cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

tag
Gsauce806

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

ty for the response i will patiently wait

Message 1061 of 1,526
Gsauce806

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

ty for your response its been since last september i had this card i got and i always pay down to 2 $   then pay then once reported 

so ill just wait any idea how long the process takes  ? you know wait ill just wait lol

Message 1062 of 1,526
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@Gsauce806 wrote:

ty for your response its been since last september i had this card i got and i always pay down to 2 $   then pay then once reported 

so ill just wait any idea how long the process takes  ? you know wait ill just wait lol

with me it was the next day but ymmv. it looks like they want more info. they will definitely contact you, just keep your eyes on your email and keep checking the messages on your account page, good luck

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 1063 of 1,526
Gsauce806

ty the guy who fix my credit put fraud alert because someone had my info

Message 1064 of 1,526
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Gsauce806 wrote:

ty the guy who fix my credit put fraud alert because someone had my info

Welcome to My Fico Forums, @Gsauce806, and good luck with your NFCU cashRewards application!  Smiley Happy

Here's a couple of tips for communicating more effectively in these threads.  We see this often with newer members, but not citing whom you are replying to (such as above) can become confusing as different members post into the conversation.  There are two main ways to take care of that, and I just illustrated them both above for you.  First, when you reply to a message, if you select the Reply button below that particular member's message, you can quickly "Quote" it in your response like I did above with yours.  There is a "Quote" button in the upper right side of the reply pane.  The second way would be to use the "@" sign to "tag" a member.  If you type "@" by itself, it opens up a dialogue box and offers selection of recent members who have posted in that thread.  Or, if you start typing, other forum members names will appear that match what you've typed. 

Again, welcome, and keep us informed of your application results! 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 1065 of 1,526
collics
Established Contributor

@collics wrote:

@collics wrote:

Hello everyone. I posted in the approvals section several days ago but wanted to add here.

I've had my MR since Jan '21 and CR since May '21. Been denied for CLI at every try w/ reason max unsecured limit they were willing to extend.

I'm certain I read somewhere on the forums they use EQ Fico 9 for CLI and it's been lagging behind for months at only 635.

It finally jumped with the May score refresh to 665. So I asked again and both were approved for the additional $3k I asked for. Prob left some money on the table but that's okay.

MR $5000>$8000

CR $15000>$18000

I was approved for the Platinum last month for only a $1000 limit (shoulda waited haha) but I want to do a BT and plan to move a few thousand from the CR. I sent a msg and they advsd I needed to wait a little while longer as the CR hasn't hit 1 year old yet. I'll update on how that goes after May 15.

Hope everyone has a great day. 

Reallocation was approved.

Plat- $7000

Cash Rew- $12000

More Rew- $8000

Very satisfied. 

I submitted my BT's 5/17 to Cap One and Disco...the BT to Cap One posted yesterday 5/18. Came in as a "Bill Pay". Very fast.

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 1066 of 1,526
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@KA14 wrote:

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@Gsauce806 wrote:

I applied and this the response i got

cashREWARDS

Credit Card Application

We’ve received your application for a cashREWARDS card and will review it as soon as possible.

You can expect an answer within 24-48 hours.

What you guys think ?

If we need more information to process your application, we'll call you or send you a message via digital banking.

Thank you for choosing Navy Federal!

Its not unusual to get a 24-48 hour message from NAVY , i've gotten them. One thing to remember is your first card has to be at least 3 full statements and 91 days old before you can be approved for a second card. a partial statement doesnt count, so you have to make sure its at least 3 FULL statements.

EDIT- Oops, now i notice you said the first card is 8 months old so you should be ok with that. just see what response you get from them. it wasnt an automatic denial so that is positive

@SUPERSQUID The three *full* statements has been debunked. Myself and others have been able to get CLIs and new cards with 3 statements (of any length) as long as it's been more than 91 days. 

With all due respect has this really been debunked? I have read hundreds of posts on this and many web pages and they all agree on the 90 days/3 full statements and then 180 days/6 full statements between cli requests, scratching my head.

Can anybody else confirm this?

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 1067 of 1,526
KA14
Regular Contributor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@KA14 wrote:

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@Gsauce806 wrote:

cashREWARDS

Credit Card Application

We’ve received your application for a cashREWARDS card and will review it as soon as possible.

What you guys think ?

If we need more information to process your application, we'll call you or send you a message via digital banking.

Its not unusual to get a 24-48 hour message from NAVY , i've gotten them. One thing to remember is your first card has to be at least 3 full statements and 91 days old before you can be approved for a second card. a partial statement doesnt count, so you have to make sure its at least 3 FULL statements.

EDIT- Oops, now i notice you said the first card is 8 months old so you should be ok with that. just see what response you get from them. it wasnt an automatic denial so that is positive

@SUPERSQUID The three *full* statements has been debunked. Myself and others have been able to get CLIs and new cards with 3 statements (of any length) as long as it's been more than 91 days. 

With all due respect has this really been debunked? I have read hundreds of posts on this and many web pages and they all agree on the 90 days/3 full statements and then 180 days/6 full statements between cli requests, scratching my head.

@SUPERSQUID We went over this a few months ago with a handful of people testing it out with success. I'll try to find the posts back thread. 

Message 1068 of 1,526
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@KA14 wrote:

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@Gsauce806 wrote:

cashREWARDS

Credit Card Application

What you guys think ?

@KA14 , @SUPERSQUID 

Below is my history from 2 of my navy cards. (Card 1 only had a $6 monthly subscription so I didn't requested a scattering of CLI's, and a large reallocation on that card all before closing card 2.*) As you can see, I had no problem getting a CLI when including a partial stmt, nor was there an issue with less than 6 stmts. Hope this adds clarity. 

Keep in mind you don't know the reason or history of the folks Navy has applied restrictions prior to granting additional credit. It is simply, as is most often the case, YEMV !! Happy Friday everyone!!

Card #2 1/4/2020 SL $20K
First Partial Stmt 1/17/20 (13 days)
2nd Stmt 2/17/20
3rd Stmt 3/17/20
CLI 4/6/20 +8K ->$28K (3 stmts incl partial)
Reallocate CL 4/20/20 -8K ->$20K
4th Stmt 4/17/20
5th Stmt 5/17/20
6th Stmt 6/17/20
no stmt jul
7th Stmt 8/17/20
8th Stmt 9/17/20
no stmt oct
CLI 10/29/20 +4K ->$24K (5 stmts)
9th Stmt 11/17/20
no stmt dec
no stmt jan
no stmt feb
reallocated CL 2/2/2021 -14k ->$10K
no stmt mar
10th Stmt 4/21/21
no stmt may
11th Stmt 6/21/21
no stmt jul
CLI 8/11/21 +4k ->$14K (3 stmts)
12th Stmt 8/21/21
Closed account 1/18/2022. Reallocated CL to Card 1 which is now $46K.

Card #3 4/6/2020 SL $25K
Reallocation 4/20/20 +8K ->$33K
First Partial Stmt 4/21/20
2nd Stmt 5/21/20
3rd Stmt 6/21/20
4th Stmt 7/21/20
5th Stmt 8/21/20
6th Stmt 9/21/20
7th Stmt 10/21/20
CLI 11/18/20 +2K ->$35K
8th Stmt 11/21/20
9th Stmt 12/21/20
10th Stmt 1/21/2021
Reallocation 2/2/21 -13K ->$22K
11th Stmt 2/21/21
12th Stmt 3/21/21
no stmt apr
13th Stmt 5/21/21
no stmt jun
no stmt jul
CLI 8/3/21 +4K ->$26K
14th Stmt 8/21/21
no stmt sep
no stmt oct
no stmt nov
no stmt dec
no stmt jan
CLI 2/10/2022 +8K ->$34K (1 stmt)
15th Stmt 2/21/22
no stmts mar-may

* ETA: Took another look at my spreadsheet and as stated above Card 1 over the years mainly had a $6 monthly subscription so I didn't feel bi-annual CLI's were warranted. But I did receive 2 small CLIs (6K & 4K) in 2020 & 1 (6K) in 2022 (just after closing card 2). The large reallocation (27K) was in 2021.

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 1069 of 1,526
KA14
Regular Contributor

@KA14 wrote:

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

@Fletcher2 wrote:
I apologize for having to ask this, but after dozens and dozens of pages in the old thread and some other internet searches, I am now wondering about this "3 full statements after the last one [credit card app]." Smiley Happy

My first statement was ~8-10 days short of a full month (card issued on the 29th of one month, statement closed on the 21st of the subsequent month).

I'll hit 91 days a few days after my upcoming statement.

I have to wait an entire month for the next app, because the first statement was a "partial" (albeit a 75% partial)?!?!?!

I've got a theory that it isn't necessarily a "full" statement, but some other metric NFCU is looking at.  My family has always been successful at getting a CLI approved 91/3 even without 20+ days reporting on the 1st statement.  The thing I've noticed is that NFCU showed a "minimum payment due" on those first partial statements (we usually use the card the day or next day it arrives to test it out, so we typically have to pay at least the minimum on the first statement).

If you don't mind being a tester of this theory, then can you check to see if you show anything other than a "$0 minimum payment due" on that 1st statement?  If you show something due, then ask for a CLI around the 91 day mark and report back to us.

If it turns out the CLI is denied, you should still be able to request for a CLI after the 4th statement cuts and still be successful.  My DD asked a few days too early on a 6 month CLI, and was able to be approved a few days later on her 2nd attempt.

I'll be able to test this theory out in about 2 months myself as my 1st Flaghip statement cut with only 8 days on it (Smiley Surprised), but it had a balance and minimum payment due listed (was able to use the card online a couple of days after approval).  I'll be asking for CLI at day 91 or so...

I tested this theory. It is correct, in my experience!

My first statement cut on 7/21 with only 4 days on the statement after opening the card on 7/17. However, I had already been using the card since NFCU gives you the card numbers and you can use it for online purchases or Apple Pay. The first statement cut with only 4 days on it, had a minimum payment due, and a due date. My third full statement won't post until 10/21. I requested an increase from the $500 SL to $10,000 on 10/17 (92 days from opening). It updated today to show the new CL as $1,500.

Therefore, requesting after 3 statements (partial with minimum due or full) and 91 days seems to work just fine for CLIs. If it doesn't work and timing is noted, it doesn't reset the clock... no harm, no foul.  

@SUPERSQUID Here's the conversation thread I was looking for. Some other people tried it before and after me. It was around mid to end of October. 

Message 1070 of 1,526
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.