cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

tag
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

As far as NFCU and Penfed i double checked with them what the cutoff date for the sub was and what day it began.

For Navy, you can check your SUB online. Via the web: Go your credit card > Reward Points > Rewards. From there, you should see any sign up bonuses, including what you need to spend and the exact dates. Click on View Details, and it'll show two bars with how much spend is left to go, and how many days remain.

From the app it's slightly less intuitive. But if go to your credit card, tap Rewards to the right, and then Redeem Rewards, you'll be at the same place.

Message 771 of 1,526
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

Data Point that I wanted to provide that might be useful.

Earlier this year in March, I applied for Visa Signature card and was approved at the time with a $12k limit. For reference I've had multiple checking and savings accounts with NFCU for about 6yrs now, but no loans.  My TU Fico 9 at the time was 751 and Equifax was 755.  Three months later I applied for a credit limit increase and was approved for the at the time, COVID $4k max increase.

A week after my CLI (and 3 months after my visa approval), I applied for the Amex more rewards, and was instantly approved for $23k.  In the meanwhile I saw that max CLI was increased to $8k.  So, 3 months after my amex approval, I requested a CLI for my Amex and got the new $8k increase.

So, for the hell of it, just to test the waters, I requested another CLI on my Visa, which at the time was now 6 months old, and was 3 months from a CLI. So, the CLI was denied due to the recent increase being too soon. At the time, this was in the middle of September.

So, I figured I'd need to wait until the middle or end of December before it was safe to request a CLI on my Visa since it would be 9 months old at that time and 6 months since my last increase. I planned on waiting until the new year just to be safe though, and it would be easier to remember the dates.

But randomly, earlier this week they increased my limit from $16k-$20k without me even requesting another CLI....just an autoCLI of $4k outta the blue!  

So, my question to anybody who would know....is can I still request another increase in a couple weeks for another $8k, since I never requested the auto increase, and didn't get the full $8k I would have probably received if I did a manual CLI request??

Message 772 of 1,526
KA14
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Data Point that I wanted to provide that might be useful.

Earlier this year in March, I applied to for Visa Signature card and was approved at the time with a $12k limit. For reference I've had multiple checking and savings accounts with NFCU for about 6yrs now, but no loans.  My TU Fico 9 at the time was 751 and Equifax was 755.  Three months later I applied for a credit limit increase and was approved for the at the time, COVID $4k max increase.

A week after my CLI (and 3 months after my visa approval), I applied for the Amex more rewards, and was instantly approved for $23k.  In the meanwhile I saw that max CLI was increased to $8k.  So, 3 months after my amex approval, I requested a CLI for my Amex and got the new $8k increase.

So, for the hell of it, just to test the waters, I requested another CLI on my Visa, which at the time was now 6 months old, and was 3 months from a CLI. So, the CLI was denied due to the recent increase being too soon. At the time, this was in the middle of September.

So, I figured I'd need to wait until the middle or end of December before it was safe to request a CLI on my Visa since it would be 9 months old at that time and 6 months since my last increase. I planned on waiting until the new year just to be safe though, and it would be easier to remember the dates.

But randomly, earlier this week they increased my limit from $16k-$20k without me even requesting another CLI....just an autoCLI of $4k outta the blue!  

So, my question to anybody who would know....is can I still request another increase in a couple weeks for another $8k, since I never requested the auto increase, and didn't get the full $8 I would have probably received if I did a manual CLI request??

Congrats on the auto CLI!

Unfortunately, it does make you ineligible for another CLI, at this time. Due to this, a lot of people call to disable auto CLIs. 

Message 773 of 1,526
BrownSugah66
Regular Contributor

Happy New Year 2022 Everyone! I wanted to share my first 6 months experience with the Navy Federal Flagship Card. I was approved on 06/10/21 with a starting limit of $9,500. On 12/17/21, I submitted a request for my first CLI in the amount of $3,000 and was approved for $5,500 bringing my current limit to $15,000. It felt like Holiday Love from NFCU!! I've been a NFCU member since June 2020 and so far I am loving this relationship!

Message 774 of 1,526
maddox74
Established Member

I had a card closed for inactivity, but I somehow had 4 cards, so 1 card more than their 3 card limit.

Message 775 of 1,526
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

@BrownSugah66 wrote:
Happy New Year 2022 Everyone! I wanted to share my first 6 months experience with the Navy Federal Flagship Card. I was approved on 06/10/21 with a starting limit of $9,500. On 12/17/21, I submitted a request for my first CLI in the amount of $3,000 and was approved for $5,500 bringing my current limit to $15,000. It felt like Holiday Love from NFCU!! I've been a NFCU member since June 2020 and so far I am loving this relationship!

@BrownSugah66 you requested $3k and they gave you an additional $2.5k over your request? Now that is rare. I don't see that happening around here. Congrats.

Message 776 of 1,526
DebtStinks
Established Contributor

Regarding the CLI process...I heard that NFCU is a soft pull on CLI as long as the amount requested is a total credit line of 25k or less. Is this true?

It's water under the bridge for now since I just requested a CLI from 17k-25k and it was already granted, but I'd like to know for any potential future request.

NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 (Opened 1/19) - NFCU Platinum $21000 (Opened 1/21) - TTCU Platinum Visa $10000 (Opened 10/18) - Discover $5500 (Opened 11/21) - Barclays View MC $5000 (Opened 1/19) - Capital One Platinum $3500 (Opened 2/19) - Capital One World Elite MC $1000 (Opened 3/21) - Target Store Card $2000 (Opened 10/18) - Floor & Decor Store Card $42500 (Opened 10/18)
Closed - PenFed $35,000 - Cap1 World Elite MC $11,200
Total CL - $115500

CH7 BK Filed 8/1/17 Discharged 11/7/17

Scores as of 2/18/21:

Inquiries Last 12 Months:
Message 777 of 1,526
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@DebtStinks wrote:

Regarding the CLI process...I heard that NFCU is a soft pull on CLI as long as the amount requested is a total credit line of 25k or less. Is this true?

It's water under the bridge for now since I just requested a CLI from 17k-25k and it was already granted, but I'd like to know for any potential future request.

I have read that if you call in for a cli its a hp, but if you ask via the site on the internet its a sp.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 778 of 1,526
DaYooper
Valued Member

@DebtStinks wrote:

Well, back in April I requested a CLI on my CR. I got the standard COVID 4K increase - from $25k to $29k. No hard pull.

Message 779 of 1,526
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

@DebtStinks wrote:

The only HP for a NFCU CLI request comes from using a phone call to make the request, from what I've seen on these forums.  My family has made many CLI requests online that exceeded 25k and we've never had a HP on those CLI requests.

I have seen it mentioned on MF that a CLI request for credit lines over 25k may cause NFCU to ask for income verification.  None of my family has been asked for IV on any of our CLI requests, but be prepared for that just in case.

Message 780 of 1,526
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.