cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

@OmarGB9 wrote:

I don't know that you have to wait 190 days. But for sure it's starting to look like you need to wait for 6 statements to cut. Like I said previously, mine was only 186 days/6 statements when I tried the second time last week.

@OmarGB9 That's a great point! It's probably the 6 months and 6 statements that are more important.  I think with my last 2 limit increase requests (my wife's Cash rewards at 182 days and my More Rewards at 183 days) both being initially denied for asking too soon and then approved a few days later I'm just choosing to err on the side of caution.

It is no fun for me waiting 4 to 5 days to be denied just to turn around and be approved the next day.  I think I'll just wait until day 190 to avoid the hassle.  Like you said though 186 days could be fine if a 6th statement has been released too!

Message 711 of 713
MarcuzAgrippa
Established Member

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

@800wannabe420 wrote:

@MarcuzAgrippa wrote:

Started my CC journey with a Nsecured card back in Sept. 2020 with a $300 limit. This doubled 3 months later to $600. On my 04/23/2021 statement, it went unsecured and the limit became $2k with a product change to a cashRewards card.

By my math, I should be clear to ask for an increase correct?

My plans are to ask for the CLI and then app for the More Rewards card. I do have a balance on the card at the moment. Have better results been seen on the CLI and apping for a new card with a zero balance on the existing card?

@MarcuzAgrippa 

You should be good for both a new app and a CLI request.   I would suggest you determine which of the two actions is most important to you and perform that first.   A successful CLI could put you over NFCU's internal limit and produce a denial for a cc application. 

@800wannabe420  I went ahead and pulled the trigger late last night. Did an app for the NFCU More Rewards Amex and got immediate approval for a $5,100 limit. Right after I pulled the trigger on a CLI on my cashRewards card. Woke up today to a $4k increase putting me at $6k on that card as well. Happy with both results considering my credit profile has a CO on it still reporting for over $11k.

Current Cards (In order of acquisition):

Authorized User: Cap1 $4250 w/ 3+ years AAoA, AMEX $1k w/ less than a year AAoA
Current Auto Loan:
Message 712 of 713
800wannabe420
Regular Contributor

@MarcuzAgrippa wrote:

@800wannabe420 wrote:

@MarcuzAgrippa wrote:

Started my CC journey with a Nsecured card back in Sept. 2020 with a $300 limit. This doubled 3 months later to $600. On my 04/23/2021 statement, it went unsecured and the limit became $2k with a product change to a cashRewards card.

By my math, I should be clear to ask for an increase correct?

My plans are to ask for the CLI and then app for the More Rewards card. I do have a balance on the card at the moment. Have better results been seen on the CLI and apping for a new card with a zero balance on the existing card?

@MarcuzAgrippa 

You should be good for both a new app and a CLI request.   I would suggest you determine which of the two actions is most important to you and perform that first.   A successful CLI could put you over NFCU's internal limit and produce a denial for a cc application. 

@800wannabe420  I went ahead and pulled the trigger late last night. Did an app for the NFCU More Rewards Amex and got immediate approval for a $5,100 limit. Right after I pulled the trigger on a CLI on my cashRewards card. Woke up today to a $4k increase putting me at $6k on that card as well. Happy with both results considering my credit profile has a CO on it still reporting for over $11k.

@MarcuzAgrippa 

Excellent!!!

If you did not receive the lowest APR for your More Rewards card (currently  9.65%), mark your calendar for 365 days and (assuming responsible use) you will be eligible to request a reduction of your APR.  This annual request also applies to your Cash Rewards card. 

With your Navy success,  a new Apple CC and a recent (less than 6 months) car loan,  I  would STRONGLY suggest a trip to the garden and work on your utilization and your 11K+ CO.

Not every lender is as generous as NFCU!

Message 713 of 713
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.