cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

tag
MarkintheHV
Frequent Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

Credit line move datapoint:

I called and asked to have 20k moved from MC to Flagship. I explained to the lady that took my call, that right now, I put my monthly spend on Amex since the CL on my Flagship would not let me put those charges on and stay under 25%. She put everything into the request and told me I would receive a phone call once they made a decision. Next morning, phone call came in and they moved the 20k over to my Flagship for a total CL of 69k.

I was not comfortable telling them I needed to move the CL to make a balance transfer considering my current credit card balance is around $50 and always PIF each month.

All worked out well, I am pleased.

What's in my wallet?
NFCU Flagship - 80k | AmEx Delta Reserve - $70k | Citi AA Executive - $37k | AmEx Delta Reserve Biz - 60k
Message 1421 of 1,522
Janneman
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

Has anyone experienced/read anywhere if NFCU did (does) HP on EX for a new credit card application if EQ and TU were locked down??

Message 1422 of 1,522
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Janneman wrote:

Has anyone experienced/read anywhere if NFCU did (does) HP on EX for a new credit card application if EQ and TU were locked down??

The last time I noticed a post about someone applying with a CRA locked they got a message from NFCU they were unable to verify their credit report. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 1423 of 1,522
Janneman
Established Contributor

@Adkins wrote:

@Janneman wrote:

The last time I noticed a post about someone applying with a CRA locked they got a message from NFCU they were unable to verify their credit report. 

Thank you...

Message 1424 of 1,522
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Question,

I know you can request an interest reduction on your Navy cc after 1 year. Does the card have to have a zero balance to qualify for the IR ?

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 1425 of 1,522
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

Question,

I know you can request an interest reduction on your Navy cc after 1 year. Does the card have to have a zero balance to qualify for the IR ?

Nope. The one time they granted me a reduction it most definitely was NOT at zero balance. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 1426 of 1,522
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

Question,

Nope. The one time they granted me a reduction it most definitely was NOT at zero balance. 

Thanks Omar, 2 more questions.

Does the cli clock in any way affect interest reduction requests?

How old was your cc when navy granted the IR?

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 1427 of 1,522
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

Question,

Thanks Omar, 2 more questions.

Does the cli clock in any way affect interest reduction requests?

How old was your cc when navy granted the IR?

Nope, they're on separate timelines. APR reductions are every 12 months if granted. If you ask and they deny you, you can keep asking until they do approve. From the moment you're approved, the 12 month clock starts.

I'm not entirely sure, as I don't keep track of those as closely as I do CLI requests, but I want to say it was around 18 months. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 1428 of 1,522
jason1866

I did that in January, locked TU and EQ, they pulled EX and after 2 hours they approved me.

Message 1429 of 1,522
vbmom89
New Visitor

Hi all!

Tried to sort through this thread to avoid redundency, but could not figure out exactly how to search the thread individually. 

Product is NFCU Platinum, CL25K/BL14K - was 22K but paid about 7K to bring down down. Usually use for BTs to utilize the low APR (used to be 5.99 - now still the lowest but 10.24). Even with the hike, the rate is still lower than all other cards without promos so BTs will still be this card's purpose for the time being. 

I had an issue with trusted authorized users on other cards deciding not to pay (yeah yeah - my mistake), and so I do in fact need to utilize the my NFCU card for BTs and interest reduction once my promos are up on the other cards.

I cannot remember the last time I requested a CL, but thanks to the unexpected HU my EQ9 is a 678 and EQ9 bankcard score is a 669.

What is the best method for asking for a CLI and to get the highest amount? i.e. How much should be requested? Should I wait a certain amount of time since my most recent balloon payment? Also - is there risk to my APR by requesting CL? Honestly - this is my biggest concern - more so than being approved or denied.

Goal here is to get at least another 10K, but would love a more substantial hike.  Personal gross income has increased about 40K from when I applied for the card - but CS is obviously down, and also have a mortage payment plus the new higher UT of the other cards I need to BT from so DTI may be lower than before.

Thanks for any help that can be offered - let me know if more info about situation is needed - or even other advice to manage!

CARD BL/CL: BOA - 14.5K/16K   NFCU - 14K/25K  CITI - 7.5K/18K   DISC - 3K/25K   AMEX - 2K/27K   SAVOR - 1K/17K  CAP QS - 0K/8K  CHASE - 1K/11K  BARCL - 0K/8K

Message 1430 of 1,522
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.