cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

tag
GatoradeZeroGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

@LadyCupcakes wrote:

I'll be applying for the NSecured after my BK7 discharge in early July 2023. Obviously YMMV, but if I put the $200 minimum vs $500 I see most people start with, does this amount impact getting the seemingly standard $2,000 conversion to the CashRewards?  I have not seen this answered and am very curious.  Thanks!

all nRewards will graduate to $2000, unless you secured more than that prior, then it will unsecure to that amount.

I doubt whether or not the decision to secure $200 or $500 makes a difference in the likelihood that you will unsecure more quickly 

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 1451 of 1,522
LadyCupcakes
Established Member

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

@sznthescore wrote:

@LadyCupcakes wrote:

I'll be applying for the NSecured after my BK7 discharge in early July 2023. Obviously YMMV, but if I put the $200 minimum vs $500 I see most people start with, does this amount impact getting the seemingly standard $2,000 conversion to the CashRewards?  I have not seen this answered and am very curious.  Thanks!

No it does not. The minimum $200 would yield the same result of $2,000 at graduation. I started at $200, then added $300 later for a TCL of $500.  Graduated to the $2,000 cashRewards, then product changed to the moreRewards Amex a few days later. (Took me 20-21 months to graduate. YMMV.)

Thanks for the info. Nice to know I can change to the more Rewards too as that matches my spending better.

BK Ch7 Filed 3/24/2023 ; Est Discharge Date: 6/23/2023
FICO Scores as of 4/19/2023: EX-559, TU-459, EQ-487

FICO Scores as of 6/17/2023: EX-573, TU-551, EQ-615
Car loan with a 5.9% APR reaffirmed
Burned Cap1, Citi, Amex, Synch, Commenity, BOA, Mercury, Discover, Upstart.
Message 1452 of 1,522
Space_Daddy
Established Member

Following up with my data point -

Navy Fed reported my CLI when my statement cut.

Message 1453 of 1,522
BrownSugah66
Regular Contributor

Hello MyFICO-ers......Is this thread closed? I sure hope not as I have found it to be extremely valuable for my NFCU relationship journey.

Message 1454 of 1,522
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@BrownSugah66 wrote:
Hello MyFICO-ers......Is this thread closed? I sure hope not as I have found it to be extremely valuable for my NFCU relationship journey.

No if it was closed you wouldn't be able to comment .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 1455 of 1,522
ShreksBFF
New Contributor

Was trying to apply using referral from father (vet), was denied a couple times with no reasoning, tried to email the reconsideration email they give you and didn't receive a response

I moved across the country back in November, is it safe to assume that this is the cause and I should let the new address mature a bit on my reports prior to trying again?

Main reason for joining was mortgage rates, looking to buy end of year.

June 2022:
Jan 2024:
Message 1456 of 1,522
800wannabe420
Regular Contributor

@ShreksBFF wrote:

Was trying to apply using referral from father (vet), was denied a couple times with no reasoning, tried to email the reconsideration email they give you and didn't receive a response

I moved across the country back in November, is it safe to assume that this is the cause and I should let the new address mature a bit on my reports prior to trying again?

@ShreksBFF 

I would be surprised if a 7 month old address change would be a reason for denial. 

Is your father a NFCU member?

If so, did you reference his access number when applying?

I  know NFCU no longer does a HP when applying for membership,  but I believe they still do a SP on your CR, including Chexsystems.   Is there any negative issues there?

Other than that,  I have no idea what could be the problem.   No explanation/response is very out of character for NFCU in my experience. 

Message 1457 of 1,522
ShreksBFF
New Contributor

@800wannabe420 wrote:

@ShreksBFF wrote:

@ShreksBFF 

I would be surprised if a 7 month old address change would be a reason for denial. 

Is your father a NFCU member?

If so, did you reference his access number when applying?

I  know NFCU no longer does a HP when applying for membership,  but I believe they still do a SP on your CR, including Chexsystems.   Is there any negative issues there?

Other than that,  I have no idea what could be the problem.   No explanation/response is very out of character for NFCU in my experience. 

Yup, member and used his code

My scores bumped from 670's to 720's since last attempting, I suppose I'll try again next month.

Chex is clean, so wouldn't be that.

June 2022:
Jan 2024:
Message 1458 of 1,522
800wannabe420
Regular Contributor

@ShreksBFF 

If you get another denial/no response and your father has any CC products with NFCU, you might ask him if he would be willing to add you as an AU (he could keep the card for that matter) just to get their NFCU 's attention.

I don't know if this would have any effect whatsoever, just a thought. 

This no reason/no response is very odd to me.   I added my daughter using my access number with no problem when they were still doing a HP for membership and she was, shall we say, somewhat credit challenged at the time. 

Message 1459 of 1,522
Dk62270

CLI  on More Reqards Amex approved from 10K > 18K.  It was not instant and took 24 hours. Was a SP as no evidence of any HP on my reports this morning. I assume they used EQ 9 which is on their site?  If so my score is a 782. Had the card since 2020.  Never asked for a CLI before but very happy I did Smiley Happy 

Message 1460 of 1,522
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.