Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

So when our scores update on NFCU that mean they did an AR? And that means we can app and possible SP?

If so, how long is it good for? I hit 91/3 next Friday and want to app a new card. I have the platinum and am trying to figure which to get next. There really isn't any rewards that would benefit me. So I was thinking of either their Amex or Flagship. I imagine the flagship has tougher qualifications. But is it that much harder to get? My fico 9 today was 758 with them(EQ). If they use TU fico 9 for new cards like I think I read was 742 on 11/6 so expecting tomorrow perhaps to get a new one. But all of my scores have gone up since then. Hopefully it is at least flat. 

I am mainly looking just for higher limits and better chance of approval. Any suggestions which to go for? 

Message 8711 of 17,187
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So when our scores update on NFCU that mean they did an AR? And that means we can app and possible SP?

If so, how long is it good for? I hit 91/3 next Friday and want to app a new card. I have the platinum and am trying to figure which to get next. There really isn't any rewards that would benefit me. So I was thinking of either their Amex or Flagship. I imagine the flagship has tougher qualifications. But is it that much harder to get? My fico 9 today was 758 with them(EQ). If they use TU fico 9 for new cards like I think I read was 742 on 11/6 so expecting tomorrow perhaps to get a new one. But all of my scores have gone up since then. Hopefully it is at least flat. 

I am mainly looking just for higher limits and better chance of approval. Any suggestions which to go for? 

I don't think you have a snowball's chance in Havana of getting another card via SP. Sorry, Navy loves their HP's too much.

There have been instances of cli's with SP after AR but never count on it- expect a HP and be pleasantly surprised if it's a SP.

If you go for a cli and a new card, you might be looking at 2 HPs. They pull different CBs for each.

Your scores are good but gotta consider your uti & income. Navy isn't as score focused as many lenders.

GOOD LUCK, when you jump. crossed_fingers.gif

Message 8712 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

My util on their card is 15%. Overall is less than 5%. I'm doing AZEO and I chose them to be the one since my platinum is 7.99%. My lowest interest card. My income is in the low 6 figures and total cl from all of my cards is 31k. So I have to think I have credit left available to me. 

Message 8713 of 17,187
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My util on their card is 15%. Overall is less than 5%. I'm doing AZEO and I chose them to be the one since my platinum is 7.99%. My lowest interest card. My income is in the low 6 figures and total cl from all of my cards is 31k. So I have to think I have credit left available to me. 

Yep, you probably do.

Just leap when you can afford the HPs and be happy if you get a cli without one. PEACESIGN.gif

Message 8714 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy's criteria is unpredictable at best.

I have 6 months/6 statements and requested a cli a couple of days ago; requested 15k on my cash rewards, and received 1500. 

I thought maybe i left a zero out of my request, so I sent a secure message for recon. No dice. And the measly increase was a HP.

My data points:

7 cards AZEO, total UTI is 3%

two closed, PIF collections, several years old.

Stellar payment history. NO lates ever.

Student Loans deferred and reporting 100%, and simply killing my scores, I can only surmise that this is killing me with Navy as well.

I'm extremely disappointed as i've gotten very little love from them, and my credit (although young) looks pretty good. All scores are in high 600's.

Best of luck to you.

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think you have a snowball's chance in Havana of getting another card via SP. Sorry, Navy loves their HP's too much.

There have been instances of cli's with SP after AR but never count on it- expect a HP and be pleasantly surprised if it's a SP.

If you go for a cli and a new card, you might be looking at 2 HPs. They pull different CBs for each.

Your scores are good but gotta consider your uti & income. Navy isn't as score focused as many lenders.

GOOD LUCK, when you jump. crossed_fingers.gif

Message 8715 of 17,187
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

I had posted earlier about my nRewards graduating on the 23rd of November and that I was being teased by a Flagship offer in my my offers section.  I was not going to app as I thought they had certainly made a mistake. 

I realised that both INQs on TU and EQ had aged off and figured what bad could come of this?

I applied... 30 second later...

Instant approval for $8k. 

Pulled TU, 597 FICO 09

4 collections 4 years old, multiple charge offs nearly 5 years old.

27 months of perfect payment history on my secured nRewards, PIF for 5 months... and have a 8% balance SSL.

75K income, 18% DTI

I am no longer torn about getting another secured card or waiting for scores to rise as I have 3 revolvers now, a $5k GoRewards, the $8k Flagship and my $1k Discover Secured.  This was not in the realm of imagined possibility 3 weeks ago.  I thought another secured was where I was going next and had funds deposited in two CU's as I tried to decide which one to go for.  NFCU changed that plan.  Just Wow.

Update:  NFCU Internal Score was 291 at time of approval

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 8716 of 17,187
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

Awesome congrats @spiritcraft1

Message 8717 of 17,187
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

I had posted earlier about my nRewards graduating on the 23rd of November and that I was being teased by a Flagship offer in my my offers section.  I was not going to app as I thought they had certainly made a mistake. 

I realised that both INQs on TU and EQ had aged off and figured what bad could come of this?

Pulled TU, 597 FICO 09

27 months of perfect payment history on my secured nRewards, PIF for 5 months... and have a 8% balance SSL.

75K income, 18% DTI

I am no longer torn about getting another secured card or waiting for scores to rise as I have 3 revolvers now, a $5k GoRewards, the $8k Flagship and my $1k Discover Secured.  This was not in the realm of imagined possibility 3 weeks ago.  I thought another secured was where I was going next and had funds deposited in two CU's as I tried to decide which one to go for.  NFCU changed that plan.  Just Wow.

Great job!  screamer.gif

Navy never ceases to amaze... 

Message 8718 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Pulled TU, 597 FICO 09

75K income, 18% DTI

Congrats.   They did the same for me, as i only had 2 secured cards and figured they would tell me i would have to get a third and surprised me with an unsecured one.   Navy is a great CU.

Message 8719 of 17,187
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

On the surface it's insane but I can assure you that they did make a sound financial decision. What brought me down 5 years ago will not be happening again and I will likely be a great NFCU customer for life. I am looking forward to seeing my internal score as well.

I will maybe try for CLI's in a few months and go for the AMEX in 9-12 months. The GoRewards and Flagship might turn into big CLs in the future and I can just let these grow and provide more positive history.

This thread and reading maybe 700-800 posts within gave me enough evidence to give this app a shot tonight. History with them matters, period.

I also realized tonight that individual offers in the my offers section go away after you click them, follow them and don't move forward. The Flagship offer had gone away 10 days ago but that was apparently because I followed the link and started an app but never went through with it. It then disappeared from my offers. Apparently it was still there, still a real offer but was not showing.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 8720 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.