cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

tag
GoTarHeels
Valued Member

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

Hello all,

Has anyone with the Flagship had their Amazon Prime subscription reimbursed again this year?  I've had it the last 2 years and am hoping they do it again this year.  It's definitely made keeping the card worth it for me.

Message 1461 of 1,526
800wannabe420
Regular Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

@GoTarHeels wrote:

Hello all,

Has anyone with the Flagship had their Amazon Prime subscription reimbursed again this year?  I've had it the last 2 years and am hoping they do it again this year.  It's definitely made keeping the card worth it for me.

@GoTarHeels 

Screenshot_20230608_135602_Navy Federal.jpg

It appears this offer has been extended until 12/31/2023.

I also enjoy this benefit (if only they would include the tax).🙂

I use the Global Entry along with my significant other for a total of $179 annual savings.   Not a bad return for a $49 annual fee 😀 

Message 1462 of 1,526
GoTarHeels
Valued Member

I hope this doesn't apply to just new Flagship account holders!  They were lenient last year and I hope it continues again.

Since I have other cards that pay for Precheck it doesn't help me as much, unfortunately.  Even though it's only $49, 2x on everything and 3x on travel are not difficult categories to have covered by cards with no AFs, so it really wouldn't be worth it for me.

@800wannabe420 wrote:

@GoTarHeels wrote:

Hello all,

@GoTarHeels 

Screenshot_20230608_135602_Navy Federal.jpg

It appears this offer has been extended until 12/31/2023.

I also enjoy this benefit (if only they would include the tax).🙂

I use the Global Entry along with my significant other for a total of $179 annual savings.   Not a bad return for a $49 annual fee 😀 

Message 1463 of 1,526
800wannabe420
Regular Contributor

@GoTarHeels 

The new Flagship account holders offer has a different date (8/31/2023).

And I agree, 3% travel and 2% everything else can be easily duplicated/exceeded using other cards, however, combined with the No Foreign Transaction Fee along with the superior customer service makes this a valuable card for myself. 

Since retiring and having my travel reduced from weekly (!!!) to 3-4 annually, this low annual fee card meets my needs without using a travel portal associated with some cards. 

Message 1464 of 1,526
GoTarHeels
Valued Member

Ok, awesome, that's good to know!

I'm with you on the travel portals.  Not a fan of any of them, except for FHR.  The value there can be too good depending on where you're travelling.  Otherwise, I much prefer to book directly with the airline or hotel.

Message 1465 of 1,526
MySunrise271
Established Contributor

A data point on when Navy Fed reports to the credit bureaus:  My Platinum card statement closed on June 3, and the statement balance and new credit limit were reported to credit bureaus on June 7. Alerts on all credit score reporting apps (Vantage and Fico)  continued through June 9.  The 3rd was a weekend, but I believe last month, it was also at least a 2-3 lag between statement  close and reporting to bureaus

Message 1466 of 1,526
OpenBook55
Valued Member

Hey yall. Here's an interesting datapoint I wanted to add not sure if its been mentioned before. Previously I knew if you had any prior balances with NFCU you wouldn't be "forgiven" until paid in full. Well, I had a previous GoRewards which CLOSED with a $7k balance about 6 years ago while experiencing financial difficulty. I consistently paid on it since then ,as off today the current balance left $1300 . 3 years ago in my attempt to rebuild I opened a nRewards secured wit $300. This morning around 6 am,I woke up to the Congratulation your nRewards has been unsecured and your deposit is being returned email. I logged onto my Navy fed app, it is already reflecting with a new acct  type and  limit. I was indeed suprised considering i still have a balance left on my prior closed card. I am indeed grateful for the lessons learned and boost in utilization.  Had I known this was a possibility of unsecuring I wouldnot have taken that 3 HP from Cap 1 just yesterday or I would have selected the Venture one instead of Savor one to not have 2 cashback cards.

Current fico 8 scores  Eq-683 TU-687 ex 676  zero collections 1-2 inq on all reports

Message 1467 of 1,526
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@OpenBook55 wrote:

Hey yall. Here's an interesting datapoint I wanted to add not sure if its been mentioned before. Previously I knew if you had any prior balances with NFCU you wouldn't be "forgiven" until paid in full. Well, I had a previous GoRewards which CLOSED with a $7k balance about 6 years ago while experiencing financial difficulty. I consistently paid on it since then ,as off today the current balance left $1300 . 3 years ago in my attempt to rebuild I opened a nRewards secured wit $300. This morning around 6 am,I woke up to the Congratulation your nRewards has been unsecured and your deposit is being returned email. I logged onto my Navy fed app, it is already reflecting with a new acct  type and  limit. I was indeed suprised considering i still have a balance left on my prior closed card. I am indeed grateful for the lessons learned and boost in utilization.  Had I known this was a possibility of unsecuring I wouldnot have taken that 3 HP from Cap 1 just yesterday or I would have selected the Venture one instead of Savor one to not have 2 cashback cards.

Current fico 8 scores  Eq-683 TU-687 ex 676  zero collections 1-2 inq on all reports

Congratulations on your graduation and rebuild, and thanks for sharing your data points!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 1468 of 1,526
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

In case anyone is interested...I just got an $8000 limit increase that made me surpass the $80K Max Exposure rule with Navy Federal. Here's the post I made about it. https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Navy-Federal-CLI-Surpassing-Max-Exposure/td-p...

Message 1469 of 1,526
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Hi all... quick question about when I should ask for my first CLI.

Jan statement cut on 22nd.

Converted from secured to unsecured on Jan 30.

First statement unsecured was Feb 22.  That being said.. March, April, May, June...

Is my July 22 statement when I should ask for the CLI?  Online correct?

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 1470 of 1,526
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.