Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Jccflat wrote:
So no cli at 90 days at all or some still get ?

I am planing to apply for a second card next week I will be at 91 days hope this still is on
My TU Fico is 775 2 inq 2 years average age 2 AU cards and one navy my own card with $9600?

Plenty still get them at 91/3, they’re just not as guaranteed as they used to be. 

Message 9781 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow awesome info . Hopefully I can have similar results. Only time will tell. Thanks for the response
Message 9782 of 17,187
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Saeren Whoever does get it is it sp?
Planing to do both next week what should I do first for the new card app or the cli? What order is best
Message 9783 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jccflat wrote:
Saeren Whoever does get it is it sp?
Planing to do both next week what should I do first for the new card app or the cli? What order is best

SP anything from NFCU is incredibly rare so go in expecting an HP and be happy if it’s SP. 

Since NFCU maxes out the exposure the computer says is available when you go for a new card, ask for CLI and wait a few days to see what happens with that and then ask for the new card otherwise you risk being denied the CLI and approved for the new card. 

Message 9784 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow awesome info . Hopefully I can have similar results. Only time will tell. Thanks for the response

NFCU seems like if you put the work in, you’re practically guaranteed massive growth with them. 

Message 9785 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully that's the case. I run a decent amount of money through my cashrewards and PIF multiple times through out the month.
Message 9786 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hopefully that's the case. I run a decent amount of money through my cashrewards and PIF multiple times through out the month.

That’s the kind of responsible behavior that NFCU rewards. 

Message 9787 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  

so I went the actual branch in vacaville to get my debit card and sat down with one of the bankers smh, she "encouraged" me to apply for the platinum because I was approved with a high limit with the cash rewards cc and she stated it was only a soft pull so no damage would be done. So I applied, got the 24 hour review message, went online an hour letter DECLINED!! Not mad it was soft pull no biggie. But my palms were itching so I sent a recon letter when you log in and send messages. I attached paystubs to show my income stability cause i read that really helps and this is what I wrote.. all feedback is welcome. I think it sounded pretty good..

I want to first say I am extremely excited about being a new member with Navy Federal Credit Union. I wish I would of known about you guys years ago to have had a long term relationship established already. I joined NFCU because I wanted to move all my assets from Safe Credit Union and have all of my finances with one company including: checking, savings, brokerage, my Camaro auto loan, and credit cards. I was referred to Navy by friends who have had great financial relationships with your credit union and have qualified for credit products with a much lower FICO score than I have. That showed me that NFCU wants to see people succeed and give people second chances to show they can be credit worthy. I have been rebuilding my credit since I moved back in with my parents at the beginning of this year (From low 500 to current low to mid 600), and I have a new outlook on the importance of credit and have taken safety measures to ensure timely payments (savings account) if an unexpected event happens in the future that would have caused me to be unable to pay my debts. I have been working hard this year to rebuild my credit by not having any recent late payments and building new credit (new accounts on report) with payments all on autopay. I want to use the card that I was already approved for and hopefully the Platinum card if approved to pay off my negative debt and get control of my credit to eventually be in the 800's one day. I have already been approved for a $9300 loan and would ask if even a $1000 can be taken from this card to open the platinum card. My goal is to have several products with Navy in great standing to eventually apply for a mortgage here! I am currently working with creditors with the negative accounts to get those resolved, disputing the ones that are not accurate, and some items have recently been paid. Please give serious consideration to my request for a NFCU Platinum Credit Card as I have secure income of $86,000 (paystubs attached) a year working two jobs (just went full-time wih Mscripts/CardinalHealth which will be direct deposited into Navy). I hope that once you manually review my applicatiom and score, and see the same potential in me as you did with the first approval, and reconsider your decision for approval.

Thank you for your consideration

Message 9788 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t know why that rep pushed you to apply for a second card. NFCU is next to impossible to get a second card with until you have passed that 91/3 mark. This is a well-known rule. They’ll take an app any time but they’ll HP you and most likely deny it. If you got off without an HP I’m impressed!

Keep us posted on the recon but prepare for the denial to stick would be my recommendation. 

Message 9789 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don’t know why that rep pushed you to apply for a second card. NFCU is next to impossible to get a second card with until you have passed that 91/3 mark. This is a well-known rule. They’ll take an app any time but they’ll HP you and most likely deny it. If you got off without an HP I’m impressed!

Keep us posted on the recon but prepare for the denial to stick would be my recommendation. 

I wouldn't say pushed, but she made me feel like I was going to be approved and she assured me 2nd card app since it was just done yesterday they used the same app so it would only be a soft pull and not a hard pull!! A CLOC would be for sure a HP. so thats what I sent and hopefully they will just xfer a 1000 from the cash rewards and use it to let me get a platinum. ive read alot of success stories with that strategy. so we shall see. so I should for sure wait 181/6 right for a 2nd card and cli or try at 91/3. i only have 3 inquiries on my credit so im still good and im disputing 2 lol

Message 9790 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.