Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Anonymous wrote:
I did. They upholder the denial. Although they wouldn’t tell me why they said it didn’t have anything to to with the credit report or score. I think the cloc hit their max because I called back and applied for a gorewafds card and was approved for $500.

Yeah the max exposure can be a problem. That's why I only went for $500 for my CLOC because I am low income.

Message 8931 of 17,187
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I did. They upholder the denial. Although they wouldn’t tell me why they said it didn’t have anything to to with the credit report or score. I think the cloc hit their max because I called back and applied for a gorewafds card and was approved for $500.

It sounds like that's the issue, since the minimum credit line for the Flagship is $5k.

Give it a few months and you'll probably be able to get the Flagship as well. 

Message 8932 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

So now that I got my PayPal Cashback approval, my cashRewards both has a lower limit and a lower return rate so I'm thinking about PCing it to the Amex.

Question though - does the Amex have the Member Mall? Because the Member Mall gets me more money back than a 3% grocery card would and my cashRewards should be upgraded to Siggy soon too. But basically the PayPal card effectively SDs by cashRewards unless I am buying Xbox games (because of the Microsoft Store additional cashback) and I don't have a 3% grocery card so if the Amex still gets the Member Mall, I may do it, otherwise I'll apply for the Amex separately and ask them to take 1-2K from my CR to make it.

This now puts me up to 5 inquiries on TU though and while my credit score is now 54 points higher than it was, I'm not sure opening another account is something I want to do right now.

Besides, I just opened my last card with them 27 days ago so I will probably have to wait at least 6 months before they'll approve me for my third card but they'll definitely zap me a hard pull just for thinking about it.

Message 8933 of 17,187
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So now that I got my PayPal Cashback approval, my cashRewards both has a lower limit and a lower return rate so I'm thinking about PCing it to the Amex.

Question though - does the Amex have the Member Mall? Because the Member Mall gets me more money back than a 3% grocery card would and my cashRewards should be upgraded to Siggy soon too. But basically the PayPal card effectively SDs by cashRewards unless I am buying Xbox games (because of the Microsoft Store additional cashback) and I don't have a 3% grocery card so if the Amex still gets the Member Mall, I may do it, otherwise I'll apply for the Amex separately and ask them to take 1-2K from my CR to make it.

This now puts me up to 5 inquiries on TU though and while my credit score is now 54 points higher than it was, I'm not sure opening another account is something I want to do right now.

Besides, I just opened my last card with them 27 days ago so I will probably have to wait at least 6 months before they'll approve me for my third card but they'll definitely zap me a hard pull just for thinking about it.

I just logged in to check and indeed my AMEX has the member mall link. AAAthumbs_up_smiley.gif

Message 8934 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just logged in to check and indeed my AMEX has the member mall link. AAAthumbs_up_smiley.gif

Thank you!

And if I PC it, the new account will be a transfer so won't impact AAoA? I'm definitely going to be taking a bit of a beating with 3 more cards reporting but I shouldn't be under 2 years so it might not make a difference from where I'm at now but 4 new accounts might be the tipping point.

Message 8935 of 17,187
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you!

And if I PC it, the new account will be a transfer so won't impact AAoA? I'm definitely going to be taking a bit of a beating with 3 more cards reporting but I shouldn't be under 2 years so it might not make a difference from where I'm at now but 4 new accounts might be the tipping point.

No worries..

That I don't know, I haven't ever pc'd a card with NFCU.

notsoAverageJoe knows, perhaps UncleB & a few others that frequent this thread.

Good Luck if & when you decide to do it. 

Message 8936 of 17,187
UncleB
Credit Mentor

There's no AAoA ding for a PC, but IIRC the NFCU Amex is similar to the the Go Rewards in that there's a $50 minimum for a cash redemption (lower if you want a GC).  This was a deterrent for me personally.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 8937 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

There's no AAoA ding for a PC, but IIRC the NFCU Amex is similar to the the Go Rewards in that there's a $50 minimum for a cash redemption (lower if you want a GC).  This was a deterrent for me personally.  Smiley Frustrated

Yeah there is a $50 minimum redemption which means if I use it for groceries only, I can do it once a year, which is a bit annoying, but its still 3% for groceries which I don't currently have. I suppose I could just get the PayPal Business Debit and earn 3% back on every purchase using the PP CB MC I just got approved for as funding but I am not really sold on the idea just yet because traditionally debit transactions aren't as safe as credit ones.

I just don't want to burn NFCU with no usage because as AJC pointed out on my approval thread, NFCU will be there for me a lot more than Sync ever would so going for the MoreRewards would make logical sense and also if I use it for anything that's available in the Member Mall, I can get that cash back sooner unless it goes as an instant statement credit. I guess that's something I should ask them. I'll probably call about it in March. I don't really want to change anything right now, everything is new with Sync and they can be kind of erratic. I still have BBVA hitting me in February or March and NFCU hitting me this month with my $2287 BT so if Sync gets spooked, I need to see how that plays out. 

And either way, Disco has my 1Q grocery spend regardless.

Message 8938 of 17,187
kugel
Valued Contributor

Question for the expert’s it’s not like I’m going to be using it just want to know as curiosity
I know there is an option to transfer funds from the credit card into the savings Or checking account online is this considered a cash advance or a balance transfer fee and also do they offer a convenient check ?

If it does considered a cash advance so can you transfer all your available credit or it’s limited to the amount of cash advance alone you?
Message 8939 of 17,187
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@kugel wrote:
Question for the expert’s it’s not like I’m going to be using it just want to know as curiosity
I know there is an option to transfer funds from the credit card into the savings Or checking account online is this considered a cash advance or a balance transfer fee and also do they offer a convenient check ?

If it does considered a cash advance so can you transfer all your available credit or it’s limited to the amount of cash advance alone you?

Yep cash advance, that's what it is..

You can only transfer/advance the amount you are able to access as cash advance. 

They do send out convenience checks from time to time. If you need some, I imagine you can call & request them.

You might even be able to request online (I've not looked into it). 

0001Cheers.gif

Message 8940 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.