Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

I don’t hesitate to throw away an inquiry. My feeling is that if a card has use for you beyond utilization padding, it’s worth the inquiry. 

I have 8 on EX, 7 on EQ, and 9 on TU. Doesn’t bother me in the least. 

Message 9791 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don’t hesitate to throw away an inquiry. My feeling is that if a card has use for you beyond utilization padding, it’s worth the inquiry. 

I have 8 on EX, 7 on EQ, and 9 on TU. Doesn’t bother me in the least. 

+1 to that.    at one point i was in the triple digits (combined).   And i know YMMV, every profile is different, i have seen plenty of members on here with what some call HIGH inq's but clean profile otherwise and still get approved. Some with high SL and good APR.  

Message 9792 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m starting to see inquiries are on the low scale when it comes to your credit. Only drops your credit by a very small amount. But man that one point could be from 799 to 800. I need all my points 🤣
Message 9793 of 17,187
Dminicandreem
Valued Member

I’m new to the forums and in the process of rebuilding my credit . I have A great person working with me and coupled with the advice , testimonials, and encouragement I have seen this community offer, I feel like I can do Anything lol .

My question is I have reaches my 91/3 mark. I have A go rewards but only got a 700.00 starting limit. I have used extensively and always pay in full before due date. My scores range from 630 Tu , 620 Equifax and 600 Experian ... my Tu 9 is 663 🤷🏽‍♂️ .
Navy Fed has been great to me so far . They even preapproved me for 25,000 to get my new car.
My questions are : Do you think I should apply for a second card now or wait longer ?
If I apply for the second card now , Should I pay my Current balance down before I apply for A second card or that won’t have much say in the deciding factor ?

Thank you for your help
Message 9794 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I’m starting to see inquiries are on the low scale when it comes to your credit. Only drops your credit by a very small amount. But man that one point could be from 799 to 800. I need all my points 🤣

If you stress about HPs, NFCU isn’t the lender for you. Seriously I’ve got 5 since September and I’m going to be taking a 6th for either a CLI or a third card soon. 

Message 9795 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not stressing. If I want to push the issue of higher limits then I have to take the HP. I get it. I was just messing around. In that case I guess i will go for the 91/3. Least all the inquiries are from navy.
Message 9796 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dminicandreem wrote:
I’m new to the forums and in the process of rebuilding my credit . I have A great person working with me and coupled with the advice , testimonials, and encouragement I have seen this community offer, I feel like I can do Anything lol .

My question is I have reaches my 91/3 mark. I have A go rewards but only got a 700.00 starting limit. I have used extensively and always pay in full before due date. My scores range from 630 Tu , 620 Equifax and 600 Experian ... my Tu 9 is 663 🤷🏽‍♂️ .
Navy Fed has been great to me so far . They even preapproved me for 25,000 to get my new car.
My questions are : Do you think I should apply for a second card now or wait longer ?
If I apply for the second card now , Should I pay my Current balance down before I apply for A second card or that won’t have much say in the deciding factor ?

Thank you for your help

Pay your card off first. I would lean more towards a second card being denied if your TU 9 wasn’t over 650 but given that stat, assuming your DTI is low, you probably have a 50/50 shot right now. If you can handle the possibly of a denial, go for it. If you can’t, I would wait until 181 days when they have had a chance to really get to know you and hopefully your scores have gone up some more. 

Message 9797 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Not stressing. If I want to push the issue of higher limits then I have to take the HP. I get it. I was just messing around. In that case I guess i will go for the 91/3. Least all the inquiries are from navy.

We joke around here that NFCU would pull our credit reports just for chatting about them but with how generous they are, it’s not really a big deal.

Message 9798 of 17,187
Dminicandreem
Valued Member

Thank you so much for the feed back . I will Hold off and wait . I do have low DTI and my income is 115k . Just made some bad decisions in my 20’s . We live . We learn . Thank you so much for taking time to respond .
Message 9799 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

And your absolutely right. To have potentially 80k in credit cards, that’s more than worth it. Even 25k is worth it. I would of never been approved of the almost 10k I got now. So NFCu is the **bleep** and I’m extremely thankful for them lol
Message 9800 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.