Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Promise @stinastina? Are you talking about your PenFed card? I can't help you as they turned me down Smiley Happy. But congrats on the CLI! Smiley Happy
Message 4531 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stinastina wrote:

This Navy step-child was finally given some love without having to beg ! I got an email today that my Promise was bumped p to $2000 from $1000. I have had the card for over a year in May, so I was going to ask for a 6 month cli in November. 

I don't think I've ever read that they just handed out cli's by email - does that happen ? I logged in to double check and it was there. So what do I do about the 6 month cli ? Just forget about it ? I'm in the garden so I'd rather not do a hard pull but I also would rather not miss out on any blessings.

Navy or Penfed...a CLI is a CLI and a huge congrats to you for doubling the CL!!! 

If it was Navy then you would be on the 'ol 6 month clock.

@If it was PenFed then double cheers to you @stinastina...I'm not holding my breathe for PenFed to ever send me an auto CLI lol!!!

Have a great weekend with that new availability my friend!!

Smiley Very Happy 

Message 4532 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Even through the darkest hours , there is still an attempt to be made in November for cli, c'mon Navy show the ol' dog a new chew toySmiley Happy
Message 4533 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, after my success with SP CLI'a with both Discover and AMEX, I figured I'd unlock EQ for NFCU.

Gasp

Denied...

What should I do?

My new balances haven't even reported yet, I'm almost certain they'll bring me up into the 700s again.

NFCU seems to be unusually stingy with me - only have $2300 with them and they are resistant to give me anymore.

Don't want to incur another HP, possible to recon?
Message 4534 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still wondering if anyone has ever had a CLI approved while carrying a balance? I'm just over 50% utilization on my Visa Rwd's card.
Message 4535 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also curious to know. I did a balance transfer late august and won't be done paying it off by the 91 days/3 statements. Should I even bother requesting an increase?
Message 4536 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sd, when are you pulling the trigger on the CLI my friend?

Smiley Very Happy

Message 4537 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm still wondering if anyone has ever had a CLI approved while carrying a balance? I'm just over 50% utilization on my Visa Rwd's card.

@Air, my fiance got one from $5500-$22K when she had a couple grand on the card and there are many people who have mentioned they got a CLI with even higher utilization.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 4538 of 17,187
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous we went from 2500 to 17k when we had about 70% UTI on our GoRewards card.
Message 4539 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's nice to hear about util/cli. Mine is around 7-8%. Hope it stays that way.lol

Message 4540 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.