Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

Update:  I applied for a CLI on 11/28, got the 24hour message, a HP from EQ, and then never heard anything.  I was certain this was a denial.  The same day, I also applied for a new Platinum card, and was approved for a 8.8k limit.  Today, six days later, I was actually granted a 1.5K CLI from the original request.  I wasn't expecting it at this point, but I got it!

Congrats on the card and CLI!

It is starting to sound like I can expect my CLI request to go to review on Monday but as long as I don’t apply for a new card instead of waiting, I should have a good chance for a CLI. As Navy doesn’t actually have a better card for me than the cashRewards, I guess that is what I will do. 

Congrats again! Smiley Happy

Message 8701 of 17,187
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Data point on CLI request:
Platinum card 40k->43500 (had requested 50k), EQ FICO 9 at 757
HP, pulled score was 710, which sounds like EQ FICO 5.
Have 2 cards + CLOC
Waited 6 months +1 week from last CLI to apply
Reason given for not granting 50k: "You've reached Navy Federal's
maximum unsecured credit limit" Unsecured credit total w/Navy now
81500 including 10k business credit

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 8702 of 17,187
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

DH received a sp CLI yesterday. It also looks like Navy updated his Fico for the third month in a row. Are they doing that monthly now? 

Message 8703 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like they updated mine too. I wonder if that means I have a good chance for a SP on the 10th. 

Message 8704 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bees18 wrote:

DH received a sp CLI yesterday. It also looks like Navy updated his Fico for the third month in a row. Are they doing that monthly now? 

I was actually wondering this too because I noticed mine updated.  Thought maybe it was because of my SSL I just opened this week, they did it.  Jumped 30+ points too and as far as I can tell, isn't because of the SSL, but because of some lowering of utilization I did this month.  Surprised to see that it had that much of an effect.  Can't wait for the SSL to start reporting and doing it's magic!  Smiley Surprised

Message 8705 of 17,187
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Yup our scores updated too, up 10 pointsSmiley Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 8706 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update got lucky and instead of closing Platinum $5k and getting my cash to $26,000 I got the new NFCU Amex More Rewards $5k (3 Nfcu Cards)
Message 8707 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve got the 91/3 itch to pull tomorrow (exactly 91 days) but I paid Discover to 0 which should report on Monday so I am going to be patient.

These approvals are making it really hard to wait! Smiley Very Happy
Message 8708 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Luck
Message 8709 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need the luck to maintain my patience! Haha.

Congrats on the approval though. I would shoot for another card but the cashRewards is the best card for me so I would rather grow it.
Message 8710 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.