Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

@Valdos919 wrote:

From what I have read on these forums, it is on target. I recently applied for my second cc and was denied due to bankruptcy. I sent a secure message and they wrote back saying that a second cc would not be approved until my bk was 24 post discharge. Will be looking to apply on March 1 , 2019 as I will be 25 months post discharge.

So, like I've said previously in this thread and I believe your thread on this subject specifically; I just hit 2 years in December.  I applied again before 25 months, but after my discharge date (maybe premature, not sure) and got denied for the new card and CLI with bankruptcy/max unsecure limit.  I inquired with them before and after about this "2 year" rule and both people I spoke to, came back saying they don't know about it and/or no such thing, both of which apparently consulted a supervisor.  I know, that can be taken with a grain of salt.  But also did notice the reasoning on the back for what affects my score with them stating "no open line that's 2+ years old".  So...maybe you have to be post 2 years AND have a line that's 2 years old?  I'm not sure.  Oldest open one I have is 1y2m, since I closed my CreditOne which was my oldest and then merged my second oldest one (QS1) with a newer Platinum that I PC'd to a QS.

Have read many stories on here that it appears NFCU either loves/hates you, in which case PenFed seems to feel the total opposite.  So I decided WTH and hit up PenFed (opened it + NFCU the same week back in May of '18 & PenFed denied me credit then and a few months later) the same day and I got approved for a $4000 SL on a Promise.  Called and tried to recon a bit more to take advantage of the BT offer with out crazifying it's utilization to at least $7000-$10000 and was told that right now, I was at the max.  But, give it another month, maybe 2 and he said he'd personally have no issue with bumping me up after I have a bit more history with the card.  

i wouldnt take a Penfed cst word at face value, imo. History means nothing to them and 2 months is not history. They will either give you more or they wont.  My opinion of course but  people have a better chance with Navy of growing with their cards than Penfed.

Message 8911 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards UPDATE

@Anonymous wrote:
So just to update everybody, for those who are interested. I just got off the phone with a Navy Federal rep who reached out to me. She stated she completely understands my side of things and wanted to figure out a way to fix it. TL;DR the phone call ended with her getting my AMEX reopened up.

When I say this is the only issue I’ve ever had with NFCU I wasn’t lying. And the second an issue does happen, they are quick as hell to correct the situation. I seriously love these guys.

seriously awesome. Were that Penfed, you would lol out of luckSmiley Wink

Message 8912 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

New member with NFCU but was approved for PLOC at 15k. CST stated a second pull was required for a CC app. Can anyone verify this?
Message 8913 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yes, Navy hard pulls for everything and A Cloc is different department than CC. Even a Ploc would be separate. Expect hps for all products you apply . Crazy i know but that's NavySmiley Wink
Message 8914 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot to mention in my last post; in a secured message thread with a rep before my phone call...

Navy has new agreement with American Express. You can now PC to their More Rewards card from (I think) everything, since I was first offered to PC from my nRewards and then from my cashRewards before I restated I wanted both if possible.

"We also apologize that you were advised you could not complete a product change to the More Rewards American Express card. That policy has recently changed due to new agreements with American Express, and at your request, your Signature cashRewards card can now be converted to a More Rewards American Express Card."

Message 8915 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Excellent Data Point, thanks for sharingSmiley Happy
Message 8916 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Im confused @Anonymous. What cards did you have? Did they give you a new Amex after transfering your limit . Your post is a little hard to follow. Please list what you had and what you now have with Navy.

When i was able to transfer my limits from my Amex and Plat, i was specifically told those cards would be closed which i understood and acknowledged. Thanks

1. I had cashRewards and Secured card. Secured nRewards graduates

2. Secured message asking about a CLI to nRewards and if I could PC to Amex

3. Called after a day or two of no response on secured message

4. Told guy I wanted to A) PC nRewards to Amex if I can't B) close nRewards and move CL to cashRewards or if neither can be done C) keep account open, but don't use it

5. Rep tells me he will need to create a message to the back office for my request

6. I tell him okay

7. He asks if I'm okay with losing points, I say yes

8. Tells me I will hear something via secured message within 1-2 days

9. Original secured message is responded to by NFCU saying I can PC to AMEX and asking if I wish to do this, I say yes

10. Account shows on NFCU page as AMEX the next day

11. A couple days ago the account disappears, figure it might be updating since "new" account

12. I send NFCU a secured message yesterday asking about auto loan questions and confirming if my AMEX recieves new card offers

13. They respond to message saying my account was close so I call into NFCU

14. They said I requested the account to be closed and to have CL moved to cashRewards

So what they are saying is partially true. I requested the account to be closed and CL moved BUT ONLY IF I couldn't PC to Amex, which clearly I was able to!

I tried to  combine my limits and close an account and they told me that they dont do this. : ( 

can someone advise.

I wanted to closed my close my nrewards card and combine the limit to my platinum and then in like a month or 2 open the flagship.

Message 8917 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is actually "against" their policy to close and move CLs now. Can't remember when that changed. I guess if you word it a certain way, kind of like I did, then they are more willing to, but they have to send in a request to the back office team or whatever.

Message 8918 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s absurd. A cloc, a CC, and. an auto lid require three pulls in one day? 🤦🏻‍♂️
Message 8919 of 17,187
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
It’s absurd. A cloc, a CC, and. an auto lid require three pulls in one day? 🤦🏻‍♂️

Yep... welcome to NFCU.  Smiley Happy

If you call they might be able to use one HP for an auto loan and for a CLOC, since those are the same department, but it's going to be YMMV.  If you apply online you'll most likely get a HP for each product regardless, though.

Message 8920 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.