Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Good to know and thank you!

Message 7551 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. I will check it out. I just got a car loan in May and NFCU and Victoria Secrets (I know, I was weak and stupid the other day...lesson learned though) so I might need to go into the garden for at least 6 months (maybe a year?) and let them grow before I do PenFed. I will be looking for a "seedling" from you soon please. Smiley Happy

Message 7552 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB

Because of that one little $30 policy, my father, aunts, cousins, sister and myself are now all eligible for USAA products as well.  I knew about USAA due to my brothers who are members (they served so they qualify on their own).  I do my primary banking with them, and have a couple of their cards as well.  They aren't the best at everything, but the things they do well they are as solid as a rock.

For me USAA and NFCU work really well together; I'm sure for folks with NFCU and PenFed it's much the same. Smiley Very Happy

For the most part. no 2.5% limitless tho Smiley Wink   PF is much more conservative than Navy, but still good.   Same as any other lender, where two profiles could be very close and one gets everything and the other gets decent, but not fantasic.    Very good loan rates, so that saves them even tho they tightened up on limits/CLI's.   

Message 7553 of 17,187
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok. I will check it out. I just got a car loan in May and NFCU and Victoria Secrets (I know, I was weak and stupid the other day...lesson learned though) so I might need to go into the garden for at least 6 months (maybe a year?) and let them grow before I do PenFed. I will be looking for a "seedling" from you soon please. Smiley Happy

It looks like you just upranked, so you permissions should have been updated allowing you to add it yourself.  Smiley Happy  Of course I'm always around if you need assistance.  Smiley Wink

Message 7554 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It looks like you just upranked, so you permissions should have been updated allowing you to add it yourself.  Smiley Happy  Of course I'm always around if you need assistance.  Smiley Wink

Congrats scarlett..         When is mine going up UB?  Smiley Happy

Message 7555 of 17,187
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats scarlett..         When is mine going up UB?  Smiley Happy

LOL... I wish I was privy to the magic formula, but they tell us nothing.  Smiley Sad

All I can contribute is that kudos mean nothing, and the rank is based on time spent on the forum, number of posts, length of membership, and (oddly) number of logins.  Oh, and the cut-off's are all odd numbers, to prevent people from gaming the system.

That's all I got.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 7556 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

As usual, leave it to Navy to be cryptic. My attempt at 4 cards ended with this message in letter received yesterday:

EXTENUATING FACTORS EXIST REGARDING YOUR NFCU ACCOUNTSSmiley Wink

Message 7557 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
As usual, leave it to Navy to be cryptic. My attempt at 4 cards ended with this message in letter received yesterday:

EXTENUATING FACTORS EXIST REGARDING YOUR NFCU ACCOUNTSSmiley Wink

I just posted the same one yesterday.    when i called they said i had 3 accts and that was the max.   guess they dont know peghede Smiley Wink

Message 7558 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB

All I can contribute is that kudos mean nothing, and the rank is based on time spent on the forum, number of posts, length of membership, and (oddly) number of logins.  Oh, and the cut-off's are all odd numbers, to prevent people from gaming the system.

That's all I got.  Smiley Frustrated

LOL... I wish I was privy to the magic formula, but they tell us nothing.  Smiley Sad

@UncleB   MFer's gaming the system.. that never happens here. Not like its a spend bonus LOL 

Message 7559 of 17,187
kugel
Valued Contributor

Just got the denial letter for cli on my 25k cash rewards cards applied on July 4
reason I am at the max with Nfcu

The big joke with navy is five minutes after applying for the cli I did the go rewards and was approved 12 hours later for 25k lol
Message 7560 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.