Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

Happy July 4th!

Well...pulled the trigger this morning...approved for an Amex MR (third card!!!), CLOC and still waiting on the CLI...I'm also considering applying for an auto refinance, but, I've been doubling up on my car payments, so, the interest rate may not matter at this point.

I wasn't planning to apply for the new card because I didn't want to disturb my AAoA...but, when the CLI wasn't automatically approved (despite my score increasing 80 points!!!), I figured, why not...

Wondering if since I already took a hit, should I creep around the PenFed site Smiley Wink

Edited to add...AR done, but everything was an HP...although the CLOC and CLI may have been the same HP (although the CLI HP may not have happened yet, since it went to 24 hour review)

Have a great day my friends!

Happy hump day!

Congrats to everyone who had a successful AR month!!

Wanted to chime in with an update and some data points. First, NFCU rewarded me with a new cc, a cloc, no cli...and 3 HPs!!! 

The CLI was declined, but once I received the denial letter (reached maximum unsecured limit), I sent a recon secured message. We'll see. My NFCU score is 316/F9 is 657. My last 30 day late was 18mos ago--but, it was on my student loans, so it is reported as 10 lates! I have 4 paid COs and 1 paid coll...all from 2012. My uti is under 25%. 12 inq/CRA. All of my baddies are scheduled to fall off in July 2019 (can't wait to see that report!!!). I did not receive a CLI on my $4600 CR, but, they gave me a $15k MR. Oh, Navy! 

Have a nice evening...I'm going to the Garden...my only step out, will be for a mortgage.

Have a great night!

Message 7541 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally an approval! My wife was approved for the nRewards Secured. This is our foot in the door with NFCU. Thanks everyone!!
Message 7542 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

So glad to hear it! Congratulations! I just started with them last week and it's so exciting.

Message 7543 of 17,187
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Finally an approval! My wife was approved for the nRewards Secured. This is our foot in the door with NFCU. Thanks everyone!!

Awesome news!!  screamer.gif

Message 7544 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uncle B, now that I'm in with NFCU what are your thoughts about PenFed?

Message 7545 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Awesome news!!  screamer.gif

+1.   Congrats.   It wont be long and Navy will have you swimming in high limit cards Smiley Happy

Message 7546 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So glad to hear it! Congratulations! I just started with them last week and it's so exciting.

Congrats.    little bit of history and you'll be set.  it was only a little over a year ago i started with Navy.  It doesnt take long. 

Message 7547 of 17,187
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

PenFed is great for many people... I don't have anything with them since when I was busy adding cards PenFed was going through a phase where they were denying people for "Pyramiding Debt" (thus all the "Egyptian" jokes) and I would have likely fallen under that.  They are said to have eased up somewhat now, but as I'm all set I've still not joined them - I've found NFCU and USAA to suit me well.  Smiley Happy

There is a PenFed data points thread that you might find helpful, and there's no shortage of folks around here who have been very successful with them!  Smiley Wink

Message 7548 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

PenFed is great for many people... I don't have anything with them since when I was busy adding cards PenFed was going through a phase where they were denying people for "Pyramiding Debt" (thus all the "Egyptian" jokes) and I would have likely fallen under that.  They are said to have eased up somewhat now, but as I'm all set I've still not joined them - I've found NFCU and USAA to suit me well.  Smiley Happy

There is a PenFed data points thread that you might find helpful, and there's no shortage of folks around here who have been very successful with them!  Smiley Wink

USAA is great if you were in the service or had it handed down.. i was not so lucky.   Navy and PF for me Smiley Wink

Message 7549 of 17,187
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

USAA is great if you were in the service or had it handed down.. i was not so lucky.   Navy and PF for me Smiley Wink

Yeah, I got really lucky with USAA myself.  I helped my grandfather join and purchase a cheap jewelry policy in late 2013, and he passed in 2016. 

Because of that one little $30 policy, my father, aunts, cousins, sister and myself are now all eligible for USAA products as well.  I knew about USAA due to my brothers who are members (they served so they qualify on their own).  I do my primary banking with them, and have a couple of their cards as well.  They aren't the best at everything, but the things they do well they are as solid as a rock.

For me USAA and NFCU work really well together; I'm sure for folks with NFCU and PenFed it's much the same. Smiley Very Happy

Message 7550 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.