Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@KayJ.  Congrats on the new SL...   Same thing happened to me, denied CLI but got a new card instant.   I did get one 2 months later when my original card hit 6 months tho.

Message 4961 of 17,187
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

I'm not sure I was quite aware of how many hard pulls you all were taking for Navy. I submitted my request for CLI and new card (11-7 same day) and both were declined although I didnt expect 2 hard pulls but it happened. I called to speak with a rep just to see why they were declined and I've already posted that I was given the too new reason and she suggested that I wait until the card is 6 mos and try again. Just to give more data points about my file and membership. I started my membership with Navy in February of this year. Applied for cash rewards and declined (2 hard pulls). Fast forward to 7/31/17 (TU fico 683) applied for cash rewards again and approved with SL of $14,000, applied for cloc declined. Waited 96+ days, 3 statements, both declined, TU fico 9 690 (Navy website). 

I also opened a total 7 accounts around the same time I opened Navy. So I do not think I will request another CLI or new card until my account is a year old. My goal is to garden until October 2018, when most of my hard pulls fall off my other 2 reports. Navy has pull TU each time I've applied for anything except the cloc. My other 2 files are frozen and I will be freezing TU as of today as well. I'll be cheering everyone else on from the sidelines. My credit goals are more important to me than hard pulls. So I will be on the sidelines for now! 

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 4962 of 17,187
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

Over half the inquiries on my EQ are from Navy Fed!

Message 4963 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cher, yup...HP's for everything at Navy! 

Gardening is always a great plan that will reap great rewards!! I'll look for you in the garden my friend!!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 4964 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MakeItAMudLight wrote:

Over half the inquiries on my EQ are from Navy Fed!

@Anonymous lol...I totally agree! Some of them have been well worth it and some not so much. I never mind when it works in my favor but when I get the HP and a denial...ugh...but I will say that knowing it's 'HP-orama' at Navy has made me more diciplined about when I go for a product or CLI (or at least that's what I'm telling myself lol)!

Message 4965 of 17,187
peghede
Valued Contributor

Question ,would u rather have,3 navy cards @ 25k each , or 2  navy cards @ 37.5k each.

need to make decision here.thx m8's

Message 4966 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@peghede wrote:

@Anonymous ,would u rather have,3 navy cards @ 25k each , or 2  navy cards @ 37.5k each.

need to make decision here.thx m8's

Wow, that's a tough choice lol.   I would like even 25k total between my two cards.  Smiley Very Happy I am no where near your level, but I would think that 2 at 37.5 would just be over kill, versus 25k on three cards and keeps the util down and more cards you can have a balance on without the hit of 50% cards on fico score.   Plus different cards different benefits you can get with each kind

Message 4967 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Peghede, since you faught hard for the 3 it might be best to keep 3 at 25k but in reality i think 2 cards with Navy is sufficient i wouldnt mind 37.5 k on 2. Tuff choice.
Message 4968 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for CLI 4 days ago and haven't heard anything or received a letter yet. No change in my limit either.
Message 4969 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright so tomorrow is my big day man 91 days seems like forever do I have to wait till morning or Can I hit it up right at midnight I’m a night owl so was just curious
Message 4970 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.