cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

i initially got approved for a 500$ CR from navy. at 91/3 i asked for a CLI and applied for a flagship card.

was completely denied on the CLI request so the card stayed at 500$. at the same time, they approved me for 15k on the flag. 

this was about 6-7 months ago. 

i sent them a message the next day (before i had the flag in hand) and asked them to reallocate 5k from flag to CR. my reason stated was somethign like "i can't really buy anything substantial on teh CR so can i please move 5k of the flag limit to the CR?" they did so the same day and that left me with a 5.5k CR and 10k flag. 

again, that was 6-7 months ago. i assume they still reallocate but havent tried it since 6-7 months ago. 

Current FICO 8s:
EQ: 650 - TU: 661 - EX: 642
Starting Score: 617
Current Middle Score: 650
Goal Score: 800

Message 10071 of 10,800
Valued Member

@IodineNightSky wrote:

i sent them a message the next day (before i had the flag in hand) and asked them to reallocate 5k from flag to CR. my reason stated was somethign like "i can't really buy anything substantial on teh CR so can i please move 5k of the flag limit to the CR?" they did so the same day and that left me with a 5.5k CR and 10k flag. 

again, that was 6-7 months ago. i assume they still reallocate but havent tried it since 6-7 months ago. 

Excellent datapoint, @IodineNightsky.  Thank you for sharing!

Message 10072 of 10,800
Valued Contributor

My 91st day came today.

After my ridiculous denial for Flagship and approval for $1k Cash Rewards, I decided to listen to everyone and wait 91 days.

Backstory:  had 745 Fico, 333 NFCU internal score, six figure income, multiple $10k - $30k credit cards, under 17% util, etc.

Yep, 745 gets $1k while 550-650 Ficos are getting $25k.  Bizarro world.

Today, 91 days later, I was instantly approved for $20k Flagship.  Little disappointed it was not $25k, but still happy.

I was also approved for $2k cli making my first card $3k CL which I believe is the most possible since my SL was $1k.

Ironically, my Fico was 740, I opened 3 new cards in the last 90 days, more inquiries, etc.

My new Flagship will be my go to card now especially for the next 90 days.

Hopefully I can grow it and my relationship with NFCU.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k+ unsecured credit in 2017  -  $250k+ unsecured credit in 2019.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

10% Rotating - Discover                    5%-20% - Amazon & Lowes                3-6% Groceries - NFCU & Amex Preferred
3-5% Gas - NFCU & Ducks Unl         4% Dining & Entertain - Savor            3% Travel & Hotels - Flagship, Propel, & Uber
2% Everything Else - Flagship          1% Cancer Charity - Fifth Third          0% Finance Promos - Venture & QuickSilver

Message 10073 of 10,800
Established Contributor

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

My 91st day came today.

After my ridiculous denial for Flagship and approval for $1k Cash Rewards, I decided to listen to everyone and wait 91 days.

Backstory:  had 745 Fico, 333 NFCU internal score, multiple $10k - $30k credit cards, under 17% util, etc.

Today, 91 days later, I was instantly approved for $20k Flagship.  Little disappointed it was not $25k, but still happy.

I was also approved for $2k cli making my first card $3k CL which I believe is the most possible since my SL was $1k.

Ironically, my Fico was 740, I opened 3 new cards in the last 90 days, more inquiries, etc.

Congrats, although I have to be honest & say I will miss scrolling over your CR card image & seeing “$1K- yep, $1K!” LOL!

Starting Score: Nov 3, 2018: EX 597 TU 599 EQ 616
Current Score: October 1, 2019: EX 665 TU 688 EQ 675
Goal Score: Dec 31, 2019: EX 700 TU 700 EQ 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10074 of 10,800
Valued Contributor

@ScooterMcDoodlebutt wrote:

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

My 91st day came today.

Backstory:  had 745 Fico, 333 NFCU internal score, multiple $10k - $30k credit cards, under 17% util, etc.

Congrats, although I have to be honest & say I will miss scrolling over your CR card image & seeing “$1K- yep, $1K!” LOL!

LOL!  It was bitter sweet, but decided to retire it for now.  

I spent like $5k or $6k on a $1k card in 3 months.  LOL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k+ unsecured credit in 2017  -  $250k+ unsecured credit in 2019.

10% Rotating - Discover                    5%-20% - Amazon & Lowes                3-6% Groceries - NFCU & Amex Preferred
3-5% Gas - NFCU & Ducks Unl         4% Dining & Entertain - Savor            3% Travel & Hotels - Flagship, Propel, & Uber
2% Everything Else - Flagship          1% Cancer Charity - Fifth Third          0% Finance Promos - Venture & QuickSilver

Message 10075 of 10,800
Super Contributor

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

My 91st day came today.

Backstory:  had 745 Fico, 333 NFCU internal score, six figure income, multiple $10k - $30k credit cards, under 17% util, etc.

Congrats!

You treated Navy right and they rewarded you, enjoy! Smiley Happy

01/2019:
10/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Cash+, Freedom.
Message 10076 of 10,800
Frequent Contributor

Same scenario happened with me, I ended up closing my $3K Cash Rewards and transferring the $3K onto my Flagship. Got the Cash Rewards again on my 3rd Card.

Message 10077 of 10,800
Valued Contributor

@Df82 wrote:
Same scenario happened with me, I ended up closing my $3K Cash Rewards and transferring the $3K onto my Flagship. Got the Cash Rewards again on my 3rd Card.

Did you get another SUB for the 2nd Cash Rewards card?

Message 10078 of 10,800
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Has anyone gotten 25k as a SL on their first card and just asked for a CLI at 91/3? 

Message 10079 of 10,800
Established Member

I did not app at 91/3... I app’d on
July 8th (10 months after opening) - I was denied the CLI.

I’m not sure why at this time - I’m still waiting for the notice to arrive via mail.

My GoRewards Credit Card was
opened in 10/2018 with a SL of 25k. My highest balance was 22k - balance on the app date was 12k. I’ve been paying down the balance by 1k every month. I used the card heavily thru April (repaid what I used before the statement close date). I’ve only used the card twice since April because I’ve been using my
Cash Rewards Credit Card (20k SL with a balance of $600 when I requested the CLI for the GoRewards).

I’m was at 14% UTL (all debt).

The CLI inquiry did result in a
hard pull (TransUnion). I called in several times asking to use this inquiry
for a CLOC - I was denied and I understand.

NFCU has been very good to me!
9ninne
Message 10080 of 10,800
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.