Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
ohjoy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Navy Federal UPDATED CLI and 2ND ACCOUNT THREAD

wrote:

wrote:

Hi guys. So, I just did my first CLI for MR. I was originally approved for $15K and then requested $25K, which I received. But, I'm wonderining if I've left some limit on the table. The CLI request said that I could request $500-$50K. I stayed at $25K in my request because the consensus seems to be that that's the magic threshhold number. But what if I requested more than $25K? What if I asked for, say, $40K? Is the only problem that there might be a POI request (I'd prefer not to but I can)? I mean, what would would have been a likely outcome if I'd put the full $50K? Anyone get a cli over $25K with MR?

For some reason, I'm feeling like I wasted a cli request and shortchanged myself. I know. I know. I should be grateful (and am. really) for the $10K increase. But I can't help wondering and it's bugging me.

Comments? (and be nice. i'm a brat about everything. i mean no harm)

From what i know anything over 25k is POI, but i'm not sure what that entails at Navy.   If you do feel like you have more in the "internal tank" at navy, you can always go for the third card, get the remaining amount you have left with another one. 

Would going for a 3rd card now mean another HP?

Here's what I have now:

MR $25K

SCR $14K

CLOC $15K

I'm scheduled for CLI on SCR in May. 

Also, I'm usually PIF but, I've been taking full advantage of 0% BT offer lately. Just thought I'd throw that in.

Starting Score (May 2017): 584 TU
Current Scores: 752 TU, 717 EQ, 750 EX

Goal Score: 820+

Message 6051 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Initial SL, I guess the Flagship can go to 80k idk, took me a few months to get a 2nd card and CLOC, cloc was maxed and 2nd card I had to wait for the soft pull CLI's to get up to 25k.  

Wow, that is a killer SL.    I know they have tightened up some, but that show its more than i thought.   Still great CU tho. 

Message 6052 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Here's what I have now:

MR $25K

SCR $14K

CLOC $15K

Also, I'm usually PIF but, I've been taking full advantage of 0% BT offer lately. Just thought I'd throw that in.

For a new card, i would say yes for the HP.   As for the balance on the acct, i have seen DP where the person had 70-80% UTIL, but was making large payments and they still gave them the CLI, so with good payment history UTIL doesnt seem to be a factor.  

For the CLI, if you can time it around the AR there is a chance for an SP.   From the DP's i've seen and what i have experienced, Everything is an HP, the only time i got something by SP was a CLI after six months (denied 91/3 CLI)  and the system approved it.  

Message 6053 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Hi guys. So, I just did my first CLI for MR. I was originally approved for $15K and then requested $25K, which I received. But, I'm wonderining if I've left some limit on the table. The CLI request said that I could request $500-$50K. I stayed at $25K in my request because the consensus seems to be that that's the magic threshhold number. But what if I requested more than $25K? What if I asked for, say, $40K? Is the only problem that there might be a POI request (I'd prefer not to but I can)? I mean, what would would have been a likely outcome if I'd put the full $50K? Anyone get a cli over $25K with MR?

For some reason, I'm feeling like I wasted a cli request and shortchanged myself. I know. I know. I should be grateful (and am. really) for the $10K increase. But I can't help wondering and it's bugging me.

From what i know anything over 25k is POI, but i'm not sure what that entails at Navy.   If you do feel like you have more in the "internal tank" at navy, you can always go for the third card, get the remaining amount you have left with another one. 

Here's what I have now:

MR $25K

SCR $14K

CLOC $15K

I always consider everthing at Navy is going to be a HP and then if it isn't, it's a nice surprise. If you decide to wait it out for the CLI attempt in May or try for a third card, I wouldn't worry about the BT utilization. 

@ohjoy, I forgot to say before....wow, congrats on those scores! That is some serious work in 9 months! Awesome!!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 6054 of 17,187
ebruno6869
Valued Member

Thoughts... When applying for the 3rd card (9/1 amex $500 sl , 12/26 CR $15000 both done online) does calling in to apply vs applying one line appear to have any effect on SL? Cant apply til April 1 (91/3 ) but I might be a tad obbsessed with this 3rd card! Also have a cloc line 5000 from 12/31 if that dp will effect? 

Starting Score: 677
Current Score: 729
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6055 of 17,187
ohjoy
Frequent Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Here's what I have now:

MR $25K

SCR $14K

CLOC $15K

I always consider everthing at Navy is going to be a HP and then if it isn't, it's a nice surprise. If you decide to wait it out for the CLI attempt in May or try for a third card, I wouldn't worry about the BT utilization. 

@ohjoy, I forgot to say before....wow, congrats on those scores! That is some serious work in 9 months! Awesome!!

Smiley Very Happy

*Biggest blushing grin EVERRRRRRR* Smiley Happy  Thanks NFCU changed my liiiiife!!!!

Starting Score (May 2017): 584 TU
Current Scores: 752 TU, 717 EQ, 750 EX

Goal Score: 820+

Message 6056 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Thoughts... When applying for the 3rd card (9/1 amex $500 sl , 12/26 CR $15000 both done online) does calling in to apply vs applying one line appear to have any effect on SL? Cant apply til April 1 (91/3 ) but I might be a tad obbsessed with this 3rd card! Also have a cloc line 5000 from 12/31 if that dp will effect? 

I have done all my cards online, 3 approvals at 1k 4k and 15k.  my CLOC i had to do over the phone.   I honlestly didnt notice a difference, as its still upto the system.   I like the online method better whenever possible. 

Message 6057 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

*Biggest blushing grin EVERRRRRRR* Smiley Happy  Thanks NFCU changed my liiiiife!!!!

That is an awesome turn around..  Smiley Happy

Message 6058 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

So its Official..  i logged in and clicked the apply now link on the GoRewards card.  (not 91/3 yet, but was playing around).....

It put up a msg that i already have 3 accounts and i'm at the maximum, couldnt even fill out an app.    3 IS the limit. 

So if i dont get a good CLI and i still have to have a huge limit, i'll have to kill one and reapp. 

Message 6059 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Call em up Jago and let them know you wanna make myFico history by becoming the 1st to 4Smiley Happy. Play to their hearts not their SkynetsSmiley Wink

OhJoy, fantastic workSmiley Happy Great seeing you aroundSmiley Wink
Message 6060 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.