Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

The high util on your Discover is more than likely the reason for your SL. You can't apply for another card until the 91/3 mark, so in the meantime work on getting your util down. GL!

Message 10071 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you CreditInspired and Scooter!!

I am working to get those cards down. Nordstrom will be at zero within the next couple of weeks and then I will knock out Discover as well.
Message 10072 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey All !!

Today is my 91/3 . I was approved for a consalidation loan with NFCU about a month ago to pay off 3 high interest loans I had . NFCU loan is showing on my credit report already but 2 of the 3 loans I paid off are still reporting as open . I know eventually they will report as closed, my question is should I wait until all 3 show closed or just apply for a second card now ? My credit utilization is 8% so I'm good there.
Message 10073 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I was turned down for both.  It isn't altogether surprising considering the high UTL on the cash rewards.  I sent in a secured message asking for a reconsideration.  I got a text message saying that they were reveiwing my application.  Hoping they change their mind, but certainly not counting on it.  In a couple months I will have it paid down, and I can try again.

Message 10074 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled the trigger and was instantly approved for a More Rewards American Express with a SL of $7500 . I was also approved for a CLI of $1400 on my rewards card ( new limit is $2100 ) . Super happy with both. NFCU ROCKS !!!!
Message 10075 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

How does that recon work? And is it worth it after you have been declined a CLI, CLOC, etc. If I get anymore HP's, I want them now, this month.

But before you answer, I have a very good payment history, although only a couple years old. No credit since a few charge offs in 2013. Never applied until a couple years ago, about 2017.

Have, unsecured at about $22K with a util well under 3%, Vantage score has me at 746 average and Fico has me at about 646 average, NFCU has Fico 9 at 661. All still show high util rate, but it has been a month or two and all but one is paid off, AmEx - daughter used it for car repairs.

Is it really worth it to phone con and ask for a reconsideration?

BTW, my DTI may hurt, I am on SSD and make nothing, about $14,750 and self employed about $8400, both are basically, gross $ net. Not enough to pay taxes.

I am going into the garden, but want to do what I can to finish out this month.

Message 10076 of 17,187
IodineNightSky
Regular Contributor

Just as an update, I appd for the nfcu Amex and got 20k. Now I’m going to hold off on asking for clis on my 5.5k CR and 10k flag so as to not seem overly greedy - Altho from what I’ve read navy doesn’t seem to mind going after more more more.
Current FICO 8s:
EQ: 712 - TU: 719 - EX: 707
Mortgage Ficos: EQ5: 708 - TU4: 729 - EX2: 700
Current Middle Mortgage Score: 708
Goal Scores: 740+

Message 10077 of 17,187
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How does that recon work? And is it worth it after you have been declined a CLI, CLOC, etc. If I get anymore HP's, I want them now, this month.

But before you answer, I have a very good payment history, although only a couple years old. No credit since a few charge offs in 2013. Never applied until a couple years ago, about 2017.

Have, unsecured at about $22K with a util well under 3%, Vantage score has me at 746 average and Fico has me at about 646 average, NFCU has Fico 9 at 661. All still show high util rate, but it has been a month or two and all but one is paid off, AmEx - daughter used it for car repairs.

Is it really worth it to phone con and ask for a reconsideration?

BTW, my DTI may hurt, I am on SSD and make nothing, about $14,750 and self employed about $8400, both are basically, gross $ net. Not enough to pay taxes.

I am going into the garden, but want to do what I can to finish out this month.

Up to you, but it's a good chance they'll do another HP. I've never had a successful recon but some have. If you don't care about the HP, it doesn't hurt to ask for reconsideration. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 10078 of 17,187
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@IodineNightSky wrote:
Just as an update, I appd for the nfcu Amex and got 20k. Now I’m going to hold off on asking for clis on my 5.5k CR and 10k flag so as to not seem overly greedy - Altho from what I’ve read navy doesn’t seem to mind going after more more more.

Congratulations! That's a nice SL. 👍👍

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 10079 of 17,187
Gear1
Valued Member

Back again,
Started navy in January GoRewards $500.00, 91/3 approved for Platinum @ 8.24 $25,000.00 today 91/3 approved for Flagship @ 15.74 $20,000.00
Also used auto loan for my daughters car her other car got totaled, she was not in it!
Income 70s
Scores all around 680s and 690s
Applied for 6 accounts altogether in the last 10 months, time to rest.
5 inquiries on TU which they pulled
Instant approval
Just have to say thanks for everyone here! Without you all I would never had joined so would not have had this great journey!
Message 10080 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.