cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Flagship

Highlighted

Navy Federal Flagship

I just joined Navy Federal a few months ago. I appd for the N.F. Amex rewards on 12/22/19 and was approved for SL $500. SM them to recon cl was told they need to see history of good payments. FF to 1/26/19 I was approved for AL refi $27K. When should i app for Flagship CC
EQ 733 TU 742 EX 690
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Flagship

One is eligible at 91/3.
Message 2 of 10
Highlighted

Thank you...should i also ask for cli on More Rewards Amex also at 91/3
Message 3 of 10
Highlighted
Super Contributor

With your $500 SL, it may be 3x current SL. Up to you.

Message 4 of 10
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Enlightened173 wrote:
Thank you...should i also ask for cli on More Rewards Amex also at 91/3

CLI's with NFCU are soft pulls at the moment so it is up to you after 91/3

FICO 8 Scores (Actively rebuilding)

FICO 9 Scores

Inquiries (12/24): EX: 3/5 | TU: 3/4 | EQ: 1/1
AoYA: 1 months | AAoA: 8+ years | AoOA: 12+ years
New Accounts (24 months): 5
7 months until completely clean credit files!
Goal Cards:

Scores started in low 500's | Total CL's: $30,100 | Signature last updated 11/10/2020
Message 5 of 10
Highlighted
Epic Contributor

@Enlightened173 wrote:
I just joined Navy Federal a few months ago. I appd for the N.F. Amex rewards on 12/22/19 and was approved for SL $500. SM them to recon cl was told they need to see history of good payments. FF to 1/26/19 I was approved for AL refi $27K. When should i app for Flagship CC
EQ 733 TU 742 EX 690

You could possibly apply for Flagship at 91/3 Keep in mind, The card has a $5000 minimum SCL.

If they are not willing to give you $5000 it will be a decline. Have you thought about going for a different card other than

The Flagship? .. You can always make The Flagship as your 3rd card. Just some thoughts.

Another thought is ..you could wait on your Flagship app, and build your Internal Score up.

hence the "need to see history of good payments"

Message 6 of 10
Highlighted

Good advice...much appreciated. I think ill garden for six months while the auto loan and more rewards proves good history. Always PIF more rewards..heavy usage.
Message 7 of 10
Highlighted
Valued Member

Are you sure NFCU is a SP right now for a cli? Anyone?

Message 8 of 10
Highlighted

@joshk4u wrote:

Are you sure NFCU is a SP right now for a cli? Anyone?

@joshk4u, for the time being, yes.  Thread below with some recent DPs:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/NFCU-is-no-longer-Hard-Pull-Happy/td-p/585...

Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
Valued Member

Thanks for the info. It worked last night and got the CLI on one card. Does it work on cards that I got 6 months ago or do I need to wait 1yr for the card to be active ? I would hate to get a hard inquiry - does anyone have experience getting a SP on a NFCU card that they have only had 6 months ?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.