Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Batsamandrobin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I wanted to add some data for those applying to NFCU credit cards. I recently applied for the cashRewards card and was approved for $25k at the lowest 11.15% rate. I received a courtesy letter today detailing the credit pull. As many have stated NFCU pulls Equifax for their credit cards. Based on the score from the letter it appears they used the Equifax FICO Score 5, as it's the only one that matched my previous results I pulled just previous to the application. At the time of my application my FICO Score 5 was 706.

Hope this helps anyone looking to apply.

Just wanted to add that I don't believe a CC application with NFCU will be a guaranteed EQ pull. They definitely pulled EQ when I applied for a CLOC, but all my CC applications with them have resulted in a Transunion pull. 

This is correct. Please see the giantic NFCU thread for more data points, OP. TU for cards, EQ for CLOC. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional-Cards/m-p/3419729#M15410

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 7141 of 17,187
stinastina
Established Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Easy to enjoy the happiness when you got 70k in credit with them. I have $500 Smiley Sad

Don't feel bad. I was once the Navy step child with the $500 limit. It took a whole year before they gave me a shot and then a few months later, I got an auto cli. Then I was able to get CLOCs as well. I don't have big limits ($6k is my highest) but I'm happy for the chance to have credit and better scores.

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 7142 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

The answer to NFCU is to always wait 6 months before requesting CLI 😂😂😂
Message 7143 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was approved just this past week for  a 5K increase @ 91/3 on my Flagship (now at 15K) so I pretty much assume this 6 month thing I keep seeing about Navy a fallacy.  Navy has their own internal scoring mechanisim that determines whether you will be approved or not depending on your individual history.

Message 7144 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Might be interesing  as a data point that I asked for just 5k as an increase and no more,  so I more than likely left some on the table.

Message 7145 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Was approved just this past week for  a 5K increase @ 91/3 on my Flagship (now at 15K) so I pretty much assume this 6 month thing I keep seeing about Navy a fallacy.  Navy has their own internal scoring mechanisim that determines whether you will be approved or not depending on your individual history.

Congrats on the 5k.  I'm pretty sure you left money on the table, but if that is all you wanted then you did great.  The 91/3 does still work, however for people with lesser profiles or lower incomes, the 6 month rule is more likely then it used to be. 

Message 7146 of 17,187
stinastina
Established Contributor

Welp, I asked for an increase on one of my CLOC accounts. Went from 1k to 10k ! I am so tempted to app for the coveted Amex. Do they pull TU for cards or EQ ?

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 7147 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stinastina wrote:

Welp, I asked for an increase on one of my CLOC accounts. Went from 1k to 10k ! I am so tempted to app for the coveted Amex. Do they pull TU for cards or EQ ?

Tu for new card accts.   EQ for CLOC and CLI. 

Message 7148 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats Stina on a huge increase in the ClocSmiley Happy

I guess my next big Navy goal is to get my $500 Plat some big boy pantsSmiley Happy
Message 7149 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

6/9/2018 Requested CLI on my Cash Rewards (93/3).  Request $10,000 increase from $20,000 to $30,000, went to review - HP EQ.  As of today 6/11/2018 have not received a response, so I sent secure message.  While waiting for a decision, app'd for 3rd credit card, More Rewards Amex and received instant approval - $12,000 sl, APR 16/49% (high but pif) = HP TU.

6/11/2018

Fico 9 

Inq. 12 months                      

EQ

720             10

TU

716             6

EX

716             13

Message 7150 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.