Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

... Hoping for some SP love I tugged on the CLI Luv Lever & asked for a modest 7K CLI.

So far no HP. And now I wait while they review, patiently or not. 

The HP came. Alas, the CLI did not. 

Message 10061 of 17,187
rdrarmy
Valued Member

@Df82 its totally possible as it is a confirmed 1 HP for 2x CLI requests on both of my cards on same day.

FICO 8 Starting Score: (2 DEC 17)

FICO 8 Current Score: (27 JAN 21)

FICO 8 Goal Score:

Hover over my cards to see my limits and utilization!
Message 10062 of 17,187
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Questions:

I am on day 87 of my ridiculous $1k limit Cash Rewards.

I have not received my SUB and passed the requirement weeks ago.

I have had 3 statements.

Do they wait 90 days to pay the SUB even if you already passed the requirement?

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 10063 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Navy does not reuse hps. If you got one increase without it it was done by soft pull but not same hp from previous request.
Message 10064 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

Questions:

I am on day 87 of my ridiculous $1k limit Cash Rewards.

I have not received my SUB and passed the requirement weeks ago.

I have had 3 statements.

Do they wait 90 days to pay the SUB even if you already passed the requirement?

I had the same question with my GoRewards recently.  I called NFCU, the CSR informed me that the SUB would be issued when the first statement cut after the end of the SUB period.  For me it was a 90 day SUB period, my SUB showed up on my first statement following the 90 days. 

Message 10065 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

SUB comes on 4th statement.
Message 10066 of 17,187
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Well one for two. Dhs account GR card hit 181 days, hit the CLI went under review (not a good sign in my experience) got the denial email a few hours later. Oh well, will wait for letter.

Either I was off by a day but I doubt I am very meticulous with dates and think of myself as a good counter😁 . So I think maybe he hit his internal max with them. His total creditlines are 62K combined and he has a 10K CLOC, we are virtually the same profile, of course same income and I sit at 65K creditlines and 15K CLOC.

So I think I will very happy with what NAVY has given with us and leave them beSmiley Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 10067 of 17,187
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

I hit the sub on my CR as soon as I got it back in April.  Haven't got it yet though but I figured it's coming...but if it's 4th statement then that will be in 2 weeks, so we'll see.

Message 10068 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone!

I am very new to the forum, this is actually my first time posting.

I have been a member of NFCU for almost two years now. I recently received an email containing an acceptance for the amex, I pulled the trigger today and applied - - I was approved for a SL of $500.00. I am wondering if I had applied for a different card if my SL may have been higher? If I were to apply for another card today, would I be approved for a card with a higher SL? Or should I wait it out and do the 91/3 for a CLI and a new card?

Just for some background : Discover IT - 1182/1200 Nordstrom - 450/1000 Overstock 0/250

Due to high utilization my scores have dropped to the high 500s ..

ANY ADVICE?? 

Message 10069 of 17,187
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hello and welcome to myFICO.

First congrats on the approval.

Second, I don't believe applying for a different card would have netted you a higher limit. IMHO, I believe your SL was low because your UT is high. Your Disco is maxed out at 98% and your Nordstrom is at 45%.

I suggest not applying for anything until Disco is at <28.9% and Nordstrom is <8.9%. Once your Disco is below 28.9%, then there’s a chance you would be approved for a CLI. I say Disco because it’s a SP. NFCU is a HP 99% of the time so save your HP because until you get your UT down, it will be a decline and a wasted HP.

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10070 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.