Affairs)?

I'm not sure if that will work @SmileNWave abut there are many indirect ways to qualify.
See THIS THREAD for more details. Good luck. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 798 of 1,522
SmileNWave
Contributor

Update for other's on the fence about applying to have an account with NFCU: It worked! Now, to garden a relationship with them so that they'll hopefully throw me a bone with a CC offer.

Message 799 of 1,522
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@SmileNWave wrote:

Update for other's on the fence about applying to have an account with NFCU: It worked! Now, to garden a relationship with them so that they'll hopefully throw me a bone with a CC offer.

Typically you have to be a current employee, or at least that's how I interpret it:

• DoD contractors assigned to U.S. Government installations

But of course for your sake I truly hope it works out. Smiley Happy

To add on to the thread: DGF got a $3k CLI on her Platinum! Card is 11 months old, she did put some spend through it. Scores in the 670-680s FICO8s. And I got an APR reduction from 16.99 to 14.99 after 1 year on my More Rewards. Smiley Very Happy

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 800 of 1,522
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.