cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

pakratus
New Member

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products


@Duke_Nukem wrote:

 

I've got a theory that it isn't necessarily a "full" statement, but some other metric NFCU is looking at.  My family has always been successful at getting a CLI approved 91/3 even without 20+ days reporting on the 1st statement.  The thing I've noticed is that NFCU showed a "minimum payment due" on those first partial statements (we usually use the card the day or next day it arrives to test it out, so we typically have to pay at least the minimum on the first statement).

If you don't mind being a tester of this theory, then can you check to see if you show anything other than a "$0 minimum payment due" on that 1st statement?  If you show something due, then ask for a CLI around the 91 day mark and report back to us.

 

If it turns out the CLI is denied, you should still be able to request for a CLI after the 4th statement cuts and still be successful.  My DD asked a few days too early on a 6 month CLI, and was able to be approved a few days later on her 2nd attempt.

 

I'll be able to test this theory out in about 2 months myself as my 1st Flaghip statement cut with only 8 days on it (Smiley Surprised), but it had a balance and minimum payment due listed (was able to use the card online a couple of days after approval).  I'll be asking for CLI at day 91 or so...


Do you think this might work for a new app?  I'm more interested in getting the More Rewards than a CLI on my Cash Rewards.  

 

My first statement was 23 days, $100 on the statement.

 

Separate question for all-

I got a Preapproved email for the More Rewards but I've only had one statement (second cuts in a couple days).  Offer expires before 91/3, I should wait right?  

Message 611 of 657
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

I requested a $8k CLI for the DW on her Flagship last week and it came through yesterday in full taking her to a cool $35k on that card.  (It is in my sig as an AU).   That takes her to $69.5k in total NFCU exposure, not counting a $3k CLOC (does that count?).  Yesterday, after I saw the CLI approval I requested $8k on her GoRewards that had passed 180 days in August.  I waited on this cards CLI request as the Flagship took priority.  We will see what happens but she is getting close to max NFCU exposure.

 

Regardless of what happens with the GoRewards CLI, I am going to request a transfer of CL from her More Rewards to the Flagship or a combining of the two through secure message.  I know they have not been good about this recently but will try anyway.  What should I ask for or attempt?   The More Rewards card is never used but the Flagship is heavily used for both personal and monthly business "expenses" and paid in full each month.  The More Rewards card could just be closed as the best option with the her Flagship going to 60k.  It is worth a shot anyway and I will also be trying to grow my Flagship as well after my CR is a year old in May 2022.

 

Should I just bug the crap out of them until one day they relent?  Any strategy suggestions that may have a chance?


|Biz | AU

Rebuilding from a sudden, swift and complete credit disaster in early 2014 | Starting Scores 2017 = High 300's - Low 400's
8-1-18 -
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, Amazon Net 55 $5.5k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k
Message 612 of 657
cashorcharge
Senior Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products


@spiritcraft1 wrote:

I requested a $8k CLI for the DW on her Flagship last week and it came through yesterday in full taking her to a cool $35k on that card.  (It is in my sig as an AU).   That takes her to $69.5k in total NFCU exposure, not counting a $3k CLOC (does that count?).  Yesterday, after I saw the CLI approval I requested $8k on her GoRewards that had passed 180 days in August.  I waited on this cards CLI request as the Flagship took priority.  We will see what happens but she is getting close to max NFCU exposure.

 

Regardless of what happens with the GoRewards CLI, I am going to request a transfer of CL from her More Rewards to the Flagship or a combining of the two through secure message.  I know they have not been good about this recently but will try anyway.  What should I ask for or attempt?   The More Rewards card is never used but the Flagship is heavily used for both personal and monthly business "expenses" and paid in full each month.  The More Rewards card could just be closed as the best option with the her Flagship going to 60k.  It is worth a shot anyway and I will also be trying to grow my Flagship as well after my CR is a year old in May 2022.

 

Should I just bug the crap out of them until one day they relent?  Any strategy suggestions that may have a chance?


Watching this one @spiritcraft1 to see if you've beaten them down into relenting....LOL

Good luck!  I recall some notes way back about "if related to a higher BT than the card" blah blah blah but I think loophole too is no more.  

Awaiting your update!

Message 613 of 657
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products


@cashorcharge wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

I requested a $8k CLI for the DW on her Flagship last week and it came through yesterday in full taking her to a cool $35k on that card.  (It is in my sig as an AU).   That takes her to $69.5k in total NFCU exposure, not counting a $3k CLOC (does that count?).  Yesterday, after I saw the CLI approval I requested $8k on her GoRewards that had passed 180 days in August.  I waited on this cards CLI request as the Flagship took priority.  We will see what happens but she is getting close to max NFCU exposure.

 

Regardless of what happens with the GoRewards CLI, I am going to request a transfer of CL from her More Rewards to the Flagship or a combining of the two through secure message.  I know they have not been good about this recently but will try anyway.  What should I ask for or attempt?   The More Rewards card is never used but the Flagship is heavily used for both personal and monthly business "expenses" and paid in full each month.  The More Rewards card could just be closed as the best option with the her Flagship going to 60k.  It is worth a shot anyway and I will also be trying to grow my Flagship as well after my CR is a year old in May 2022.

 

Should I just bug the crap out of them until one day they relent?  Any strategy suggestions that may have a chance?


Watching this one @spiritcraft1 to see if you've beaten them down into relenting....LOL

Good luck!  I recall some notes way back about "if related to a higher BT than the card" blah blah blah but I think loophole too is no more.  

Awaiting your update!


The policy could be updated any time I suppose.  I will also post an individual thread if I get anywhere.


|Biz | AU

Rebuilding from a sudden, swift and complete credit disaster in early 2014 | Starting Scores 2017 = High 300's - Low 400's
8-1-18 -
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, Amazon Net 55 $5.5k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k
Message 614 of 657
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products


@spiritcraft1 wrote:

I requested a $8k CLI for the DW on her Flagship last week and it came through yesterday in full taking her to a cool $35k on that card.  (It is in my sig as an AU).   That takes her to $69.5k in total NFCU exposure, not counting a $3k CLOC (does that count?).  Yesterday, after I saw the CLI approval I requested $8k on her GoRewards that had passed 180 days in August.  I waited on this cards CLI request as the Flagship took priority.  We will see what happens but she is getting close to max NFCU exposure.

 

Regardless of what happens with the GoRewards CLI, I am going to request a transfer of CL from her More Rewards to the Flagship or a combining of the two through secure message.  I know they have not been good about this recently but will try anyway.  What should I ask for or attempt?   The More Rewards card is never used but the Flagship is heavily used for both personal and monthly business "expenses" and paid in full each month.  The More Rewards card could just be closed as the best option with the her Flagship going to 60k.  It is worth a shot anyway and I will also be trying to grow my Flagship as well after my CR is a year old in May 2022.

 

Should I just bug the crap out of them until one day they relent?  Any strategy suggestions that may have a chance?


Well, they granted the 8k CLI on her GoRewards card.  That brings her to $77.5K.  I guess that answers the question about the CLOC counting...  it doesn't.  That is likely common knowledge but I couldn't recall.   I love it since I take care of all things financial...  I get to live vicariously credit wise.  Tomorrow I will send the first secure message regarding moving her $25 CL on the MR to her Flagship. 

 

I did note that this $8k CLI was fast for NFCU, less than 24 hours.   They have always loved her even when she was unclean report wise.


|Biz | AU

Rebuilding from a sudden, swift and complete credit disaster in early 2014 | Starting Scores 2017 = High 300's - Low 400's
8-1-18 -
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, Amazon Net 55 $5.5k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k
Message 615 of 657
cashorcharge
Senior Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

That's terrific @spiritcraft1 

Glad that was so easy and agreed, sounds they are getting even faster at approving these!

Good Luck on the consolidation!

Message 616 of 657
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

Waiting on your reply!

I just got two credit limit increases on both my NFCU cards. Bring me to a aggregate $78k. I’m not sure if I want 50/30 or 40/40.
Message 617 of 657
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products


@TheFIGuy wrote:
Waiting on your reply!

I just got two credit limit increases on both my NFCU cards. Bring me to a aggregate $78k. I’m not sure if I want 50/30 or 40/40.

I sent it.  Asking for the total $25k limit of her More Rewards be transferred to her Flagship.  If approved, she would have a $60k Flagship and a $17.5k GoRewards card with $2.5k of max CL space to go....  I will update, and if successful, create a dedicated thread with DP's for the ages...

 

In our cases, the GoRewards cards are our oldest active cards (former secured cards).  We will likely keep these as is and try, until successful, to max our Flagships with available max CL's.


|Biz | AU

Rebuilding from a sudden, swift and complete credit disaster in early 2014 | Starting Scores 2017 = High 300's - Low 400's
8-1-18 -
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, Amazon Net 55 $5.5k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k
Message 618 of 657
Sionkado
Regular Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

@Brian_Earl_SpilnerNot sure if this is worth adding to the main post.

 

Took a recent CLI stab for the 181-day timeline. Last CLI date: 4/14/21. Put in the CLI at "technically" 181 days (used the Google calc for 4/14/21 + 181 days), which was 10/12/21. Got denied. Hmmm. Ok, secure message to see what's the deal. Technicalities aside, the real date for CLI eligibility would be 10/15/21. Gregorian calendar vs the actual math on it. The classic overthinking situation on my end. But interesting nonetheless and hopefully this helps some other overthinker!

Message 619 of 657
MarkintheHV
Established Member

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

Just got some unsolicited love from NFCU.  I had it on my calendar to hit them up for a CLI on 12/1/21 as I was going to ask for 10k, today when I logged on, I see they gave me 2.5k cli on my Flagship.  I was kind of surprised as my last CLI on this card was 3 months ago.

 

Now I have to wait 4/15 to ask for my next bump Smiley Sad

 

Happy about the CLI, but not happy as it pushed me further out from asking for a larger CLI.

MarkintheHV
Message 620 of 657
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.