cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

tag
GZG
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

Thinking about the future.

If I apply for my second card sometime next year when my TU report is clean of baddies, but my EQ report still has 1 baddie, assuming they pull TU, will their knowledge of my EQ baddie cause them to deny my app or pull EQ when it's been reported that most pulls for new apps are TU? 

Or should I wait for both my TU and EQ reports to be clean before applying?

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 1361 of 1,526
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

@GZG wrote:

Thinking about the future.

If I apply for my second card sometime next year when my TU report is clean of baddies, but my EQ report still has 1 baddie, assuming they pull TU, will their knowledge of my EQ baddie cause them to deny my app or pull EQ when it's been reported that most pulls for new apps are TU? 

Or should I wait for both my TU and EQ reports to be clean before applying?

They pull TU9 for new cards.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 1362 of 1,526
RobynJ
Established Contributor

Navy pulled TU 4 for my auto loan. 

> > > > > > > > >

Starting Score:

Current Score:
My highest 818

Goal Score:

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

/
Message 1363 of 1,526
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@RobynJ wrote:

Navy pulled TU 4 for my auto loan. 

I am 00.000001% sure that is a TU Mortgage score ... like EX FICO2

@RobynJ, I edited to reflect accuracy.

Did not know about Auto Score 4Smiley Tongue But then I have not had a car payment in 7 years or more!

I also do not pull my scores from myFICO.

On Experian, for Auto ... I only get

FICO® Auto Score 2

FICO® Auto Score 8
Message 1364 of 1,526
RobynJ
Established Contributor

966ABA2A-D4AA-4631-993C-5D52B2A75087.png

As you can see this is auto score 4 not mortgage score. I know this is what they pulled as it's the only score that comes close to matching the price you pay for credit letter they sent and it was exactly the same. 

> > > > > > > > >

Starting Score:

Current Score:
My highest 818

Goal Score:

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

/
Message 1365 of 1,526
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

These are the current Auto offers I have;

Very Solid Pre-Approvals from Service CU

(Click image to enlarge)(Click image to enlarge)

Sorry, getting way OT.

Message 1366 of 1,526
Space_Daddy
Established Member

Do I need to wait 6 months if I got an automatic CLI from Navy Fed? Or does the 6 month period between requests only apply to self-iniated requests?

Thank you!

Message 1367 of 1,526
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Space_Daddy wrote:

Do I need to wait 6 months if I got an automatic CLI from Navy Fed? Or does the 6 month period between requests only apply to self-iniated requests?

Thank you!

@Space_Daddy,

Unfortunately ...Auto CLI's reset the 6 month period.

This is a good reason to send a secure message and have them (Auto increases) turned off.

I did just that, I think it was over a year ago .. maybe two.

Message 1368 of 1,526
Space_Daddy
Established Member

Thanks for letting me know. My automatic CLI have me an extra $2000 (from $9000 --> $11,000) but I'm guessing that I'd get a bigger increase if I requested it myself.

Message 1369 of 1,526
dytch2220
Regular Contributor

CREDIT CARDS

- Pulls TU9

Does anyone know if this would be the FICO Score 9 or the FICO Bankcard Score 9?

Installment Accounts

Revolving Accounts
Message 1370 of 1,526
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.