cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

How long should I wait when I get declined by Navy for CLI when the reason stated is, "you have reached Navy's maximum unsecured limit" ?

I was thinking a minimum of three months and within that time pay down or off more Navy debt.

What do you all think ?

Message 1071 of 1,525
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

So a new development for me with Navy I applied for a CLI on my CR card at about 10 months instead of 6 and got an instant approval. That was a first for me. I have always had a slight wait.

Message 1072 of 1,525
derboesekoenig
New Contributor

Well. What are your DPs? @Andy77 

Message 1073 of 1,525
RobynJ
Established Contributor

@CerebralZulu wrote:

So a new development for me with Navy I applied for a CLI on my CR card at about 10 months instead of 6 and got an instant approval. That was a first for me. I have always had a slight wait.

Awesome congratulations on your CLI and thanks for the DP's

> > > > > > > > >

Starting Score:

Current Score:
My highest 818

Goal Score:

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

/
Message 1074 of 1,525
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

How long should I wait when I get declined by Navy for CLI when the reason stated is, "you have reached Navy's maximum unsecured limit" ?

I was thinking a minimum of three months and within that time pay down or off more Navy debt.

What do you all think ?

There's really no set time frame per se but whatever time frame you feel comfortable asking again. If that means paying down some debt all the better. But I will add I have received max limit before and requested like 2 weeks later and was approved so it can happen quite fast. Also know your profile. If you know you are paying down debt on a Navy card pretty good, then you can assume you are building positive history and that may help your internal score / max limit. Nothing ever set in stone but as they say " Nothing ventured nothing gained" Smiley Wink

Message 1075 of 1,525
collics
Established Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

What do you all think ?

Been getting that reason for months. They finally budged this month when my EQ 9 got over 650. 635-->665 after getting utilization down to 2%. 

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 1076 of 1,525
Gsauce806

Hey i was approved for the cash rewards this morning which im excited about but low limit of 3k smh thinking about doing a reconsideration

Message 1077 of 1,525
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Gsauce806 wrote:

Hey i was approved for the cash rewards this morning which im excited about but low limit of 3k smh thinking about doing a reconsideration

Congratulations on your $3K cashRewards card approval, @Gsauce806Smiley Happy  What sort of limit were you hoping to achieve?  You mentioned having a secured card with Navy which might inhibit their analysis of your overall risk/limits, even though you reported FICOs of 770 to 804 in this postDo you have other higher-limit cards?  How long have you been a NFCU member and how thick/aged is your credit file?    While you can try a recon with Navy, from what I've seen they may not reverse their decision.  On the other hand, their cards grow well and often without significant utilization.  They're currently granting up to $8K with a soft pull once every six months (180 days) or so.  That's very generous in comparison to many lenders.

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 1078 of 1,525
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@Gsauce806 wrote:

Dont panic, I got approved for a cash rewards on xmas day 12/25/21 for 3700. after 105/3 i requested a cli of 8k and they gave me 6k. so in 3 months it went from a 3700 visa to a 9700 signature visa. i got approved at that time for a platinum with a tiny limit of 1k but i know they can grow quick.

congrats on the approval and watch it grow

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 1079 of 1,525
Gsauce806

Yes i have higher Limits with Amex,Pen fed,Chase,Discover and my Profile has 18 active accounts and 10 accounts not active but closed in good standings  28 accounts ,a great mix, my Navy internal score 350 last i checked i been with navy 1 year ,,, But im good with it i know what to do to get it raised up without reconsideration 

Message 1080 of 1,525
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.