cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

tag
Fletcher2
Regular Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

Yup...discovered the nuclear option a week or so ago (and corrected the error in my ways). Smiley Happy

Good to go now, thanks!
Message 1141 of 1,526
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

@Ivylicious1908 wrote:

Hello All,

What is the lowest APR % you can get on Flagship? Does anyone know?

@Ivylicious1908 

Screenshot_20220627-202242_Firefox.jpg

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 1142 of 1,526
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

Anyone know what would cause my experience?

I've been with NFCU since 2016-2017. Have had a credit card with them since then, just added a new one about a year ago (CR that I PC'd to a Flagsgip card.)

I applied for a CLI back in December 2021 and received a $1500 CLI (around same time they were, I think, only doing $4k limits max.)

Just applied again for another CLI and only got bumped up $1k. I'm grateful for the increase, but how is everyone seeing upwards of $8k every 6 months?

My Wallet (Updated Sept 2023):
Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 1143 of 1,526
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@YoungMoney06 wrote:

I've been with NFCU since 2016-2017. Have had a credit card with them since then, just added a new one about a year ago (CR that I PC'd to a Flagsgip card.)

I applied for a CLI back in December 2021 and received a $1500 CLI (around same time they were, I think, only doing $4k limits max.)

Just applied again for another CLI and only got bumped up $1k. I'm grateful for the increase, but how is everyone seeing upwards of $8k every 6 months?

There's really no telling. Do you have any outstanding baddies?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 1144 of 1,526
shane1978
Contributor

Just did a SP increase from $25,700 to $33,700 on my card.  Thanks to all the knowledge gained on this forum.

Message 1145 of 1,526
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@YoungMoney06 wrote:

I would say you take a close gander at the following,

Your internal NAVY score

Income

DTI

Utilization overall 

I notice most of your other cards { minus the flagship } have smaller limits so its probably something on your reports that all of your creditors see.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 1146 of 1,526
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Neither here-nor-there, but I got an email this morning from NFCU congratulating me on the anniversary of my GoRewards Visa.

I had to check, and sure enough, it was opened on July 5... four years ago. Smiley Surprised  I've always thought of this as my 'new' NFCU card, but I guess it's not so new after all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The email was a nice touch, though.  It also made me check on the age of my older account (Platinum MasterCard), which will be seven years (!!!) this fall. grandpa.gif

Message 1147 of 1,526
RealEstateGuy89
Frequent Contributor

I think I'm going to request a CLI on my Flagship card today. I decided to wait until the 6th because I think I read somewhere in this thread that Navy does all their SP account reviews on the 5th of every month.

Does anyone know if I am remembering this correctly?  Thank you. 

Message 1148 of 1,526
RobynJ
Established Contributor

I thought it was the last Thursday of the month. They just don't update your free Fico score until around the 3rd-7th

> > > > > > > > >

Starting Score:

Current Score:
My highest 818

Goal Score:

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

/
Message 1149 of 1,526
RealEstateGuy89
Frequent Contributor

Thanks @RobynJ !

Message 1150 of 1,526
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.