cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

I never had to provide poi on any cli after 25k. Navy just approved me another 6k increase on my Plat! New limit $9k. Navy is most anazing lender  !

Message 781 of 1,522
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

I never had to provide poi on any cli after 25k. Navy just approved me another 6k increase on my Plat! New limit $9k. Navy is most anazing lender  !

That's awesome, @AverageJoesCreditscreamer.gif

Other than the Platinum, what all do you have with Navy these days?

Message 782 of 1,522
Ivylicious1908
Regular Contributor

Congrats AVG Joe. I also got the 6k love on my Cash Rewards today!!! 💚💚💚💗💗💗

Message 783 of 1,522
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

Thanks @UncleB  i have my pride and joy, the CR at $33K , which is carrying the brunt of Dads debt, and i have another Plat at $15k, also helping out Dad. So $57K no too shabby. I still need to poke the bear and try and get $9k Plat  apr reduced from 6.99 to 5.99 😆 

Message 784 of 1,522
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Ivylicious1908 wrote:

Congrats AVG Joe. I also got the 6k love on my Cash Rewards today!!! 💚💚💚💗💗💗

Thanks Ivy, thats wonderfulSmiley Happy.  Enjoy that increase, im sure it was a  great New Year gift😊

Message 785 of 1,522
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@UncleB wrote:

Thanks @UncleB  i have my pride and joy, the CR at $33K , which is carrying the brunt of Dads debt, and i have another Plat at $15k, also helping out Dad. So $57K no too shabby. I still need to poke the bear and try and get $9k Plat  apr reduced from 6.99 to 5.99 😆 

Wow... that's awesome! Smiley Very Happy

That CR is something to be proud of, indeed! Smiley Very Happy

(Actually, they all are!)

Message 786 of 1,522
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Wow... that's awesome! Smiley Very Happy

That CR is something to be proud of, indeed! Smiley Very Happy

(Actually, they all are!)

Thank you @UncleB  yeah its  been quite an adventure.  Income wise they done gone lost their minds lol but im glad they take into account that im managing the accounts responsibly. Smiley Happy

Message 787 of 1,522
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit Just a quick question. i recently got the nfcu cr with a sl of 3700. i consider my income low at 36000. i am retired but i am under age to collect my 2 pensions, i will be able to collect them in 3 years and that will beef up my income. you have mentioned a few times you dont have high income, do you think i have a shot at higher limits with nfcu with my 36000 annual income? thanks

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 788 of 1,522
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit Just a quick question. i recently got the nfcu cr with a sl of 3700. i consider my income low at 36000. i am retired but i am under age to collect my 2 pensions, i will be able to collect them in 3 years and that will beef up my income. you have mentioned a few times you dont have high income, do you think i have a shot at higher limits with nfcu with my 36000 annual income? thanks

Absolutely! I only wish i could make 36k lol!  Im sub 25k so there is low then there is me haha . To boot  they have given me $57k in credit amongst 3 ccs . Most banks or CUs would not do that.

But seriously you have done the most important thing by getting started and approved. As each cycle where you are eligble to request cli, keep doing so,  try snd maintain good credit habits by using your cards and paying them on time and you will see your history with them grow. I started my journey with a $500 CR and that was at a time when everyone was getting 20-25k limits out the gate. 

I dont think one has to deposit everything to them or spend lavishly but at least use what they give to show  it is appreciated.  . Enjoy the ride, Navy is really there for its membersSmiley Happy

Message 789 of 1,522
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

Absolutely! I only wish i could make 36k lol!  Im sub 25k so there is low then there is me haha . To boot  they have given me $57k in credit amongst 3 ccs . Most banks or CUs would not do that.

But seriously you have done the most important thing by getting started and approved. As each cycle where you are eligble to request cli, keep doing so,  try snd maintain good credit habits by using your cards and paying them on time and you will see your history with them grow. I started my journey with a $500 CR and that was at a time when everyone was getting 20-25k limits out the gate. 

I dont think one has to deposit everything to them or spend lavishly but at least use what they give to show  it is appreciated.  . Enjoy the ride, Navy is really there for its membersSmiley Happy

Message 790 of 1,522
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.