Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal UPDATED CLI and 2ND ACCOUNT THREAD

So what is the deal nfcu and the amount of credit they have extended you. Is there a limit? I mean if I have a checking and saving. Can I get a cc, navcheck and still be able to get mortgage or auto loans or is it smart to not get stuff that I really don't need so it doesn't affect future things from them? When I spoke to my agent on the phone she was pushing me to get a cc right then even though I have no need for it.
CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 61 of 17,187
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Future credit is going to be based on debt to income... No debt, no dti to worry about.
Cars and mortgages are only going to really care about the percentage of your income that debt will take to service.
Navy is not any different from other banks in that sense
Message 62 of 17,187
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yes you can pay the credit card through your other banks bill pay... Take the info off your statement as to the address and such.
Message 63 of 17,187
Chilli
Established Contributor

@CA, do u think this is a denial...because I was told that after I submit the documents (proof of physical address) my app will be sent for further review.

Message 64 of 17,187
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Chilli wrote:

@Anonymous, do u think this is a denial...because I was told that after I submit the documents (proof of physical address) my app will be sent for further review.

sounds like approved to me.

Message 65 of 17,187
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

HMm my score are in the 800s. I might get a cc from them and possibly an auto loan down the road and a mortgage ... I guess I won't do navcheck
CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 66 of 17,187
Chilli
Established Contributor

OK...I talked to them and I am able to email them the documents...I will get their decision tomorrow.

Message 67 of 17,187
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Chilli wrote:

OK...I talked to them and I am able to email them the documents...I will get their decision tomorrow.

Smiley Happy

Message 68 of 17,187
Chilli
Established Contributor

@CA...I really have to stop hanging out with you...Smiley Very Happy

My heart is pounding out my freaking chest right now...this took my breath away...literally!

I happen to check to status of the pending app...AND THAT BAD BOY WAS APPROVED!!!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 69 of 17,187
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Chilli wrote:

@Anonymous...I really have to stop hanging out with you...Smiley Very Happy

My heart is pounding out my freaking chest right now...this took my breath away...literally!

I happen to check to status of the pending app...AND THAT BAD BOY WAS APPROVED!!!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

YES YES YES! Congrats!

Message 70 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.