Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Nice . If u dont mind me asking , u had a recent BK ?
Message 9771 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

My BK was in 2010 but my scores were still pretty awful due to some further damage after my BK. I had nothing but negative info between 2010 and 2014 when I got my Cap Plat and started my long rebuild process. Since I didn’t have this forum until September of last year, my rebound wasn’t until this year when I got some early exclusions. 

Message 9772 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you care to share more specifics ? Orginal card and SL ? Cli amount ? 2nd card obtained ?
Message 9773 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Do you care to share more specifics ? Orginal card and SL ? Cli amount ? 2nd card obtained ?

9/2018 - cashRewards $3K @ 11.4% (lowest)

12/2018 - asked for CLI to $7500 and got it, asked for CLOC of $500 the next day and got it instantly, asked for Platinum and after review, approved $7200 @ 7.99%
2/2019 - asked to convert cashRewards to More Rewards and reallocate limits your $2K More Rewards, $12,700 Platinum which was approved as well.  

I don’t remember what my FICO 9s were but they weren’t much better than my 8s. TU was at 647 when I got approved for the cashRewards and EQ was 670 when I asked for CLI and CLOC. Platinum TU had only gone to 652 for that approval. 

Message 9774 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response. I guess I have a decision to make. 91/3 or 182/6 .
Message 9775 of 17,187
JTC-137
Regular Contributor

Not sure if this applies to CLI as well, but I was approved for a 2nd card 10 mo post bk7 discharge (Amex more rewards) at 91/3 after starting with the secured card.
More here:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/UNBELIEVABLE-NFCU-MoreRewards-lt-1yr-BK7-2nd-Card/m-p/55...
Message 9776 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hmm... I requested a CLI yesterday and it went to review but I never got an HP and I don’t have any secure messages.

I wonder if the request just got lost? It’s always an immediate HP when you ask NFCU for anything. My bureaus are all back on ice today (I had a temporary lift on all 3 for my Capital One app yesterday) and I think I’m just gonna leave it alone.

Have 180 days elapsed since you either opened the account or had a CLI on the account?  

Navy's recent policy is to simply not process CLI requests that occur at less than 180 days.  So no hard pull, but you wouldn't get a secure message either.  Eventually you'll get an email declining the request and if you call the rep will tell you the request was not processed. 

Message 9777 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah Navy is famous for auto ignore lol. You will eventually get a letter in mailSmiley Wink EventuallySmiley Happy
Message 9778 of 17,187
Jccflat
Established Contributor

So no cli at 90 days at all or some still get ?

I am planing to apply for a second card next week I will be at 91 days hope this still is on
My TU Fico is 775 2 inq 2 years average age 2 AU cards and one navy my own card with $9600?
Message 9779 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Hmm... I requested a CLI yesterday and it went to review but I never got an HP and I don’t have any secure messages.

I wonder if the request just got lost? It’s always an immediate HP when you ask NFCU for anything. My bureaus are all back on ice today (I had a temporary lift on all 3 for my Capital One app yesterday) and I think I’m just gonna leave it alone.

Have 180 days elapsed since you either opened the account or had a CLI on the account?  

Navy's recent policy is to simply not process CLI requests that occur at less than 180 days.  So no hard pull, but you wouldn't get a secure message either.  Eventually you'll get an email declining the request and if you call the rep will tell you the request was not processed. 

Monday was 183 days since my last CLI request, I made sure of that before I submitted the request. What may have messed things up though is the fact I PC’d the card in February and moved $5500 to the Platinum but I would think that would just screw with my CLI eligibility on the Platinum, not the More Rewards. 

It’s not a big deal, I added $18K in credit cards since Friday, I’ll just leave it alone and see if they auto me when the account hits 1 year in September. 

Message 9780 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.