cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

tag
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

@Space_Daddy wrote:

Thanks for letting me know. My automatic CLI have me an extra $2000 (from $9000 --> $11,000) but I'm guessing that I'd get a bigger increase if I requested it myself.

You can avoid that situation in the future by calling Navy fed and asking them to disable the automatic cli's on that card. Many of us have done it, i did it on both my cards with them.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 1371 of 1,522
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@Space_Daddy wrote:

Thanks for letting me know. My automatic CLI have me an extra $2000 (from $9000 --> $11,000) but I'm guessing that I'd get a bigger increase if I requested it myself.

You can avoid that situation in the future by calling Navy fed and asking them to disable the automatic cli's on that card. Many of us have done it, i did it on both my cards with them.

You can also do it through "secure message"

Message 1372 of 1,522
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@dytch2220 wrote:

CREDIT CARDS

- Pulls TU9

Does anyone know if this would be the FICO Score 9 or the FICO Bankcard Score 9?

Regular score 9.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 1373 of 1,522
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

My rewards cash went from $14400-$22400, the usual $8K increase in that seems to be the norm. I had asked for $25K total limit because might as well. My last CLI was 5/6/22. I'm done asking for CLIs on this card, I think. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 1374 of 1,522
Falcon9
Valued Member

I just called and had the automatic CLI option disabled for my two cards.  A year or two ago I did get an automatic CLI that was perhaps half of the norm at that time.

Message 1375 of 1,522
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

I asked for another $8K limit increase today on my Flagship via the app and it was instantly approved! It's been 188 days since my last increase.  

This card started out at $5200 in August 2020! Love how they let it grow! With max exposure for Navy being set at $80K on the personal side, I'm almost maxed out now. My More Rewards is at $40K and the Flagship is now at $37,200. I guess in 6 months I'll see if Navy will let me get the last $2800!😂

3FA55494-8D29-47E7-AA94-30A24A7460B6.jpeg

Message 1376 of 1,522
RASULL12
Contributor

6 months ago I did a reallocation of my credit limits among my 3 NFCU cards and didn't have an issue. I just recently decided I would like to adjusty limits again so that my platinum card has a $50k limit. I put a request in to move the $10k from my more rewards card to the platinum card in order to complete a balance transfer. About a day later I got a message back saying that it is against their current policy.  So I sent another request instead of responding the the message and about 7 hours later, my request was approved.  So I guess they are still doing reallocations but only certain customer service reps will actually do it. 

Message 1377 of 1,522
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@RASULL12 wrote:

6 months ago I did a reallocation of my credit limits among my 3 NFCU cards and didn't have an issue. I just recently decided I would like to adjusty limits again so that my platinum card has a $50k limit. I put a request in to move the $10k from my more rewards card to the platinum card in order to complete a balance transfer. About a day later I got a message back saying that it is against their current policy.  So I sent another request instead of responding the the message and about 7 hours later, my request was approved.  So I guess they are still doing reallocations but only certain customer service reps will actually do it. 

I think you got very lucky, as the first rep was right - it's been their policy for a while now (longer than 6 months, even) that reallocation is only done when doing a BT. So I think you were lucky the first time around too.

Penfed Gold Visa Card

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 1378 of 1,522
FLLGuy
Frequent Contributor

Contributing Topic: More Rewards CLI @ 91 days

Opened More Rewards 3mos ago (my 2nd card w/NFCU) started with a low $2500 CL exactly 91 days ago asked for $10K knowing very well i wouldn't get it but had to test.  Nontheless, I received 3x CL to summarize $5000 CLI for total of $7,500 CL.  Not bad considering BK13 discharged 17mos ago.   I've already marked my calendar for $8K increase in 161 days.

Message 1379 of 1,522
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@FLLGuy wrote:

Contributing Topic: More Rewards CLI @ 91 days

Opened More Rewards 3mos ago (my 2nd card w/NFCU) started with a low $2500 CL exactly 91 days ago asked for $10K knowing very well i wouldn't get it but had to test.  Nontheless, I received 3x CL to summarize $5000 CLI for total of $7,500 CL.  Not bad considering BK13 discharged 17mos ago.   I've already marked my calendar for $8K increase in 161 days.

Congrats and thanks for confirming the 3x CLI on CLs under $4k.

Penfed Gold Visa Card

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 1380 of 1,522
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.