cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

tag
Gsauce806

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

Ty thats exactly what im thinking

Message 1081 of 1,522
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

@Andy77 wrote:

How long should I wait when I get declined by Navy for CLI when the reason stated is, "you have reached Navy's maximum unsecured limit" ?

I was thinking a minimum of three months and within that time pay down or off more Navy debt.

What do you all think ?

@Andy77 I once asked for a limit increase on my More Rewards card and got increased $8000 and then 3 days later I applied for the Flagship Card and I got denied for reaching the maximum unsecured limit.  I waited 3 months and applied for the Flagship again and I got approved. So perhaps, if you are not in a rush or don't need the limit increase sooner, waiting 3 months may work for you also.  Best wishes to you whenever you do decide to ask again!

Message 1082 of 1,522
Gsauce806

ill be patient ,im good with other cards and im glad im finally in with navy well will go from here and ill keep you guys posted

Message 1083 of 1,522
Binbinimiwi
Frequent Contributor

So, brave me decided to just stop by my local NFCU to inquire about the cards in person (still several months away from actually applying). I am wavering back and forth between the GoRewards or Flagship and the CSP and trying to make up my mind before Sept gets here. I'd prefer the Flagship, but understand that they typically don't approve for it on the first try.

Anyhoo, I roll into the parking lot grinning from ear to ear at the pretty new building and thought to myself, well take your time because there were about 8 or 9 cars in the lot in front. So, I park on the side of the bank, check messages on my phone and reply to a few as I'm in no hurry. Once I'm done; lipstick check, hair check, turn off engine, unbuckle and then grab my big ole purse and hop out the car. With more happy pep in my step than Dora the Explorer, I saunter around the corner and realized every single car is GONE!! So, I keep walking thinking "wow, I'm going to have the whole branch to myself and get some great customer service!".  I get to the door and to my great disappointment, the branch wasn't open! There's a note on the door saying the branch wouldn't be open until 2023!!! I guess all those cars were employees doing training and whatnot.

So, so, sad ... nothing to report except disappointment!! LMBO! Smiley LOL Guess my app will be virtual after all if I end up applying. 

>>
FICO8 Scores as of JAN 2021:

FICO8 Scores as of JULY 2023:

FICO9 Scores as of July 2023:

Message 1084 of 1,522
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@Binbinimiwi wrote:

So, brave me decided to just stop by my local NFCU to inquire about the cards in person (still several months away from actually applying). I am wavering back and forth between the GoRewards or Flagship and the CSP and trying to make up my mind before Sept gets here. I'd prefer the Flagship, but understand that they typically don't approve for it on the first try.

Anyhoo, I roll into the parking lot grinning from ear to ear at the pretty new building and thought to myself, well take your time because there were about 8 or 9 cars in the lot in front. So, I park on the side of the bank, check messages on my phone and reply to a few as I'm in no hurry. Once I'm done; lipstick check, hair check, turn off engine, unbuckle and then grab my big ole purse and hop out the car. With more happy pep in my step than Dora the Explorer, I saunter around the corner and realized every single car is GONE!! So, I keep walking thinking "wow, I'm going to have the whole branch to myself and get some great customer service!".  I get to the door and to my great disappointment, the branch wasn't open! There's a note on the door saying the branch wouldn't be open until 2023!!! I guess all those cars were employees doing training and whatnot.

So, so, sad ... nothing to report except disappointment!! LMBO! Smiley LOL Guess my app will be virtual after all if I end up applying. 

@Binbinimiwi  Oh nooooooooo! Sorry to hear this happened to you.😔 This story was entertaining though, had me on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happened next!😂

Message 1085 of 1,522
Binbinimiwi
Frequent Contributor

@Jordan23ww  Glad you were entertained! That's my life, a source of laughter for me and anyone watching! And if you can't tell, I was darn near being extra giddy when I saw the parking lot had emptied! I thought I was going to go inside and have a nice informative chat with them about the cards and hopefully see if they would give me some info on the credit approval, difficulty of getting the Flagship, etc. Anyway, I know all of this info is in this thread, but you never know if things have changed. Sooooo, guess I'm waiting until 2023 for that branch visit Smiley LOL

>>

Message 1086 of 1,522
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Binbinimiwi wrote:

@Jordan23ww  Glad you were entertained! That's my life, a source of laughter for me and anyone watching! And if you can't tell, I was darn near being extra giddy when I saw the parking lot had emptied! I thought I was going to go inside and have a nice informative chat with them about the cards and hopefully see if they would give me some info on the credit approval, difficulty of getting the Flagship, etc. Anyway, I know all of this info is in this thread, but you never know if things have changed. Sooooo, guess I'm waiting until 2023 for that branch visit Smiley LOL

Will add that I highly doubt the CSRs in branch are trained any different than the phone reps in at least Navy procedures etc. Remember these people, wonderful though they are, are not UnderwritersSmiley Wink. Just food for thought....

Message 1087 of 1,522
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@Binbinimiwi wrote:

@Binbinimiwi Smiley LOL Hopefully time flies by for you!  You may find that it won't be necessary to wait that long. Perhaps you can start your journey now with a different card and then get the Flagship in about 4 months. Best wishes to you whenever you do decide to apply! 

Message 1088 of 1,522
Binbinimiwi
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit thanks for the heads up. I imagined that to be the case, but was also interested in seeing if anything had changed recently and also just wanted to go into my local branch for a look-see and meet & greet Smiley Happy

>>

Message 1089 of 1,522
Binbinimiwi
Frequent Contributor

@Jordan23ww  Thank you! I'm leaning towards the CSP more than the Flagship right now, but I also think I would get better customer service from NFCU. I'm a sucker for great customer service. I'm very hesitant of applying for cards that I don't want or need just to reach the goal of a card I want, which is why I haven't considered any other NFCU cards. The flagship meets my travel needs and once I get a travel card, I am only in need of 1 more card to complete my desired list of cards; a flat cash back card. I did get advice from someone to have 2 travel cards because it's important to have a backup, so I'm considering that advice, but haven't decided it's the path I will take.

>>

Message 1090 of 1,522
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.