cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

@Anonymous wrote:

Got my increase. Quite frankly was expecting a denial. 

1F6A1DC1-E1E9-4D2A-90AF-CFE95A9AD335.png

This puts me up to $32K in unsecured credit with NFCU - $12,500 cashRewards, $19,000 Platinum, $500 CLOC (I wish this would grow but it serves its purpose I guess). 

I probably shouldn't have done this because I wanted to get my third card later this year. My exposure with NFCU is now almost 170% of my annual income 😅 

Congrats @Anonymous 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 141 of 1,526
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This puts me up to $32K in unsecured credit with NFCU - $12,500 cashRewards, $19,000 Platinum, $500 CLOC (I wish this would grow but it serves its purpose I guess). 

I probably shouldn't have done this because I wanted to get my third card later this year. My exposure with NFCU is now almost 170% of my annual income 😅 

Congrats @Anonymous 

Thanks, @Jnbmom Smiley Happy

Platinum is up for CLI next month but if they extend the More Rewards $100 for $1K SUB I'll probably hold off. The old $3K and $2500 spend SUBs were too much for me but $1K and $1500 I can definitely do so if they have one of those in November I'll go for it after my Chase application before I go back to the garden. 

If they don't extend the offer I'll just request the CLI. 

Message 142 of 1,526
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That sweet news for you! 

I put in for a CLI on my More Rewards about 5AM today, haven't seen anything yet. I've checked 3X already 🤣. We'll see, glad you're doing well with Navy.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 143 of 1,526
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi MOJO my friend.  I just wanted to give you an update.  Even though I was denied for the more rewards they did give me the auto CLI on my Nrewards last night. I woke up to a 600 dollar limit from the 200 so even though my journey isn't going as fast as others seem to, it's still going.  

Next stop 3 more statements and hopefully graduation.  I'll wait until then and probably apply again for the More Rewards. Especially If I do graduate after the 6th statement cuts. 

Thanks for all your help and support.  

Thanks to all of you. 

Hey, slowly but surely, things will open up with them. Pay on time and keep your UT in check, you'll grab yourself a nice approval.

That's sweet news about the Nrewards, from DPs here, cards can start graduating around the 7th statement so hopefully that'll be coming for you soon.

Keep us posted on your Navy ride, enjoy your Saturday!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 144 of 1,526
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That sweet news for you! 

I put in for a CLI on my More Rewards about 5AM today, haven't seen anything yet. I've checked 3X already 🤣. We'll see, glad you're doing well with Navy.

It took them 2 days to get my request processed and I requested on a week day so be patient lol

Good luck on your request! 🍀🤞

Message 145 of 1,526
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

I applied for a CLI on my Platinum card on Friday (6/11/21) I still haven't heard anything and I did not get any report alert notifications.

DPs:

It's my 2nd lowest CL at $9,600 I have 12 CCs for about $150K and I'm always under 1% uti.

This is my only NFCU card and I have had it for a little over 1 year now.

My last CLI ($4K) on this card was on 11/18/20.

My EQ9 on NFCU is showing 832 and all my reports are clean

My DTI is about 10% and income is $160K  

INQ for TU 0/3, 0/6, 5/12

INQ for EQ 0/3, 0/6, 3/12

My 3 questions are:

1. Should I be worried tthat the CLI requestt went to review and I still haven't heard anything and might it be that it was a SP?

2. I  know I should have checked here first and app'ed for a 2nd card first but... If I call on Monday could it be possible to use the same HP to app for a second card?

3. What can I expect for a SL on a second card given my DPs?

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Starting Scores (06/2016):

Current Fico8 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Current Fico9 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Message 146 of 1,526
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@raisemysc0re wrote:

I applied for a CLI on my Platinum card on Friday (6/11/21) I still haven't heard anything and I did not get any report alert notifications.

DPs:

It's my 2nd lowest CL at $9,600 I have 12 CCs for about $150K and I'm always under 1% uti.

This is my only NFCU card and I have had it for a little over 1 year now.

My last CLI ($4K) on this card was on 11/18/20.

My EQ9 on NFCU is showing 832 and all my reports are clean

My DTI is about 10% and income is $160K  

INQ for TU 0/3, 0/6, 5/12

INQ for EQ 0/3, 0/6, 3/12

My 3 questions are:

1. Should I be worried tthat the CLI requestt went to review and I still haven't heard anything and might it be that it was a SP?

2. I  know I should have checked here first and app'ed for a 2nd card first but... If I call on Monday could it be possible to use the same HP to app for a second card?

3. What can I expect for a SL on a second card given my DPs?

Most cli requests if not all get reviewd. No big deal there. It can take a couple days to hear back. If you requested cli online chances are it will be sp because were it hp those show up almost instantly. 

Given your stats  ,  i would expect, though anything is possible ( keep in mind) , a higher credit limit. Only way to know is actually to app. Great thibg is even with lower than expected limit, the growth potential is huge with Navy. 50k on all cards except Flagship, 80k, 80k max exposure. 4k increases every 6 months is still better than most credit cards allow. 

Fyi, Navy does not recycle credit pulls. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 147 of 1,526
Fletcher2
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats @Anonymous 

Platinum is up for CLI next month but if they extend the More Rewards $100 for $1K SUB I'll probably hold off. The old $3K and $2500 spend SUBs were too much for me but $1K and $1500 I can definitely do so if they have one of those in November I'll go for it after my Chase application before I go back to the garden. 

I have been searching for info on their SUBs and just read your post. Smiley Happy

Any idea if they change/replace the offers the day after the current expire, or is there usually a lag between offers; I also wonder if they frequently stay the same with little change month to month, because I am getting ready to app and now wondering if I should wait two weeks or so...

Message 148 of 1,526
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

My 3rd full statement for my 2nd card was Saturday so promptly hit the CLI button.  Still no sign of movement.  The suspense is killing me!

I requested a CLI last week but it was denied... never got a letter so don't know if it was denied for being too soon or "max exposure" since I was just approved for my 3rd card last week.

In hoping the CLI department just takes the weekends off and hopefully I'll be at the head of the queue tomorrow morning.

ETA ... I did get a letter explaining why my interest rate for the 3rd card was so high... It said my internal Navy score was 303... up 4 whole points from 3/19!  Not sure if that is significant.

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 149 of 1,526
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fletcher2 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats @Anonymous 

I have been searching for info on their SUBs and just read your post. Smiley Happy

Any idea if they change/replace the offers the day after the current expire, or is there usually a lag between offers; I also wonder if they frequently stay the same with little change month to month, because I am getting ready to app and now wondering if I should wait two weeks or so...

They usually replace the offer very quickly after the current one expires and this one expires June 30th for More Rewards (I haven't checked the other cards). 

Message 150 of 1,526
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.