Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Herewegoagain what are your score on Equifax?
And the credit lines on the current 3 cards with navy ?
Message 10051 of 17,187
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Peculiar NFCU CLI story:

On 7/1 for no special reason I applied for a 12k CLI (13k -> 25k) on my Cash Rewards card.

Heard nothing in response, suggesting a denial.

Got an EQ HP.

On 7/9 I noticed that my FICO EQ 9 had updated (and improved) on the site, so applied for a CLI again.

By the evening, noticed that my 'available' credit on the card had increased by 10k, suggesting a 10k CLI.

That same evening I received a letter confirming my suspicion that the 7/1 CLI request had been turned down. Reason: excessive credit obligations.

No additional HP.

[Update] !?*%!*? They took a 2nd hard pull, just a week after the other hard pull and the same

day as my soft pull!!!

On 7/10 confirmed that I had been granted a 10k CLI to 23k.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 10052 of 17,187
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I have 3 cards with Navy. Got my platinum 9/18(cli 12/18), CLOC 12/18, Flagship 12/18, and Amex 3/19.  My scores are higher than they were when I got any of them. Got all 2nd and third cards at 91/3 and cli at 91/3. No late payments on any. One card and CLOC are $0, Flagship is at 18% and Amex is at 10%. All other cards in my report are $0.

I just applied yesterday for cli for the Flagship from 15k to 25k. Got the 24 hour message. Haven't received any emails from them. No messages on the website. And no update to my limit. I did get an HP to my TU account right after the app.

Any hope I might still have a chance? Or is the fact that it has been about 30 hours and nothing happen mean it was declined? Should I call to see what is going on?

You can always check the status online...

https://dias.navyfcu.org/secure/amc.nsf

Message 10053 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, i keep playing phantom hp with Navy, im not very (SP) ecialSmiley Wink
Message 10054 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Eq 9 is a 717. However they pulled my TU which TU 8 is 738.

My plat is 14k, flagship is 15k, amex is 15k
Last time I got a letter from navy my internal score was 320 something not sure the exact

I tried to look at my applications online and using the link provided, but it says no applications. Not sure what that means. Denied already or are the applications only for a new product and not cli?
Message 10055 of 17,187
Jccflat
Established Contributor

The link The link is for new products only

Do you have any balances on other cards also ? Or just on the navy
U can try calling for the status they will tell u
Message 10056 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only have balances on my 2 navy cards. I have a total of 11 cards and 9 are $0

I guess I will try to call. In the few times I had applied for new card or cli once, I had always gotten an email giving me a status update and this time nothing.

So just not sure if they’re done or not.
Message 10057 of 17,187
rdrarmy
Valued Member

@Jago22, against your recommendation I went ahead and submitted for a CLI for $25K on my $20K Platinum card and I ended up being countered for $23.5K. It appears that they used the same HP from earlier in the day for when I requested the CLI on my Cash Rewards because as of now I haven’t been alerted of an additional HP. I know I went against your recommendation, but I decided to roll the dice on it. Overall I am very happy with the outcome. Thank you Navy Federal for trusting me!

FICO 8 Starting Score: (2 DEC 17)

FICO 8 Current Score: (27 JAN 21)

FICO 8 Goal Score:

Hover over my cards to see my limits and utilization!
Message 10058 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

This week was my 1 year anniversary with NFCU.  In July of last year, I opened an account and apped for/received a Go Rewards ($700 SL).  I haven't received a CLI on it yet, although I did receive a Cash Rewards in October at 10K and an Auto Loan in Sept (11.5K).  I have mostly kept a $0 balance on the Go rewards all year, and I pay more on the Auto Loan than owed every month to pay it down faster.  I have sometimes carried a balance on the Cash Rewards (which is currently at 65% utilization).  I was watching all the success this week, and decided to go ahead and pull the trigger.  I requested a CLI to 10K for the Go rewards, and also apped for the Flagship.  Got the 24 hour review for both.  **Crossing Fingers and frantically checks the app every 2 minutes**

Message 10059 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rdrarmy wrote:
@Jago22, against your recommendation I went ahead and submitted for a CLI for $25K on my $20K Platinum card and I ended up being countered for $23.5K. It appears that they used the same HP from earlier in the day for when I requested the CLI on my Cash Rewards because as of now I haven’t been alerted of an additional HP. I know I went against your recommendation, but I decided to roll the dice on it. Overall I am very happy with the outcome. Thank you Navy Federal for trusting me!

Thanks for the DP's, I also plan on trying to use 1 HP for a CLI on two cards next month. I figured it was possible.

Bless

Message 10060 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.