Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Limits can be moved but it is on a case by case basis. This is one reason one should build up some history with their cards ,preferably a year, imo only, so that when you make such requests, you may have a better chance.
Message 8921 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah NFCU values relationships. They understandably don’t want people churning their cards. If you’re at max exposure with them and you apply for a new card, they will offer to take some of the CL from your existing card(s) to open the new one and on a case by case basis they will merge cards but it seems to be very YMMV. 

Message 8922 of 17,187
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

DH hit his 6 months with his go rewards card. He got CLI from 5K-15K

Navy score 760

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 8923 of 17,187
kugel
Valued Contributor

On Jan 4 I did the Cli on my Amex it’s was 6 months from last Cli and was declined
Still waiting for the letter
But I I just pulled the Equifax report and I didn’t see any inquiry form navy so what does that mean did they pull something else
or because I’m At the maximum credir limit with NFCU so no pull is done ?
Message 8924 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I plan to use my 0% offer on my Go Rewards. The limit is currently $18K. If I asked for a cli (and it were granted) is there a Max? I have a total of $45,400 between my 3 cards...I’m sure that will play in?
Message 8925 of 17,187
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@kugel wrote:
On Jan 4 I did the Cli on my Amex it’s was 6 months from last Cli and was declined
Still waiting for the letter
But I I just pulled the Equifax report and I didn’t see any inquiry form navy so what does that mean did they pull something else
or because I’m At the maximum credir limit with NFCU so no pull is done ?

Ohh no, no grasshopper.... Navy will still bless you with a HP, even if you're maxed.

This just happened to me.

6 months since a cli on my Cash Rewards($10,000), approved for AMEX 6 months ago ($25,000), I requested CLI on CR last week, NOPE, you're at the max.

I have <1% uti, a few inq and no lates, baddies nada. I've also put a LOT of spend through the AMEX and PIF.

They still blessed me with a HP on EQ.

No worries for me though- my new CU/Inspirus gave me a $20,000 SL with a SP!!!

C'est la vie

needmoresmiliesbum.gif

Message 8926 of 17,187
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
How long did it take your secured to graduate?

In my case it took a long time.  I started with a 408 EQ FICO in Sept, 2016 at $1,000 I increased it six months later to $5,000 with a TU hardpull at that time.  I purposly also carried a 50%+ balance for the first 18 months since I did not want my scores to rise much so as not to awaken a few bears.  Earlier this year, I started paying in full and opened a shared secured loan at NFCU  (a fantastic product) and watched as my scores this year rose from 424 to 599  (EQ FICO 09).  The card secured at 26 1/2 months.  Not the normal 6 months or so.

Next test is Wife's nRewards still at $1k and opened a month after mine.  We started paying in full 3 months ago, similar strategy and scores as above.  I imagine that unsecures soon and will likely have her go for the Amex at that point.  She has zero INQ's as well and is now in the 580's..

I was thinking that perhaps the Wife's secured card would graduate at her statement date this month as it also coinsides with the new FICO score.  So far, no such luck.  She did have the same Flagship approval in her offers section recenly that I had a month earlier however so that seemed like a good sign.  He scores and DP's are similar to mine with growing NFCU history.  Her last TU FICO 08 was 580 on Dec 20th while her new EQ FICO 09 is 608.  We decided to pull the trigger for the AMEX and see what happened even though her $1k secured did not graduate as yet.  

Instant Approval

$15k, 16.9 interest rate

DTI 20%, HHI $75k

Last known TU FICO was 580

0 INQ's, less that 1% UTI

3 Collections $2.5k to $5k, 6 or so larger charge offs all 4-5 years old

nRewards Secured card for 27 months, SSI for 3 months, 1 month old $1k FNBO secured.

Will report Internal score and actual TU FICO when we get the letter.

I was thinking maybe $3k or so...  Just Wow!

Just received the letter explaining Wife $15k Amex approval. 

TU 09:  580

NFCU Internal Score:  313

History matters for new cards!

Her $1k nRewards has still not graduated however.  Smiley Happy

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 8927 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well this is weird. Got approved for 15k cloc, but denied a Flagship card.
Message 8928 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well this is weird. Got approved for 15k cloc, but denied a Flagship card.

Not really that weird. They're entirely different departments. Try to recon the card when you get the letter.

Message 8929 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did. They upholder the denial. Although they wouldn’t tell me why they said it didn’t have anything to to with the credit report or score. I think the cloc hit their max because I called back and applied for a gorewafds card and was approved for $500.
Message 8930 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.